Nokia Goes Against Sony Xperia Z1s with Lumia 1520 Mini
By Precious Silva | January 30, 2014 1:54 PM EST
Nokia has been strengthening its line of phones for the past year. The company has been successful with the release of the Lumia series. Instead of just competing with the OS and design features, Nokia has capitalised on the device's camera making it a standout in the market. The company was able to differentiate itself from other smartphone offerings. For the new year, recent reports say that Nokia wants to go against the Xperia line releasing a Lumia 1520 Mini. Can Nokia deliver?
Nokia has announced record sales of its Lumia phones which are finally gaining traction in North America.
Previously, the trend among smartphone manufacturers is to provide different coloured variants of their devices. This time, another trend seems to be brewing up. More and more companies are creating miniature versions of their devices. Apple started this with its iPad series. This time, Nokia wants a mini version of its Nokia Lumia line.
Samsung is also another example of this trend along with HTC. With Samsung offering mini versions of its range of devices, Nokia appears to think that it can bank on the same strategy. Mini variants appeal to a specific sector in the market. It might increase the sales value and appeal of the brand if it will offer more than one variant of its Lumia line, according to analysts.
According to recent reports, Nokia will release the Lumia 1520 Mini to compete with Xperia Z1s. Companies mostly provide mini variants of their devices to cater to users who wish more power on their devices but are not willing to carry the extra length or weight. Some people are not comfortable with the idea of carrying 5- to 6-inch handset.
The mini models are often less than 5 inches but offer similar power as their large counterparts. The Lumia 1520 Mini will be small. It will measure around 4.3 inches with 1,080p HD resolution and touch screen display. The device will also feature 2 GB RAM and 3,000 mAh battery. This will ensure longer battery life.
The rear camera will be a 14-MP PureView model. Nokia is best known for its camera software. People should expect a good camera and software combination despite the smaller variant. However, because of the scaled down design, the device will not feature a microSD card slot support.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports