Kanye West Slams Vogue Editor for Choosing Lena Dunham Over Kim Kardashian
By charmaine corne clutton | January 30, 2014 12:47 PM EST
Kanye West had reportedly slammed Anna Wintour of Vogue magazine for yet again snubbing Kim Kardashian to be the cover of the famous and high end fashion magazine. According to reports, Kanye West was insulted because of Wintour's choice to feature hit TV series "Girls" director and writer Lena Dunham over Kanye West's future wife, Kim Kardashian.
Kim Kardashian Goes Topless For Fiancé Kanye West' "Bound 2" Video
The Grammy nominated rapper allegedly confronted the fashion mogul at the Beverly Hills Polo Lounge demanding why Lena Dunham was deemed worthy of the cover page versus that of his wife.
An insider revealed that Kanye believes that Kim Kardashian has a greater appeal compared to Lena Dunham as is just at par in talent with the "Girls" director, if not even better, according to the rapper. The source revealed further that the Grammy-nominated rapper is bitter because Wintour is said to be his personal friend.
The 36-year old rapper is embittered by the fact that Anna Wintour is still refusing to even consider placing Kim as the face of Vogue. As Kanye West would like to put it, he believes that Wintour is listening to a bunch of "know-nothing" corporate haters.
Kanye West is upset that the fashion editor cannot do him a personal favor, granted the two were friends. Apparently, this was not the first time the rapper aired out his concern about his desire to see his future wife on the cover.
During an interview late last year with American Idol host Ryan Seacrest, Kanye revealed that he believes Kim is currently the most controversial and intriguing woman in the industry right now. Hence, that greatly merits her to be on the cover on the fashion magazine.
Meanwhile, Anna Wintour seems unfrazzled about Kanye's persistence. During Kanye's Brooklyn tour, the fashion editor sat seats away from the Kardashian despite sharing the same VIP box. In a recent gala night, the Met Ball Costume Institute last May, the reality star donned a floral hugging dress-which definitely did not land her a spot in Vogue's best-dressed stars list.
Meanwhile, fans have slammed Lena Dunham's cover on Vogue for being too airbrushed and photoshopped. Do you think Kim K would make a great cover for Vogue?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery