Kanye West Slams Vogue Editor for Choosing Lena Dunham Over Kim Kardashian
By charmaine corne clutton | January 30, 2014 12:47 PM EST
Kanye West had reportedly slammed Anna Wintour of Vogue magazine for yet again snubbing Kim Kardashian to be the cover of the famous and high end fashion magazine. According to reports, Kanye West was insulted because of Wintour's choice to feature hit TV series "Girls" director and writer Lena Dunham over Kanye West's future wife, Kim Kardashian.
Kim Kardashian Goes Topless For Fiancé Kanye West' "Bound 2" Video
The Grammy nominated rapper allegedly confronted the fashion mogul at the Beverly Hills Polo Lounge demanding why Lena Dunham was deemed worthy of the cover page versus that of his wife.
An insider revealed that Kanye believes that Kim Kardashian has a greater appeal compared to Lena Dunham as is just at par in talent with the "Girls" director, if not even better, according to the rapper. The source revealed further that the Grammy-nominated rapper is bitter because Wintour is said to be his personal friend.
The 36-year old rapper is embittered by the fact that Anna Wintour is still refusing to even consider placing Kim as the face of Vogue. As Kanye West would like to put it, he believes that Wintour is listening to a bunch of "know-nothing" corporate haters.
Kanye West is upset that the fashion editor cannot do him a personal favor, granted the two were friends. Apparently, this was not the first time the rapper aired out his concern about his desire to see his future wife on the cover.
During an interview late last year with American Idol host Ryan Seacrest, Kanye revealed that he believes Kim is currently the most controversial and intriguing woman in the industry right now. Hence, that greatly merits her to be on the cover on the fashion magazine.
Meanwhile, Anna Wintour seems unfrazzled about Kanye's persistence. During Kanye's Brooklyn tour, the fashion editor sat seats away from the Kardashian despite sharing the same VIP box. In a recent gala night, the Met Ball Costume Institute last May, the reality star donned a floral hugging dress-which definitely did not land her a spot in Vogue's best-dressed stars list.
Meanwhile, fans have slammed Lena Dunham's cover on Vogue for being too airbrushed and photoshopped. Do you think Kim K would make a great cover for Vogue?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence