NBA Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks Live Streaming Info and Betting Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | January 30, 2014 12:17 PM EST
Even without their lead star James Harden, the Houston Rockets were able to handle a Texas rival, San Antonio Spurs at home. They take on another team from Texas Wednesday night when they face the Dallas Mavericks on the road.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks at Los Angeles Clippers
Harden, still listed as day-to-day due to a thumb injury, wasn’t needed in the 97-90 win over the Spurs thanks to Dwight Howard (23 points and 16 rebounds); Terrence Jones (21 points and 9 rebounds); and Jeremy Lin (18 points and 8 assists). The Rockets trailed the Spurs, 46-39 at halftime but outscored San Antonio by 15 points in the third quarter.
Harden may be needed more in the game at Dallas, where the Rockets haven’t won since 2009 and where the Mavericks have won seven consecutive games against Houston. Dallas has been on a funk lately though winning just three games in their last seven outings.
The Mavs are coming off an easy 116-106 home victory over the Detroit Pistons in their last game led by Dirk Nowitzki's 28 points (10/16 FGs), 9 rebounds and 4 assists. Jose Calderon added 17 points and 4 assists and Devin Harris had 14 points and 7 dimes off the bench.
It appears that there will be another high-scoring game in their fourth and final meeting in the regular season. Houston leads the season series this year, 2-1 with wins on Nov. 1, 113-105 and Dec. 23, 111-104. The last time met these teams met in Dallas was on Nov. 20 when the Mavericks won 123-120.
Watch the Rockets vs. Mavericks via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Houston Rockets (+3.5) vs. Dallas Mavericks (O/U: 212.5)
Game time: 11:30 a.m. AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games in Dallas
- The Rockets are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games Southwest division teams
- The Rockets are 5-11-1 ATS in their last 17 games after a win
Dallas Mavericks Trends
- The Mavericks are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Mavericks are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games at home
- The Mavericks are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People