NBA Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks Live Streaming Info and Betting Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | January 30, 2014 12:17 PM EST
Even without their lead star James Harden, the Houston Rockets were able to handle a Texas rival, San Antonio Spurs at home. They take on another team from Texas Wednesday night when they face the Dallas Mavericks on the road.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks at Los Angeles Clippers
Harden, still listed as day-to-day due to a thumb injury, wasn’t needed in the 97-90 win over the Spurs thanks to Dwight Howard (23 points and 16 rebounds); Terrence Jones (21 points and 9 rebounds); and Jeremy Lin (18 points and 8 assists). The Rockets trailed the Spurs, 46-39 at halftime but outscored San Antonio by 15 points in the third quarter.
Harden may be needed more in the game at Dallas, where the Rockets haven’t won since 2009 and where the Mavericks have won seven consecutive games against Houston. Dallas has been on a funk lately though winning just three games in their last seven outings.
The Mavs are coming off an easy 116-106 home victory over the Detroit Pistons in their last game led by Dirk Nowitzki's 28 points (10/16 FGs), 9 rebounds and 4 assists. Jose Calderon added 17 points and 4 assists and Devin Harris had 14 points and 7 dimes off the bench.
It appears that there will be another high-scoring game in their fourth and final meeting in the regular season. Houston leads the season series this year, 2-1 with wins on Nov. 1, 113-105 and Dec. 23, 111-104. The last time met these teams met in Dallas was on Nov. 20 when the Mavericks won 123-120.
Watch the Rockets vs. Mavericks via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Houston Rockets (+3.5) vs. Dallas Mavericks (O/U: 212.5)
Game time: 11:30 a.m. AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games in Dallas
- The Rockets are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games Southwest division teams
- The Rockets are 5-11-1 ATS in their last 17 games after a win
Dallas Mavericks Trends
- The Mavericks are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Mavericks are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games at home
- The Mavericks are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2