NBA Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks Live Streaming Info and Betting Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | January 30, 2014 12:17 PM EST
Even without their lead star James Harden, the Houston Rockets were able to handle a Texas rival, San Antonio Spurs at home. They take on another team from Texas Wednesday night when they face the Dallas Mavericks on the road.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks at Los Angeles Clippers
Harden, still listed as day-to-day due to a thumb injury, wasn’t needed in the 97-90 win over the Spurs thanks to Dwight Howard (23 points and 16 rebounds); Terrence Jones (21 points and 9 rebounds); and Jeremy Lin (18 points and 8 assists). The Rockets trailed the Spurs, 46-39 at halftime but outscored San Antonio by 15 points in the third quarter.
Harden may be needed more in the game at Dallas, where the Rockets haven’t won since 2009 and where the Mavericks have won seven consecutive games against Houston. Dallas has been on a funk lately though winning just three games in their last seven outings.
The Mavs are coming off an easy 116-106 home victory over the Detroit Pistons in their last game led by Dirk Nowitzki's 28 points (10/16 FGs), 9 rebounds and 4 assists. Jose Calderon added 17 points and 4 assists and Devin Harris had 14 points and 7 dimes off the bench.
It appears that there will be another high-scoring game in their fourth and final meeting in the regular season. Houston leads the season series this year, 2-1 with wins on Nov. 1, 113-105 and Dec. 23, 111-104. The last time met these teams met in Dallas was on Nov. 20 when the Mavericks won 123-120.
Watch the Rockets vs. Mavericks via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Houston Rockets (+3.5) vs. Dallas Mavericks (O/U: 212.5)
Game time: 11:30 a.m. AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games in Dallas
- The Rockets are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games Southwest division teams
- The Rockets are 5-11-1 ATS in their last 17 games after a win
Dallas Mavericks Trends
- The Mavericks are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Mavericks are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games at home
- The Mavericks are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Top 5 NBA Teams With The Highest Payroll In The 2014-2015 Season
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move