NBA Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks Live Streaming Info and Betting Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | January 30, 2014 12:17 PM EST
Even without their lead star James Harden, the Houston Rockets were able to handle a Texas rival, San Antonio Spurs at home. They take on another team from Texas Wednesday night when they face the Dallas Mavericks on the road.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks at Los Angeles Clippers
Harden, still listed as day-to-day due to a thumb injury, wasn’t needed in the 97-90 win over the Spurs thanks to Dwight Howard (23 points and 16 rebounds); Terrence Jones (21 points and 9 rebounds); and Jeremy Lin (18 points and 8 assists). The Rockets trailed the Spurs, 46-39 at halftime but outscored San Antonio by 15 points in the third quarter.
Harden may be needed more in the game at Dallas, where the Rockets haven’t won since 2009 and where the Mavericks have won seven consecutive games against Houston. Dallas has been on a funk lately though winning just three games in their last seven outings.
The Mavs are coming off an easy 116-106 home victory over the Detroit Pistons in their last game led by Dirk Nowitzki's 28 points (10/16 FGs), 9 rebounds and 4 assists. Jose Calderon added 17 points and 4 assists and Devin Harris had 14 points and 7 dimes off the bench.
It appears that there will be another high-scoring game in their fourth and final meeting in the regular season. Houston leads the season series this year, 2-1 with wins on Nov. 1, 113-105 and Dec. 23, 111-104. The last time met these teams met in Dallas was on Nov. 20 when the Mavericks won 123-120.
Watch the Rockets vs. Mavericks via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Houston Rockets (+3.5) vs. Dallas Mavericks (O/U: 212.5)
Game time: 11:30 a.m. AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games in Dallas
- The Rockets are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games Southwest division teams
- The Rockets are 5-11-1 ATS in their last 17 games after a win
Dallas Mavericks Trends
- The Mavericks are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Mavericks are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games at home
- The Mavericks are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money