Jurassic Park 4 Casting News: Actor Chris Pratt Confirms Role in 'Jurassic World'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 30, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Actor Chris Pratt confirmed that he will star in the upcoming "Jurassic Park" movie franchise titled "Jurassic World." In the E!Online report, the "Parks and Recreation" star shared the good casting news to the public while promoting his next film "The Lego Movie" at Legoland in Carlsbad, California last Sunday, Jan. 26.
Actor Chris Pratt arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Sam and Dean Winchester Go Undercover at a Spa, Synopsis for Episode 13 'The Purge' Released
Ian Somerhalder on Twitter: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Shares Hilarious Image of Pet Cat Moke Smelling His Butt
"For me, Jurassic Park was really kind of my Star Wars," the 34-year-old actor shared to QMI Agency. He further added: "I lined up at the theater to see it, I saw its opening night, I saw every sequel. I've seen it a whole bunch of times... for me that was my big movie, I think I was 13 or 14 when it came out. So it's a big deal for me to be any part of that, let alone this part I'm going to be playing. I'm thrilled about it."
The PR Record Gazette report claims Chris Pratt will portray the ex-military character named Owen having conflicts with a corporate scientist in "Jurassic World." The report further claimed that the upcoming film's director and co-writer Colin Trevorrow has teased on Twitter about the plot going back to the "Jurassic Park" location Isla Nublar and not Isla Sorna or Site B.
Another casting confirmation for "Jurassic World" came from film director Ron Howard who tweeted about his daughter, Bryce Dallas Howard, starring with Chris Pratt in the fourth installment of the "Jurassic Park" movie franchise, according to the Screen Rant report. "Bryce and Chris meet for the 1st time on red carpet they will be co-stars in next Juraissic pic.twitter.com/Pu1nUI9SNG," Mr Howard posted on his Twitter account @RealRonHoward with an image attached. Click HERE to see photo.
Chris Pratt further expressed his excitement to work in "Jurassic World." The actor stated: "Everybody around the world knows that franchise. When you say Jurassic Park, no one is like, 'What's Jurassic Park?' More people know Jurassic Park than just about anything. I'm thrilled."
Mr Pratt is now expected to be one busy guy with the big movie projects under his sleeve. The actor's career continues to soar high after appearing in the small but significant roles in "Moneyball" and "Zero Dark Thirty." The actor stated about stardom: "Dude, you gotta take it while it's here. I'll take it."
"Jurassic World" is scheduled to be released in movie theaters on June 12, 2015.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Filming Set to Begin Immediately? Ben Affleck Share Insights on Being Batman in the Movie Sequel - [READ]
Lady Victoria Hervey vs. Jaimie Alexander: Battle of Dresses, British Socialite Beats 'Thor' Actress with Revealing Dress at 2014 Golden Globes - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date