‘The Mortal Instruments’ Update: Lily Collins Dishes Details on Second Movie
By charmaine corne clutton | January 30, 2014 11:53 AM EST
The first "Mortal Instruments" movie garnered a lot of fans for the movie adaptation of Cassandra Clare's shadow hunter novel. Lily Collins, plays the role of Clary Fray a normal girl who discovers that she can see the world completely different from the mortal world, where she meets Jace Wayland, played by Jamie Campbell Blower.
Lily Collins joins Taylor Lautner in \"Abduction\". in photo, British actress Lily Collins arrives at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, June 5, 2011.
Jamie Campbell Bower plays the role of a shadow hunter who falls in love with Clary Fray. Various turn of events try to bring these two apart but their love is said to move heaven and hell. What a good book for those who want the good to triumph over evil. However, with the first film being a complete failure at the box office, will there be a second movie: "The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes?"
MTV.c has been able to interview Lily Collins who blatantly stated that she didn't know if there would be a sequel to the first movie, "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones." The producers of the movie adaptation were trying to change the way the movie is directed and how they can make it better for the avid readers of the shadow hunter book.
Constantin is the production company of "The Mortal Instruments" books, which has six books, namely: "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones," "The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes," "The Mortal Instruments: City of Glass," "The Mortal Instruments: City of Fallen Angels," "The Mortal Instruments: City of Lost Souls" and "The Mortal Instruments: City of Heavenly Fire."
Fans are hoping that there would be a sequel to the book as they would love to see Jamie Campbell Bower and Lily Collins back together even if they are just friends. The two dated while filming the first movie but split before the premiere of the film. The best part is that they are still good friends.
Moreover, it seems that Collins has reportedly moved on. Reports say that she has dated "High School Musical's" Zac Efron. For now, fans are left wondering who would play the role of Lily Collin's brother in the movie, Jonathan Morgenstern.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More