‘The Mortal Instruments’ Update: Lily Collins Dishes Details on Second Movie
By charmaine corne clutton | January 30, 2014 11:53 AM EST
The first "Mortal Instruments" movie garnered a lot of fans for the movie adaptation of Cassandra Clare's shadow hunter novel. Lily Collins, plays the role of Clary Fray a normal girl who discovers that she can see the world completely different from the mortal world, where she meets Jace Wayland, played by Jamie Campbell Blower.
Lily Collins joins Taylor Lautner in \"Abduction\". in photo, British actress Lily Collins arrives at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, June 5, 2011.
Jamie Campbell Bower plays the role of a shadow hunter who falls in love with Clary Fray. Various turn of events try to bring these two apart but their love is said to move heaven and hell. What a good book for those who want the good to triumph over evil. However, with the first film being a complete failure at the box office, will there be a second movie: "The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes?"
MTV.c has been able to interview Lily Collins who blatantly stated that she didn't know if there would be a sequel to the first movie, "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones." The producers of the movie adaptation were trying to change the way the movie is directed and how they can make it better for the avid readers of the shadow hunter book.
Constantin is the production company of "The Mortal Instruments" books, which has six books, namely: "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones," "The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes," "The Mortal Instruments: City of Glass," "The Mortal Instruments: City of Fallen Angels," "The Mortal Instruments: City of Lost Souls" and "The Mortal Instruments: City of Heavenly Fire."
Fans are hoping that there would be a sequel to the book as they would love to see Jamie Campbell Bower and Lily Collins back together even if they are just friends. The two dated while filming the first movie but split before the premiere of the film. The best part is that they are still good friends.
Moreover, it seems that Collins has reportedly moved on. Reports say that she has dated "High School Musical's" Zac Efron. For now, fans are left wondering who would play the role of Lily Collin's brother in the movie, Jonathan Morgenstern.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More