Lorde Thanks Kiwi Fans With Handwritten Note Posted On Full-Page Newspaper Ad
By Jesselle Maminta | January 30, 2014 11:27 AM EST
When you've got a lot of fans in your home country, how do you thank them for their support?
For Lorde, she did it by posting a thank-you note on a full-page newspaper ad.
On Wednesday, the New Zealand-born singer thanked her hometown fans for all the support they have given her and her album producer Joel Little, that made them win their first Grammy trophies.
She did that by making a handwritten thank you note with a scribbly drawing of the Grammy trophy on its header and posted it on a full-page newspaper advertisment in The New Zealand Herald.
"Hiya, if you're reading this, Joel & I won," she writes, adding an endearing expression of still freaking out, "HOLY CRAP."
She then went on to describe what the Grammy weekend has been for her, her family and friends, and then proceeded to saying thanks to her Kiwi fans for all the support.
"It was a crazy day & my friends & family over here are still freaking out," she writes further. "I just wanted to say thank you for the time you've given me these past 14 months... Without your support, there's no way I would ever have gotten to stand in the middle of the Staples Centre & perform in my school shoes."
She ended her note by reminding her fans of her special performance at the Silo Park in Auckland that same night, and hopes to see them there.
"I can't wait for tonight's show. Together we'll make it magic. I'll see you there. xxx L"
Lorde, or Ella Maria Lani Yellich O'Connor, arrived in Auckland on Wednesday morning, and the full-page ad was published just in time for her arrival and ahead of her show at the Silo Park that evening.
On Sunday, she got two Grammy awards for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance for her song "Royals," which she also performed during the awarding ceremonies that night at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales