Lorde Thanks Kiwi Fans With Handwritten Note Posted On Full-Page Newspaper Ad
By Jesselle Maminta | January 30, 2014 11:27 AM EST
When you've got a lot of fans in your home country, how do you thank them for their support?
For Lorde, she did it by posting a thank-you note on a full-page newspaper ad.
On Wednesday, the New Zealand-born singer thanked her hometown fans for all the support they have given her and her album producer Joel Little, that made them win their first Grammy trophies.
She did that by making a handwritten thank you note with a scribbly drawing of the Grammy trophy on its header and posted it on a full-page newspaper advertisment in The New Zealand Herald.
"Hiya, if you're reading this, Joel & I won," she writes, adding an endearing expression of still freaking out, "HOLY CRAP."
She then went on to describe what the Grammy weekend has been for her, her family and friends, and then proceeded to saying thanks to her Kiwi fans for all the support.
"It was a crazy day & my friends & family over here are still freaking out," she writes further. "I just wanted to say thank you for the time you've given me these past 14 months... Without your support, there's no way I would ever have gotten to stand in the middle of the Staples Centre & perform in my school shoes."
She ended her note by reminding her fans of her special performance at the Silo Park in Auckland that same night, and hopes to see them there.
"I can't wait for tonight's show. Together we'll make it magic. I'll see you there. xxx L"
Lorde, or Ella Maria Lani Yellich O'Connor, arrived in Auckland on Wednesday morning, and the full-page ad was published just in time for her arrival and ahead of her show at the Silo Park that evening.
On Sunday, she got two Grammy awards for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance for her song "Royals," which she also performed during the awarding ceremonies that night at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border