Lorde Thanks Kiwi Fans With Handwritten Note Posted On Full-Page Newspaper Ad
By Jesselle Maminta | January 30, 2014 11:27 AM EST
When you've got a lot of fans in your home country, how do you thank them for their support?
For Lorde, she did it by posting a thank-you note on a full-page newspaper ad.
On Wednesday, the New Zealand-born singer thanked her hometown fans for all the support they have given her and her album producer Joel Little, that made them win their first Grammy trophies.
She did that by making a handwritten thank you note with a scribbly drawing of the Grammy trophy on its header and posted it on a full-page newspaper advertisment in The New Zealand Herald.
"Hiya, if you're reading this, Joel & I won," she writes, adding an endearing expression of still freaking out, "HOLY CRAP."
She then went on to describe what the Grammy weekend has been for her, her family and friends, and then proceeded to saying thanks to her Kiwi fans for all the support.
"It was a crazy day & my friends & family over here are still freaking out," she writes further. "I just wanted to say thank you for the time you've given me these past 14 months... Without your support, there's no way I would ever have gotten to stand in the middle of the Staples Centre & perform in my school shoes."
She ended her note by reminding her fans of her special performance at the Silo Park in Auckland that same night, and hopes to see them there.
"I can't wait for tonight's show. Together we'll make it magic. I'll see you there. xxx L"
Lorde, or Ella Maria Lani Yellich O'Connor, arrived in Auckland on Wednesday morning, and the full-page ad was published just in time for her arrival and ahead of her show at the Silo Park that evening.
On Sunday, she got two Grammy awards for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance for her song "Royals," which she also performed during the awarding ceremonies that night at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows