Lorde Thanks Kiwi Fans With Handwritten Note Posted On Full-Page Newspaper Ad
By Jesselle Maminta | January 30, 2014 11:27 AM EST
When you've got a lot of fans in your home country, how do you thank them for their support?
For Lorde, she did it by posting a thank-you note on a full-page newspaper ad.
On Wednesday, the New Zealand-born singer thanked her hometown fans for all the support they have given her and her album producer Joel Little, that made them win their first Grammy trophies.
She did that by making a handwritten thank you note with a scribbly drawing of the Grammy trophy on its header and posted it on a full-page newspaper advertisment in The New Zealand Herald.
"Hiya, if you're reading this, Joel & I won," she writes, adding an endearing expression of still freaking out, "HOLY CRAP."
She then went on to describe what the Grammy weekend has been for her, her family and friends, and then proceeded to saying thanks to her Kiwi fans for all the support.
"It was a crazy day & my friends & family over here are still freaking out," she writes further. "I just wanted to say thank you for the time you've given me these past 14 months... Without your support, there's no way I would ever have gotten to stand in the middle of the Staples Centre & perform in my school shoes."
She ended her note by reminding her fans of her special performance at the Silo Park in Auckland that same night, and hopes to see them there.
"I can't wait for tonight's show. Together we'll make it magic. I'll see you there. xxx L"
Lorde, or Ella Maria Lani Yellich O'Connor, arrived in Auckland on Wednesday morning, and the full-page ad was published just in time for her arrival and ahead of her show at the Silo Park that evening.
On Sunday, she got two Grammy awards for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance for her song "Royals," which she also performed during the awarding ceremonies that night at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'