Lorde Thanks Kiwi Fans With Handwritten Note Posted On Full-Page Newspaper Ad
By Jesselle Maminta | January 30, 2014 11:27 AM EST
When you've got a lot of fans in your home country, how do you thank them for their support?
For Lorde, she did it by posting a thank-you note on a full-page newspaper ad.
On Wednesday, the New Zealand-born singer thanked her hometown fans for all the support they have given her and her album producer Joel Little, that made them win their first Grammy trophies.
She did that by making a handwritten thank you note with a scribbly drawing of the Grammy trophy on its header and posted it on a full-page newspaper advertisment in The New Zealand Herald.
"Hiya, if you're reading this, Joel & I won," she writes, adding an endearing expression of still freaking out, "HOLY CRAP."
She then went on to describe what the Grammy weekend has been for her, her family and friends, and then proceeded to saying thanks to her Kiwi fans for all the support.
"It was a crazy day & my friends & family over here are still freaking out," she writes further. "I just wanted to say thank you for the time you've given me these past 14 months... Without your support, there's no way I would ever have gotten to stand in the middle of the Staples Centre & perform in my school shoes."
She ended her note by reminding her fans of her special performance at the Silo Park in Auckland that same night, and hopes to see them there.
"I can't wait for tonight's show. Together we'll make it magic. I'll see you there. xxx L"
Lorde, or Ella Maria Lani Yellich O'Connor, arrived in Auckland on Wednesday morning, and the full-page ad was published just in time for her arrival and ahead of her show at the Silo Park that evening.
On Sunday, she got two Grammy awards for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance for her song "Royals," which she also performed during the awarding ceremonies that night at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year