Gaming News: 'The Last of Us 2' in 2015; 'The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition'; Details for 'Battlefield 4' Player Appreciation Month Reward
By Gel Galang | January 30, 2014 11:14 AM EST
There has been a lot of speculation on "The Last of Us," both on its sequel and possibility of coming to the PS4.
This bit of information should be taken into the context that Naughty Dog is still working on the DLC, which means that there is still a lot going on for the first game in 2014. There's also the "Uncharted" game coming out as a PS4 exclusive from the same studio, so "The Last of Us 2" debuting as early as 2015 may be more reasonable than a 2014 release date.
But judging from the positive reception of "The Last of Us," fans can be assured more or less that a sequel is coming.
Bethesda's 'The Elder Scrolls Online' Reveals Imperial Edition
Diehard fans of "The Elder Scrolls" who are also equally excited for its first-ever massive multiplayer game "The Elder Scrolls Online" can get ahold of the Imperial Edition of the game, which has just been announced by Bethesda.
Videogamer reports that the limited edition, available only via GAME, has several freebies including a 30.5-cm Daedric Prince Molag Bal statue, a 224-page art book, a white imperial horse, the Rings of Mara that boosts XP, the pet Mudcrab and a map of Tamriel.
*The new Gun Game mode for "Call of Duty: Ghosts" is coming out with a patch: Read the full story here.
"The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition" is available at £89.99 for the PS4, PC and Xbox One, but a digital version of this, which takes away the physical freebies also takes away a part of the price so gamers only need to pay £69.99. For Mac and PC users, there is an added value to pre-order for the Imperial Edition---players get 5 days' worth of early access to the game.
"The Elder Scrolls" is set to launch on April 4 for the PC and June for the console platforms.
DICE Celebrates Friday as Player Appreciation Day
After announcing that it will release a multiplatform update in February, DICE also announced an event for fans.
NowGamer reports that the developer has dubbed February to be the "Battlefield 4" Player Appreciation Month. This is the reason why they had also given a variety of rewards for players for the whole of February.
*"Infamous: Second Son" gets a new trailer that shows gamers a very realistic side to the Seattle universe in the game. Get ready for some really beautiful screenshots in the game: Read more here.
Some of these awards include double XPs, battle packs and more. For the simpler rewards, players simply need to log in and they will immediately earn "Battlefield 4" bronze battlepack, while logging in over the weekend can give players the silver packs. Of course, to avoid abuse, players can only get the packs once per day.
The "Battlefield 4" Player Appreciation Month is also a good reason to become a "Battlefield 4" premium member. Apart from getting the double XP weekend that will be scheduled, those who are premium members also get their own double XP weekend.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date