Gaming News: 'The Last of Us 2' in 2015; 'The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition'; Details for 'Battlefield 4' Player Appreciation Month Reward
By Gel Galang | January 30, 2014 11:14 AM EST
There has been a lot of speculation on "The Last of Us," both on its sequel and possibility of coming to the PS4.
This bit of information should be taken into the context that Naughty Dog is still working on the DLC, which means that there is still a lot going on for the first game in 2014. There's also the "Uncharted" game coming out as a PS4 exclusive from the same studio, so "The Last of Us 2" debuting as early as 2015 may be more reasonable than a 2014 release date.
But judging from the positive reception of "The Last of Us," fans can be assured more or less that a sequel is coming.
Bethesda's 'The Elder Scrolls Online' Reveals Imperial Edition
Diehard fans of "The Elder Scrolls" who are also equally excited for its first-ever massive multiplayer game "The Elder Scrolls Online" can get ahold of the Imperial Edition of the game, which has just been announced by Bethesda.
Videogamer reports that the limited edition, available only via GAME, has several freebies including a 30.5-cm Daedric Prince Molag Bal statue, a 224-page art book, a white imperial horse, the Rings of Mara that boosts XP, the pet Mudcrab and a map of Tamriel.
*The new Gun Game mode for "Call of Duty: Ghosts" is coming out with a patch: Read the full story here.
"The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition" is available at £89.99 for the PS4, PC and Xbox One, but a digital version of this, which takes away the physical freebies also takes away a part of the price so gamers only need to pay £69.99. For Mac and PC users, there is an added value to pre-order for the Imperial Edition---players get 5 days' worth of early access to the game.
"The Elder Scrolls" is set to launch on April 4 for the PC and June for the console platforms.
DICE Celebrates Friday as Player Appreciation Day
After announcing that it will release a multiplatform update in February, DICE also announced an event for fans.
NowGamer reports that the developer has dubbed February to be the "Battlefield 4" Player Appreciation Month. This is the reason why they had also given a variety of rewards for players for the whole of February.
*"Infamous: Second Son" gets a new trailer that shows gamers a very realistic side to the Seattle universe in the game. Get ready for some really beautiful screenshots in the game: Read more here.
Some of these awards include double XPs, battle packs and more. For the simpler rewards, players simply need to log in and they will immediately earn "Battlefield 4" bronze battlepack, while logging in over the weekend can give players the silver packs. Of course, to avoid abuse, players can only get the packs once per day.
The "Battlefield 4" Player Appreciation Month is also a good reason to become a "Battlefield 4" premium member. Apart from getting the double XP weekend that will be scheduled, those who are premium members also get their own double XP weekend.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones