'Nariana' Over: Ariana Grande Confirms Split from Nathan Sykes
By Diadem Pambid | January 30, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Nathan Sykes has had a terrible start this 2014. Aside from his boy band, The Wanted, announcing their split early this week, his lady love, Ariana Grande spilled the details on their break-up. After weeks of no news from the "Nariana" couple, Grande confirms that she and Nathan Sykes have already called it quits.
Singer Ariana Grande accepts the Kohl's new artist of the year award
It's a sad day for The Wanted and "Nariana" fans. Early this week, the boys had announced their split. Now, fans have to deal with another blow to the heart following Ariana Grande's latest interview involving The Wanted's Nathan Sykes.
For weeks, fans of the "Nariana" couple have been wondering if Nathan and Ariana are still together. Rumours of their break up first started thanks to an interview where Grande talked about her "unhealthy relationship." It doesn't help that on the social networking site, Twitter, Grande and Sykes do not follow each other.
In December, fans had hoped for a romantic reunion between the long distance lovers but no such reunion occurred. On New Year's Eve, again fans had hoped the "Nariana" couple would share their romantic getaway but there was none.
Finally, after weeks of not hearing from the couple, Grande dishes all the details and confirms the rumours. "Nariana" has indeed broken up.
"We broke up a little while ago but he's a really good friend. He's so talented. I am so glad to met him and have a friend like him in my life. He's an amazing person. It was very civil. It was mutual... you know. He's such a great person. I adore him and he is so talented," says Grande in an interview with DJ Showbiz Shelly (via Popcrush).
This definitely comes as a surprise given reports claim Nathan Sykes had just recently visited Grande in Los Angeles. Of course, this could simply be a "friendly" visit and nothing romantic of sorts. Hopefully, the "Nariana" couple reconcile because in the world of Hollywood, getting back together after a split is quite normal.
For now, Nathan could help boost Grande's confidence a bit after she had to deal with rude and insensitive comments about her Grammy Awards outfit last Sunday night.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies