'Nariana' Over: Ariana Grande Confirms Split from Nathan Sykes
By Diadem Pambid | January 30, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Nathan Sykes has had a terrible start this 2014. Aside from his boy band, The Wanted, announcing their split early this week, his lady love, Ariana Grande spilled the details on their break-up. After weeks of no news from the "Nariana" couple, Grande confirms that she and Nathan Sykes have already called it quits.
Singer Ariana Grande accepts the Kohl's new artist of the year award
It's a sad day for The Wanted and "Nariana" fans. Early this week, the boys had announced their split. Now, fans have to deal with another blow to the heart following Ariana Grande's latest interview involving The Wanted's Nathan Sykes.
For weeks, fans of the "Nariana" couple have been wondering if Nathan and Ariana are still together. Rumours of their break up first started thanks to an interview where Grande talked about her "unhealthy relationship." It doesn't help that on the social networking site, Twitter, Grande and Sykes do not follow each other.
In December, fans had hoped for a romantic reunion between the long distance lovers but no such reunion occurred. On New Year's Eve, again fans had hoped the "Nariana" couple would share their romantic getaway but there was none.
Finally, after weeks of not hearing from the couple, Grande dishes all the details and confirms the rumours. "Nariana" has indeed broken up.
"We broke up a little while ago but he's a really good friend. He's so talented. I am so glad to met him and have a friend like him in my life. He's an amazing person. It was very civil. It was mutual... you know. He's such a great person. I adore him and he is so talented," says Grande in an interview with DJ Showbiz Shelly (via Popcrush).
This definitely comes as a surprise given reports claim Nathan Sykes had just recently visited Grande in Los Angeles. Of course, this could simply be a "friendly" visit and nothing romantic of sorts. Hopefully, the "Nariana" couple reconcile because in the world of Hollywood, getting back together after a split is quite normal.
For now, Nathan could help boost Grande's confidence a bit after she had to deal with rude and insensitive comments about her Grammy Awards outfit last Sunday night.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine