'Nariana' Over: Ariana Grande Confirms Split from Nathan Sykes
By Diadem Pambid | January 30, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Nathan Sykes has had a terrible start this 2014. Aside from his boy band, The Wanted, announcing their split early this week, his lady love, Ariana Grande spilled the details on their break-up. After weeks of no news from the "Nariana" couple, Grande confirms that she and Nathan Sykes have already called it quits.
Singer Ariana Grande accepts the Kohl's new artist of the year award
It's a sad day for The Wanted and "Nariana" fans. Early this week, the boys had announced their split. Now, fans have to deal with another blow to the heart following Ariana Grande's latest interview involving The Wanted's Nathan Sykes.
For weeks, fans of the "Nariana" couple have been wondering if Nathan and Ariana are still together. Rumours of their break up first started thanks to an interview where Grande talked about her "unhealthy relationship." It doesn't help that on the social networking site, Twitter, Grande and Sykes do not follow each other.
In December, fans had hoped for a romantic reunion between the long distance lovers but no such reunion occurred. On New Year's Eve, again fans had hoped the "Nariana" couple would share their romantic getaway but there was none.
Finally, after weeks of not hearing from the couple, Grande dishes all the details and confirms the rumours. "Nariana" has indeed broken up.
"We broke up a little while ago but he's a really good friend. He's so talented. I am so glad to met him and have a friend like him in my life. He's an amazing person. It was very civil. It was mutual... you know. He's such a great person. I adore him and he is so talented," says Grande in an interview with DJ Showbiz Shelly (via Popcrush).
This definitely comes as a surprise given reports claim Nathan Sykes had just recently visited Grande in Los Angeles. Of course, this could simply be a "friendly" visit and nothing romantic of sorts. Hopefully, the "Nariana" couple reconcile because in the world of Hollywood, getting back together after a split is quite normal.
For now, Nathan could help boost Grande's confidence a bit after she had to deal with rude and insensitive comments about her Grammy Awards outfit last Sunday night.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon