'Nariana' Over: Ariana Grande Confirms Split from Nathan Sykes
By Diadem Pambid | January 30, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Nathan Sykes has had a terrible start this 2014. Aside from his boy band, The Wanted, announcing their split early this week, his lady love, Ariana Grande spilled the details on their break-up. After weeks of no news from the "Nariana" couple, Grande confirms that she and Nathan Sykes have already called it quits.
Singer Ariana Grande accepts the Kohl's new artist of the year award
It's a sad day for The Wanted and "Nariana" fans. Early this week, the boys had announced their split. Now, fans have to deal with another blow to the heart following Ariana Grande's latest interview involving The Wanted's Nathan Sykes.
For weeks, fans of the "Nariana" couple have been wondering if Nathan and Ariana are still together. Rumours of their break up first started thanks to an interview where Grande talked about her "unhealthy relationship." It doesn't help that on the social networking site, Twitter, Grande and Sykes do not follow each other.
In December, fans had hoped for a romantic reunion between the long distance lovers but no such reunion occurred. On New Year's Eve, again fans had hoped the "Nariana" couple would share their romantic getaway but there was none.
Finally, after weeks of not hearing from the couple, Grande dishes all the details and confirms the rumours. "Nariana" has indeed broken up.
"We broke up a little while ago but he's a really good friend. He's so talented. I am so glad to met him and have a friend like him in my life. He's an amazing person. It was very civil. It was mutual... you know. He's such a great person. I adore him and he is so talented," says Grande in an interview with DJ Showbiz Shelly (via Popcrush).
This definitely comes as a surprise given reports claim Nathan Sykes had just recently visited Grande in Los Angeles. Of course, this could simply be a "friendly" visit and nothing romantic of sorts. Hopefully, the "Nariana" couple reconcile because in the world of Hollywood, getting back together after a split is quite normal.
For now, Nathan could help boost Grande's confidence a bit after she had to deal with rude and insensitive comments about her Grammy Awards outfit last Sunday night.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4