Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Eye Ukranian Attacker as Last-ditch Signing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 30, 2014 6:41 AM EST
Liverpool are eyeing Dnipro attacker Yevhen Konoplyanka as a last-ditch signing before the winter window closes.
The Ukraine international is suggested to be worth £15million, which the Reds are willing to match, according to reports.
Yevhen Konoplyanka (centre) is considered by Liverpool as a viable alternative signing
He is a versatile forward that is comfortable upfront and can play on either side of the flanks.
After losing out to title rivals Chelsea in capturing the signature of Basel winger Mohamed Salah, the Merseyside outfit are considering Konoplyanka as a viable alternative.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has reiterated that it is still possible to make key acquisitions despite nearing the final 48 hours of the window.
"Hopefully we can have a major signing before the window shuts," said Rodgers.
Meanwhile, the 24-year-old's father has confirmed that there is a good probability that his son might join the Premier League, but has, however, kept mum on the identity of the linked club.
"I do not want to say specifically but the information about a transfer to the English club is true," his father, Oleg, revealed.
"He can change clubs later this week. We do not consider offers from Ukraine."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2