Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Eye Ukranian Attacker as Last-ditch Signing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 30, 2014 6:41 AM EST
Liverpool are eyeing Dnipro attacker Yevhen Konoplyanka as a last-ditch signing before the winter window closes.
The Ukraine international is suggested to be worth £15million, which the Reds are willing to match, according to reports.
Yevhen Konoplyanka (centre) is considered by Liverpool as a viable alternative signing
He is a versatile forward that is comfortable upfront and can play on either side of the flanks.
After losing out to title rivals Chelsea in capturing the signature of Basel winger Mohamed Salah, the Merseyside outfit are considering Konoplyanka as a viable alternative.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has reiterated that it is still possible to make key acquisitions despite nearing the final 48 hours of the window.
"Hopefully we can have a major signing before the window shuts," said Rodgers.
Meanwhile, the 24-year-old's father has confirmed that there is a good probability that his son might join the Premier League, but has, however, kept mum on the identity of the linked club.
"I do not want to say specifically but the information about a transfer to the English club is true," his father, Oleg, revealed.
"He can change clubs later this week. We do not consider offers from Ukraine."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions