Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Eye Ukranian Attacker as Last-ditch Signing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 30, 2014 6:41 AM EST
Liverpool are eyeing Dnipro attacker Yevhen Konoplyanka as a last-ditch signing before the winter window closes.
The Ukraine international is suggested to be worth £15million, which the Reds are willing to match, according to reports.
Yevhen Konoplyanka (centre) is considered by Liverpool as a viable alternative signing
He is a versatile forward that is comfortable upfront and can play on either side of the flanks.
After losing out to title rivals Chelsea in capturing the signature of Basel winger Mohamed Salah, the Merseyside outfit are considering Konoplyanka as a viable alternative.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has reiterated that it is still possible to make key acquisitions despite nearing the final 48 hours of the window.
"Hopefully we can have a major signing before the window shuts," said Rodgers.
Meanwhile, the 24-year-old's father has confirmed that there is a good probability that his son might join the Premier League, but has, however, kept mum on the identity of the linked club.
"I do not want to say specifically but the information about a transfer to the English club is true," his father, Oleg, revealed.
"He can change clubs later this week. We do not consider offers from Ukraine."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet