Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Eye Ukranian Attacker as Last-ditch Signing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 30, 2014 6:41 AM EST
Liverpool are eyeing Dnipro attacker Yevhen Konoplyanka as a last-ditch signing before the winter window closes.
The Ukraine international is suggested to be worth £15million, which the Reds are willing to match, according to reports.
Yevhen Konoplyanka (centre) is considered by Liverpool as a viable alternative signing
He is a versatile forward that is comfortable upfront and can play on either side of the flanks.
After losing out to title rivals Chelsea in capturing the signature of Basel winger Mohamed Salah, the Merseyside outfit are considering Konoplyanka as a viable alternative.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has reiterated that it is still possible to make key acquisitions despite nearing the final 48 hours of the window.
"Hopefully we can have a major signing before the window shuts," said Rodgers.
Meanwhile, the 24-year-old's father has confirmed that there is a good probability that his son might join the Premier League, but has, however, kept mum on the identity of the linked club.
"I do not want to say specifically but the information about a transfer to the English club is true," his father, Oleg, revealed.
"He can change clubs later this week. We do not consider offers from Ukraine."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales