Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Eye Ukranian Attacker as Last-ditch Signing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 30, 2014 6:41 AM EST
Liverpool are eyeing Dnipro attacker Yevhen Konoplyanka as a last-ditch signing before the winter window closes.
The Ukraine international is suggested to be worth £15million, which the Reds are willing to match, according to reports.
Yevhen Konoplyanka (centre) is considered by Liverpool as a viable alternative signing
He is a versatile forward that is comfortable upfront and can play on either side of the flanks.
After losing out to title rivals Chelsea in capturing the signature of Basel winger Mohamed Salah, the Merseyside outfit are considering Konoplyanka as a viable alternative.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has reiterated that it is still possible to make key acquisitions despite nearing the final 48 hours of the window.
"Hopefully we can have a major signing before the window shuts," said Rodgers.
Meanwhile, the 24-year-old's father has confirmed that there is a good probability that his son might join the Premier League, but has, however, kept mum on the identity of the linked club.
"I do not want to say specifically but the information about a transfer to the English club is true," his father, Oleg, revealed.
"He can change clubs later this week. We do not consider offers from Ukraine."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho