Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Send Reps to Germany for Thierry Henry 2.0 Deal
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 30, 2014 5:47 AM EST
Premier League frontrunners Arsenal have sent club representatives to Germany in an attempt to consummate another coup for the second time around in different transfer windows.
Arsenal sends representatives to Germany in their pursuit of landing Schalke's Julian Draxler
It can be remembered that the Gunners were able to close a surprising, yet fantastic, deal involving German international Mesut Ozil just hours before the last summer transfer window closed.
The north Londoners are resorting to the same scheme as they hope to bring Schalke's scintillating wonderkid and Ozil's compatriot, Julian Draxler, to the Emirates.
As previously reported by IBT Sports, Arsenal are not willing to go beyond their means and intend to stick with their initial bid of £24.7million for the 20-year-old, which is way below the player's buy-out clause of £37million.
Nevertheless, the Gunners have gained notoriety of successfully landing their targets for a reasonable price, as of late, and it will be expected that they will do everything within their boundaries to secure the services of a player with that of Draxler's caliber.
The Schalke forward is seen by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger as a possible successor to the throne that Gunners great Thierry Henry has long vacated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29