NBA Trade News: Jeremy Lin For Kyle Lowry Being Discussed; Houston Rockets, Toronto Raptors Aggressive Trade Partners Before Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 30, 2014 1:01 AM EST
Houston Rockets and the Toronto Raptors could be involved in trade deadline deal involving Point Guards Jeremy Lin and Kyle Lowry and Swingman Francisco Garcia, multiple sources reported.
With the Feb. 20 trade deadline drawing near, these two playoff-aspiring ballclubs are expected to dominate the newsfeed for the next 3 weeks as they look to add pieces to their current roster.
Jeremy Lin is featured in the latest "This is SportsCenter" commercial.
Rockets has previously showed its intention to trade away Garcia in exchange for a solid player. But the latest trade buzz reported the Rockets is interested to include both Lin and Garcia in a package for Lowry.
"Kyle Lowry has been at the center of trade rumors, even though he's been one of the bigger surprises this year. The point guard has helped lead the Toronto Raptors to the third-best record in the Eastern Conference," International Business Times correspondent Anthony Riccobono reported.
Lowry averages 16.4 points and 7.5 assists per game for the Raptors, who current has the third-best record in the Eastern Conference.
However, many basketball analysts believed the Raptors would still move him because the front office is aware that they are not good enough to compete with Eastern Conference Giants Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers.
"Marc Stein of ESPN reports that it appears the Raptors want to deal Lowry so they don't lose him for nothing in the offseason. He's on the final year of his contract and Toronto isn't likely to re-sign him," via IBT.
Jeremy Lin In Equation
Lin, who averages 13.3 points, 4.3 assists and 2.3 rebounds per game this season, has a bigger part than Garcia's role in the Rockets bench.
Ahe need of the Rockets to have a solid facilitator in the backcourt would force the team front office to trade the former Harvard hotshots to fill in a gaping hole in their roster.
"According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, Francisco Garcia is being discussed by the organization in trade talks. Jeremy Lin's name has also been linked to possible deals," via IBT.
For more NBA Trade News, read more at IBT Sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report