NBA Trade News: Jeremy Lin For Kyle Lowry Being Discussed; Houston Rockets, Toronto Raptors Aggressive Trade Partners Before Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 30, 2014 1:01 AM EST
Houston Rockets and the Toronto Raptors could be involved in trade deadline deal involving Point Guards Jeremy Lin and Kyle Lowry and Swingman Francisco Garcia, multiple sources reported.
With the Feb. 20 trade deadline drawing near, these two playoff-aspiring ballclubs are expected to dominate the newsfeed for the next 3 weeks as they look to add pieces to their current roster.
Jeremy Lin is featured in the latest "This is SportsCenter" commercial.
Rockets has previously showed its intention to trade away Garcia in exchange for a solid player. But the latest trade buzz reported the Rockets is interested to include both Lin and Garcia in a package for Lowry.
"Kyle Lowry has been at the center of trade rumors, even though he's been one of the bigger surprises this year. The point guard has helped lead the Toronto Raptors to the third-best record in the Eastern Conference," International Business Times correspondent Anthony Riccobono reported.
Lowry averages 16.4 points and 7.5 assists per game for the Raptors, who current has the third-best record in the Eastern Conference.
However, many basketball analysts believed the Raptors would still move him because the front office is aware that they are not good enough to compete with Eastern Conference Giants Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers.
"Marc Stein of ESPN reports that it appears the Raptors want to deal Lowry so they don't lose him for nothing in the offseason. He's on the final year of his contract and Toronto isn't likely to re-sign him," via IBT.
Jeremy Lin In Equation
Lin, who averages 13.3 points, 4.3 assists and 2.3 rebounds per game this season, has a bigger part than Garcia's role in the Rockets bench.
Ahe need of the Rockets to have a solid facilitator in the backcourt would force the team front office to trade the former Harvard hotshots to fill in a gaping hole in their roster.
"According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, Francisco Garcia is being discussed by the organization in trade talks. Jeremy Lin's name has also been linked to possible deals," via IBT.
For more NBA Trade News, read more at IBT Sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide