NBA Trade News: Jeremy Lin For Kyle Lowry Being Discussed; Houston Rockets, Toronto Raptors Aggressive Trade Partners Before Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 30, 2014 1:01 AM EST
Houston Rockets and the Toronto Raptors could be involved in trade deadline deal involving Point Guards Jeremy Lin and Kyle Lowry and Swingman Francisco Garcia, multiple sources reported.
With the Feb. 20 trade deadline drawing near, these two playoff-aspiring ballclubs are expected to dominate the newsfeed for the next 3 weeks as they look to add pieces to their current roster.
Jeremy Lin is featured in the latest "This is SportsCenter" commercial.
Rockets has previously showed its intention to trade away Garcia in exchange for a solid player. But the latest trade buzz reported the Rockets is interested to include both Lin and Garcia in a package for Lowry.
"Kyle Lowry has been at the center of trade rumors, even though he's been one of the bigger surprises this year. The point guard has helped lead the Toronto Raptors to the third-best record in the Eastern Conference," International Business Times correspondent Anthony Riccobono reported.
Lowry averages 16.4 points and 7.5 assists per game for the Raptors, who current has the third-best record in the Eastern Conference.
However, many basketball analysts believed the Raptors would still move him because the front office is aware that they are not good enough to compete with Eastern Conference Giants Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers.
"Marc Stein of ESPN reports that it appears the Raptors want to deal Lowry so they don't lose him for nothing in the offseason. He's on the final year of his contract and Toronto isn't likely to re-sign him," via IBT.
Jeremy Lin In Equation
Lin, who averages 13.3 points, 4.3 assists and 2.3 rebounds per game this season, has a bigger part than Garcia's role in the Rockets bench.
Ahe need of the Rockets to have a solid facilitator in the backcourt would force the team front office to trade the former Harvard hotshots to fill in a gaping hole in their roster.
"According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, Francisco Garcia is being discussed by the organization in trade talks. Jeremy Lin's name has also been linked to possible deals," via IBT.
For more NBA Trade News, read more at IBT Sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border