Opera Singer Amy Herbst Cannot Sing Without Farting Due To Negligent Childbirth Operation
By Christine Lazaro | January 29, 2014 11:54 PM EST
(Video Credit: YouTube/Chattanooga)
Amy Herbst, an opera singer, is having a hard time singing lately, not for difficulty in hitting the high notes but she cannot keep from passing.
This is the odd dilemma she goes through, according to Fox News. Herbst is a mezzo-soprano who had her childbirth operation handled by a nurse in the Army around 2 years ago.
She suspected the nurse based in the Army Hospital in Kentucky must have caused damage to her reproductive system or probably in her digestive processes. Newser.com wrote that since she gave birth to her son, she has noticed herself turning flatulent making her feel ashamed each time she sings.
The operation made on her was allegedly episiotomy. It meant cutting a section in between the vagina and the anus to make child birth a lot easier. However, according to her attorney, the chances of repairing what was done wrong were low. As a result, Herbst lost a singing stint for 'Madame Butterfly' as reported by the Tennessean.
The opera singer is married to former Army Staff Sgt. James Herbst. The Cincinnati couple claimed the incision made by the army nurse was done when Mrs. Herbst was on her second phase of labor. The problem came when she remembered that her consent was not considered or better yet she was not informed of the incision that was done on her, Huffington Post wrote.
Mrs Herbst' attorney included in their lawsuit how the opera singer lost her singing career due to the circumstances she went through since her childbirth. It was perceived that although there might be several hurdles to overcome before the singer gets the justice, she seeks out for the concept of sovereign immunity.
The Herbst couple is placing a $2.5 million pay for all the damages the alleged failed surgery caused the opera singer. They already filed the lawsuit on Jan. 16 in a Cincinnati federal court.
Mrs. Herbst deserves to sing again on stage without being embarrassed with her flatulence.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales