Photo Sharing Features Added in New Twitter Update for Android
By Aditya Bhat | January 29, 2014 10:39 PM EST
New update for Twitter on Android makes it easier to share pictures.
The update will make it smother for users to share and edit photos from the Twitter app on Android devices. They can rotate the pictures, crop them to wide or square aspects, before it is shared. It also prompts people to mention the names of friends, so that they can also see the picture.
This update also enables users to show recommended tweets to people when they refresh the page, by pulling down the home timeline if there are no new tweets. It will also show trending topics and suggestions for new accounts to follow.
The US Twitter users will also be able to get updates on TV, sports and news events.
This new update follows a series of changes being made in Twitter, to highlight its photo sharing feature
It was since October 2013 that photos and short videos via Vines started showing up on timelines of Twitter users. In December, the company also opened photo sharing through direct messaging. Later that same month, another update from Twitter prompted users' photo gallery to appear first, when they start to compose a Tweet.
The company has been pushing for its users to use more pictures ever since apps like Snapchat and Instagram have become successful picture apps, which are concentrated more on photos.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff