Photo Sharing Features Added in New Twitter Update for Android
By Aditya Bhat | January 29, 2014 10:39 PM EST
New update for Twitter on Android makes it easier to share pictures.
The update will make it smother for users to share and edit photos from the Twitter app on Android devices. They can rotate the pictures, crop them to wide or square aspects, before it is shared. It also prompts people to mention the names of friends, so that they can also see the picture.
This update also enables users to show recommended tweets to people when they refresh the page, by pulling down the home timeline if there are no new tweets. It will also show trending topics and suggestions for new accounts to follow.
The US Twitter users will also be able to get updates on TV, sports and news events.
This new update follows a series of changes being made in Twitter, to highlight its photo sharing feature
It was since October 2013 that photos and short videos via Vines started showing up on timelines of Twitter users. In December, the company also opened photo sharing through direct messaging. Later that same month, another update from Twitter prompted users' photo gallery to appear first, when they start to compose a Tweet.
The company has been pushing for its users to use more pictures ever since apps like Snapchat and Instagram have become successful picture apps, which are concentrated more on photos.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’