Photo Sharing Features Added in New Twitter Update for Android
By Aditya Bhat | January 29, 2014 10:39 PM EST
New update for Twitter on Android makes it easier to share pictures.
The update will make it smother for users to share and edit photos from the Twitter app on Android devices. They can rotate the pictures, crop them to wide or square aspects, before it is shared. It also prompts people to mention the names of friends, so that they can also see the picture.
This update also enables users to show recommended tweets to people when they refresh the page, by pulling down the home timeline if there are no new tweets. It will also show trending topics and suggestions for new accounts to follow.
The US Twitter users will also be able to get updates on TV, sports and news events.
This new update follows a series of changes being made in Twitter, to highlight its photo sharing feature
It was since October 2013 that photos and short videos via Vines started showing up on timelines of Twitter users. In December, the company also opened photo sharing through direct messaging. Later that same month, another update from Twitter prompted users' photo gallery to appear first, when they start to compose a Tweet.
The company has been pushing for its users to use more pictures ever since apps like Snapchat and Instagram have become successful picture apps, which are concentrated more on photos.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy