‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Steady in India, Crosses ₹100 Crore Worldwide
By Ankita Mehta | January 29, 2014 9:27 PM EST
Salman Khan starrer "Jia Ho" witnessed a noticeable drop of 30 percent in collections on the fifth day, which is usual considering its being a weekday. The film managed to earn ₹7.30 crore on Tuesday, taking its domestic five earnings to ₹77.48 crore.
The political drama is holding a strong position at collection centers during weekdays. The current pace at the box office run suggests that the film would not cross the ₹100-crore mark in its first week in India.
The seven-day total of "Jai Ho" should rest with ₹90 crore as Wednesday and Thursday should add over ₹12 crore in the first week earnings.
The second weekend is particularly vital for a film's business. "Jai Ho" should set with the lifetime income of ₹140 crore.
This Friday's release "One By Two" is not expected to affect the business of "Jai Ho". So the total collections of second Friday and Saturday will determine the fate of the film in week two.
At this point, "Jai Ho" is following the trend of Salman's 2011 film "Ready" at the box office. If its second weekend collections are high, "Jai Ho" will race past the business of Ready".
Meanwhile, the nett earnings of the film have touched the ₹100-crore mark at the worldwide box office. The opening weekend overseas total is ₹22.38 crore, while five-day total in India is ₹77.48 crore.
"#JaiHo Wknd 60.68 cr, Mon 9.50 cr, Tue 7.30 cr. Total: ₹ 77.48 cr nett. India biz only. #JaiHo has fared exceptionally well in UAE-GCC, Pakistan and USA-Canada mainly. Opening weekend total: approx $ 3.55 million [₹ 22.38 cr]," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film directed by Sohail Khan also features Tabu, Daisy Shah, Danny Denzongpa and Suniel Shetty in important roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy