‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Steady in India, Crosses ₹100 Crore Worldwide
By Ankita Mehta | January 29, 2014 9:27 PM EST
Salman Khan starrer "Jia Ho" witnessed a noticeable drop of 30 percent in collections on the fifth day, which is usual considering its being a weekday. The film managed to earn ₹7.30 crore on Tuesday, taking its domestic five earnings to ₹77.48 crore.
The political drama is holding a strong position at collection centers during weekdays. The current pace at the box office run suggests that the film would not cross the ₹100-crore mark in its first week in India.
The seven-day total of "Jai Ho" should rest with ₹90 crore as Wednesday and Thursday should add over ₹12 crore in the first week earnings.
The second weekend is particularly vital for a film's business. "Jai Ho" should set with the lifetime income of ₹140 crore.
This Friday's release "One By Two" is not expected to affect the business of "Jai Ho". So the total collections of second Friday and Saturday will determine the fate of the film in week two.
At this point, "Jai Ho" is following the trend of Salman's 2011 film "Ready" at the box office. If its second weekend collections are high, "Jai Ho" will race past the business of Ready".
Meanwhile, the nett earnings of the film have touched the ₹100-crore mark at the worldwide box office. The opening weekend overseas total is ₹22.38 crore, while five-day total in India is ₹77.48 crore.
"#JaiHo Wknd 60.68 cr, Mon 9.50 cr, Tue 7.30 cr. Total: ₹ 77.48 cr nett. India biz only. #JaiHo has fared exceptionally well in UAE-GCC, Pakistan and USA-Canada mainly. Opening weekend total: approx $ 3.55 million [₹ 22.38 cr]," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film directed by Sohail Khan also features Tabu, Daisy Shah, Danny Denzongpa and Suniel Shetty in important roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate