‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Steady in India, Crosses ₹100 Crore Worldwide
By Ankita Mehta | January 29, 2014 9:27 PM EST
Salman Khan starrer "Jia Ho" witnessed a noticeable drop of 30 percent in collections on the fifth day, which is usual considering its being a weekday. The film managed to earn ₹7.30 crore on Tuesday, taking its domestic five earnings to ₹77.48 crore.
The political drama is holding a strong position at collection centers during weekdays. The current pace at the box office run suggests that the film would not cross the ₹100-crore mark in its first week in India.
The seven-day total of "Jai Ho" should rest with ₹90 crore as Wednesday and Thursday should add over ₹12 crore in the first week earnings.
The second weekend is particularly vital for a film's business. "Jai Ho" should set with the lifetime income of ₹140 crore.
This Friday's release "One By Two" is not expected to affect the business of "Jai Ho". So the total collections of second Friday and Saturday will determine the fate of the film in week two.
At this point, "Jai Ho" is following the trend of Salman's 2011 film "Ready" at the box office. If its second weekend collections are high, "Jai Ho" will race past the business of Ready".
Meanwhile, the nett earnings of the film have touched the ₹100-crore mark at the worldwide box office. The opening weekend overseas total is ₹22.38 crore, while five-day total in India is ₹77.48 crore.
"#JaiHo Wknd 60.68 cr, Mon 9.50 cr, Tue 7.30 cr. Total: ₹ 77.48 cr nett. India biz only. #JaiHo has fared exceptionally well in UAE-GCC, Pakistan and USA-Canada mainly. Opening weekend total: approx $ 3.55 million [₹ 22.38 cr]," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film directed by Sohail Khan also features Tabu, Daisy Shah, Danny Denzongpa and Suniel Shetty in important roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report