Singer Raageshwari Marries London Barrister Sudhanshu Swaroop [PHOTOS]
By Arijita Bhowmik | January 29, 2014 9:01 PM EST
The 36-year-old singer married her partner Sudhanshu Swaroop in a lavish ceremony that took place in a five-star hotel in Parel, Mumbai.
Among the celebrities who attended the event were Pooja Bedi, Kabir Bedi, Raju Hirani, Juhi Chawla, Aftab Shivdasani, Madhoo and several others.
Pooja Bedi posted photos of the wedding on her Twitter account. The bride looked resplendent in a Neeta Lulla creation.
Raageshwari, who had a stint as a video jockey for Channel V and MTV, earlier revealed to DNA that hers was an arranged-cum-love marriage. The couple was introduced to each other by parents and friends.
Raageshwari is expected to shift her base to London. "Shifting to London has also been a very tough decision - it still is! My parents are my twin-souls. But its only his work as a human rights Barrister that made me take the plunge. The fact that he cares for people and wants to make this world a better place makes me deeply happy," she said, according to DNA.
Apart from her singing career, Raageshwari also starred in films such as "Aankhen" (1993) and "Main Khiladi Tu Aanari" (1994). She was also a contestant on the fifth season of reality show "Bigg Boss".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Apatosaurus, Triceratops And T-Rex Revealed
- New Couple Alert: Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder; 'The Vampire Diaries' Actress 'Hooking Up' With Co-Star Chris Wood—Report
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results: Find Out Who Could Be The Winner—Predictions Based on iTunes Chart Rankings
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’ Director Says Yondu Is A ‘Big Softie’ When It Comes To Peter Quill
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner Predictions: Find Out Who Among Matt, Craig, Damien And Chris Has The Best Odds To Win