Maruti Suzuki YL1 Sedan to Be Named Ciaz in India; Likely to Replace SX4
By greeshma m | January 29, 2014 8:52 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's all new sedan codenamed YL1 is likely to be called Ciaz in India.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Pictures Surface Again Ahead of Speculated Launch
The YL1 sedan which has been spied testing in the country for quite some time now is expected to make its debut in the sub-continent at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014. Maruti, the frontrunner in the small car segment seems to be working hard to capture the big car segment in the country in coming years.
Maruti is likely to replace its underperforming SX4 sedan in the country with the upcoming Ciaz aka YL1 sedan, reported the financial Times. The Ciaz is likely to take on Verna Fluidic and Vento in the country and is believed to fall in the sub ₹10 lakh price bracket.
"The Ciaz is expected to be launched around the festive season this year. The company is targeting initial volumes of about 50,000 a year with exports," FE quoted an industry source.
Earlier reports had suggested that YL1 sedan would be based on a new platform and the design of the car would resemble Suzuki Authentics concept car, which was shown at the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show.
The Ciaz is likely to pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel or 1.4 liter K Series petrol engine of Ertiga. Under the hood, it is expected to carry over some of the features of SX4 and Ertiga. Other stipulated features of the car include, 16-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats. The YL1 is also expected to host a number of safety features, like Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD).
Apart from YL1 sedan, Maruti's long speculated Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) XA Alpha is also expected to join the arena of 2014 Auto Expo. The vehicle which first made its appearance at Auto Expo 2012 as a concept model, is expected to make its debut at the same show this year. Other attractions of the company will include Maruti Celerio, India's first car with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon