Maruti Suzuki YL1 Sedan to Be Named Ciaz in India; Likely to Replace SX4
By greeshma m | January 29, 2014 8:52 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's all new sedan codenamed YL1 is likely to be called Ciaz in India.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Pictures Surface Again Ahead of Speculated Launch
The YL1 sedan which has been spied testing in the country for quite some time now is expected to make its debut in the sub-continent at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014. Maruti, the frontrunner in the small car segment seems to be working hard to capture the big car segment in the country in coming years.
Maruti is likely to replace its underperforming SX4 sedan in the country with the upcoming Ciaz aka YL1 sedan, reported the financial Times. The Ciaz is likely to take on Verna Fluidic and Vento in the country and is believed to fall in the sub ₹10 lakh price bracket.
"The Ciaz is expected to be launched around the festive season this year. The company is targeting initial volumes of about 50,000 a year with exports," FE quoted an industry source.
Earlier reports had suggested that YL1 sedan would be based on a new platform and the design of the car would resemble Suzuki Authentics concept car, which was shown at the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show.
The Ciaz is likely to pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel or 1.4 liter K Series petrol engine of Ertiga. Under the hood, it is expected to carry over some of the features of SX4 and Ertiga. Other stipulated features of the car include, 16-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats. The YL1 is also expected to host a number of safety features, like Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD).
Apart from YL1 sedan, Maruti's long speculated Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) XA Alpha is also expected to join the arena of 2014 Auto Expo. The vehicle which first made its appearance at Auto Expo 2012 as a concept model, is expected to make its debut at the same show this year. Other attractions of the company will include Maruti Celerio, India's first car with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’