Galaxy S4, Note 2, Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Update Breakdown, Problems, Upgrade 2014
By Vanessa Francisco | January 29, 2014 7:58 PM EST
The month of January is coming to an end it is time to check the progress of Samsung and its carriers for the Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean updates. With updates appearing to be winding down, here is a look at how the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update goes out for Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 2 owners.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 update is mostly completed. There are some stragglers still on Android 4.2, though. Telstra Australia Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update is one of the few remaining ones but has already landed a couple of days ago. Australian carrier Optus states that its Galaxy S4 4G Plus Android 4.3 update is now ready and the update can be expected to be available in the next few weeks. This is the only remaining Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update.
Meanwhile, the Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update is still rolling out to owners. The update recently landed for owners in Thailand, Romania, Spain and Germany. In Romania, Orange users have received the update while Yoigo users in Spain and 1&1 users in Germany received theirs. These updates are available now.
French carrier SFR has announced a deadline of January or February for the Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update and it hasn't been changed. Australian carrier Optus announced that it expects to roll out the update in February but it does not say a specific date for the update release. Optus notes that this deadline is for both 3G and 4G variants of the Galaxy S3.
An interesting development at Telstra Australia is its recent roll out of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean to the Galaxy S3 but it has not confirmed its update arrival and still not clear if it will. If it doesn't roll out Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, it will likely be one of the few carriers that choose to pass on this major update.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update continues to arrive to users. The long delayed Telstra update has reportedly deployed ahead of its target release date. French carrier SFR still says January or February for its delayed Galaxy Note 2 LTE Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update while Australian carrier Optus says it will arrive in the next few weeks. Australian carrier Vodafone also confirmed that the Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 update has just passed its testing and awaiting an FOTA roll out date. It is one of the few remaining Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean updates.
Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 2 owners also report problems on the actual software. Issues range from battery issues to lag to crashes. Next for the Galaxy S4 is the Android 4.4 KitKat update which might roll out in March or April. It can fix some bugs and makes small changes to the UI with smaller and useful features as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans