'Project Runway' Season 13 Replaced by 'Under the Gunn?' Tim Gunn Explains How He Will Make it Work [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | January 29, 2014 7:41 PM EST
Fans of "Project Runway" are a bit confused because whenever they search for updates about the reality show's Season 13 on the Internet including its social media Web sites (Twitter, Facebook etc.), all they see is Tim Gunn's new show titled "Under the Gunn." Does this mean it's the end of "Project Runway?" Has the beloved reality competition hosted by Heidi Klum been replaced by "Under the Gunn?" Read on as Tim Gunn explains how he will make it work.
According to Zap 2 it's TV by the Numbers, "Under the Gunn" is a 13-episode series hosted by Tim Gunn, who is the mentor of the fashion designers in "Project Runway." It's not a replacement for "Project Runway" that's why fans can now breathe a sigh of relief. It's just a spin-off of the show featuring outstanding "Project Runway" alumni Mondo Guerra (Season 8 runner-up and All-Stars winner), Nick Verreos (Season 2 contestant) and Anya Ayoung-Chee (Season 9 winner) who are tasked to coach, manage and direct the 15 designers who are competing to win.
Prizes for the winner of the "Under the Gunn" competition include a $100,000 cash prize, an all-expense paid trip to Paris, a sewing and embroidery studio from Brother Industries, a 2014 Lexus CT 200h, Blowpro styling products and a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine. The "Under the Gunn" winner will also get a chance to design a collection that will be sold exclusively at francesca's as well as design a uniform for Benefit Cosmetics!
Mentors Guerra, Verreos and Ayoung-Chee will also get a chance to win if the designer they are coaching wins. Prizes for "Under the Gunn" mentors include a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine and a spot as guest editor for one year. They will also get a 2014 Lexus CT 200h.
Actually, the designers who will compete in "Under the Gunn" originally auditioned for "Project Runway" Season 13. But, it turns out that supermodel host Heidi Klum's schedule was too full because she was also taping "Germany's Next Top Model."
Gunn and Heidi reportedly have a pact that they wouldn't do "Project Runway" without each other that's why a new show was made with Gunn at the helm. However, Gunn admitted that he misses working with Heidi. He also talked about the difference of being a mentor in "Project Runway" and a host in "Under the Gunn."
"I'm not as emotionally tied," said Gunn in a report by Huffington Post.
"I had to practice a great deal of self-discipline, because I was so tempted so many times to want to approach a designer on my own and query about what is going on here and why are you have so much difficulty," he added.
Being a host is nothing new for Gunn who previously hosted his own show in 2007 titled "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style."
That's why "Project Runway" fans should watch "Under the Gunn" while waiting for Season 13 of the reality competition series hosted by Heidi Klum. Surely Tim Gunn will do just fine without Heidi for now. After all, he does have a lot of experience in fashion, mentoring and hosting and he has what it takes to make it work.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around