'Doctor Who' Series 8 Spoilers: First Look at Peter Capaldi's Doctor Who Revealed; Airdate Speculations
By jaskiran kaur | January 29, 2014 7:11 PM EST
Ever since Matt Smith's Doctor Who regenerated into Peter Capaldi's Twelfth Time Lord, fans are wondering what the new Doctor will be like. While fans must wait to see the newest doctor in his full-fledged action hero role, the show makers have revealed his first look. Also, wide speculations about the airdate are being made ever since it was reported that the filming of
"Doctor Who" Series 8 has commenced.
'Doctor Who' Series 8 Spoilers: First Look at Peter Capaldi's Doctor and More Spoilers
According to the recent reports about the upcoming "Doctor Who" Series 8, BBC has just revealed the first look of Peter Capldi in his Doctor Who avatar.
The press release by BBC states that this costume will "define his time as the Twelfth Time Lord" claiming his role to be one of "TV's biggest roles."
Peter Capaldi has donned a deep blue "Crombie coat" which shows of the red lining. He has teamed it up with a same color waistcoat and trousers and a white shirt. Costume designer Howard Burden completed his look by pairing up with black Dr. Marten shoes.
Remarking on his costume as Doctor Who, Peter Capaldi said that his Doctor has "woven the future from cloth of the past." His costume has been kept simple and basic without any scarf and frills. According to Peter Capaldi it is "no messing, just 100 percent Rebel Time Lord."
Peter Capaldi who would be leading the "Doctor Who" series 8, was introduced to the audience in "Doctor Who" Christmas Special Episode titled "Time of the Doctor."
Recently more spoilers surfaced of the newest Doctor and the upcoming "Doctor Who" Series 8. According to the reports, Peter Capaldi in his recent interview with Doctor Who magazine revealed that his doctor will mean only business and should not be considered as "boyfriend material."
As reported by BBCAmerica.com, he revealed that it is not the age gap between them that does not make him boyfriend material for her, but he is not a "nice," "safe" and "romantic travelling companion," kinds.
Peter Capaldi describes him as "much older, fiercer, madder, less reliable Doctor who leads her a merry dance."
'Doctor Who' Series 8 Airdate
According to the reports, Peter Capaldi will commence his adventure as the twelfth Time Lord in series 8. It is expected to air in autumn, 2014. Speculations by various media outlets have revealed that the show is scheduled to air in Sept. 2014. Reportedly, "Doctor Who" will broadcast 13 episodes in its upcoming series on its original channel BBC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown