Mercedes Benz C-Class Grand Edition Launched for ₹36.81 Lakh
By greeshma m | January 29, 2014 6:51 PM EST
German luxury car maker Mercedes Benz India on Tuesday launched its all new C-class Grand Edition in the country to mark the 50,000th roll out of the car from the company's Chakan plant in Pune.
A worker removes fingerprints from the 2013 Mercedes Benz SL on the first press preview day at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michiganon the first press preview day in Detroit, Michigan, January 9, 2012.
The all new C-class Grand Edition will be available in the domestic market in both petrol and diesel variants. While the petrol variant is priced ₹36.81 lakh, the diesel variant goes for ₹39.16 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai). The vehicle comes with brushed aluminum trim inside, AMG styling kit, 17-inch alloys with AMG hub caps and radiator grille.
Under the hood, the diesel variant of the car packs a 2.2 liter, 2,143cc turbo-diesel engine which can deliver a power of 170 PS and a torque of 400Nm. The petrol model comes with the 1,796cc four-cylinder which can churn out a power of 186 PS and 285 Nm torque. Both are mated to a 7-speed automatic gearbox and come paires with Eco Start stop.
Speaking on the occasion, Eberhard Kern, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, "Touching the 50,000 cars landmark marks the beginning of a next growth chapter for Mercedes-Benz in India. With our customer centric focus specifically in line of products, network, aftersales and unique brand experiences have played a significant role in our success. The outstanding acceptance of all our products is a testimony to the success of that approach. I would like to thank our customers and congratulate the passionate team at Mercedes-Benz India on this achievement. We are committed to the India story and the market potential and will continue to increase our investments in our facility and infrastructure."
Currently, Mercedes Benz's Chakan plant unit rolls out C, E, S, ML and GL class models. The plant has a capacity to churn out 10,000 vehicles a year .The company is also planning for the local assembly of its new S Class model in the coming months.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports