Mercedes Benz C-Class Grand Edition Launched for ₹36.81 Lakh
By greeshma m | January 29, 2014 6:51 PM EST
German luxury car maker Mercedes Benz India on Tuesday launched its all new C-class Grand Edition in the country to mark the 50,000th roll out of the car from the company's Chakan plant in Pune.
A worker removes fingerprints from the 2013 Mercedes Benz SL on the first press preview day at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michiganon the first press preview day in Detroit, Michigan, January 9, 2012.
The all new C-class Grand Edition will be available in the domestic market in both petrol and diesel variants. While the petrol variant is priced ₹36.81 lakh, the diesel variant goes for ₹39.16 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai). The vehicle comes with brushed aluminum trim inside, AMG styling kit, 17-inch alloys with AMG hub caps and radiator grille.
Under the hood, the diesel variant of the car packs a 2.2 liter, 2,143cc turbo-diesel engine which can deliver a power of 170 PS and a torque of 400Nm. The petrol model comes with the 1,796cc four-cylinder which can churn out a power of 186 PS and 285 Nm torque. Both are mated to a 7-speed automatic gearbox and come paires with Eco Start stop.
Speaking on the occasion, Eberhard Kern, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, "Touching the 50,000 cars landmark marks the beginning of a next growth chapter for Mercedes-Benz in India. With our customer centric focus specifically in line of products, network, aftersales and unique brand experiences have played a significant role in our success. The outstanding acceptance of all our products is a testimony to the success of that approach. I would like to thank our customers and congratulate the passionate team at Mercedes-Benz India on this achievement. We are committed to the India story and the market potential and will continue to increase our investments in our facility and infrastructure."
Currently, Mercedes Benz's Chakan plant unit rolls out C, E, S, ML and GL class models. The plant has a capacity to churn out 10,000 vehicles a year .The company is also planning for the local assembly of its new S Class model in the coming months.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected