Mercedes Benz C-Class Grand Edition Launched for ₹36.81 Lakh
By greeshma m | January 29, 2014 6:51 PM EST
German luxury car maker Mercedes Benz India on Tuesday launched its all new C-class Grand Edition in the country to mark the 50,000th roll out of the car from the company's Chakan plant in Pune.
A worker removes fingerprints from the 2013 Mercedes Benz SL on the first press preview day at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michiganon the first press preview day in Detroit, Michigan, January 9, 2012.
The all new C-class Grand Edition will be available in the domestic market in both petrol and diesel variants. While the petrol variant is priced ₹36.81 lakh, the diesel variant goes for ₹39.16 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai). The vehicle comes with brushed aluminum trim inside, AMG styling kit, 17-inch alloys with AMG hub caps and radiator grille.
Under the hood, the diesel variant of the car packs a 2.2 liter, 2,143cc turbo-diesel engine which can deliver a power of 170 PS and a torque of 400Nm. The petrol model comes with the 1,796cc four-cylinder which can churn out a power of 186 PS and 285 Nm torque. Both are mated to a 7-speed automatic gearbox and come paires with Eco Start stop.
Speaking on the occasion, Eberhard Kern, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, "Touching the 50,000 cars landmark marks the beginning of a next growth chapter for Mercedes-Benz in India. With our customer centric focus specifically in line of products, network, aftersales and unique brand experiences have played a significant role in our success. The outstanding acceptance of all our products is a testimony to the success of that approach. I would like to thank our customers and congratulate the passionate team at Mercedes-Benz India on this achievement. We are committed to the India story and the market potential and will continue to increase our investments in our facility and infrastructure."
Currently, Mercedes Benz's Chakan plant unit rolls out C, E, S, ML and GL class models. The plant has a capacity to churn out 10,000 vehicles a year .The company is also planning for the local assembly of its new S Class model in the coming months.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28