Galaxy S5 Release Date Coming Soon as it's Reportedly Spotted Ahead of Launch
By Karla Danica Figuerres | January 29, 2014 6:50 PM EST
The Galaxy S5 has reportedly been spotted ahead of launch. It appears that another model number of the Galaxy S5 has been discovered in Indonesia through a certification.
Rumours on the Galaxy S5 have been floating in the Internet for weeks now. Even the potential release date of the much anticipated Galaxy S5 has been reported with its screen, camera, processor and software.
After the SM-G900A, SM-G900F and SM-G900S, a fourth variant was discovered. Leaks reveal that the Galaxy S5 with the model number SM-G900 still has not been confirmed by Samsung as an official Galaxy S5 variant. In spite of the lack of confirmation, it is feasible that the SM-G900 series is attached to the Galaxy S5.
Recently, we have seen a number of SM-G900 variants including the SM-G900A which was thought to be an AT&T variant of the Galaxy S5. Other models include the SM-G900F and SM-G900S. The "F" series is rumoured to be the premium Galaxy S5 model.
Rumours suggest that these different variants of the SM-G900 are the same devices that are just adjusted to local GSM capabilities.
According to SammyToday, the Galaxy S5 has been spotted again from a certification filed in Indonesia by Postel. The certification for the SM-G900H is also reported to head to other Asian countries. In fact, the SM-G900H has been reported to be manufactured in three different locations namely Vietnam, China and South Korea and all three variants were submitted for certification as well.
At this point, there is no way to validate this information but with all the rumours about these model numbers, it is clear that the SM-G900 is a wide sweeping device with a possible global launch.
The Galaxy S5 is rumoured to sport 16MP sensor rear camera, fingerprint sensor, Android 4.4 KitKat OS, brand new UI and high resolution QHD display. But then again, thus far, there is no way to verify these pieces of information, as such. So, we must take it with a pinch of salt and wait until the Galaxy S5 launch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family