GTA 5 PC Release Date, Download & Requirements: Rumors Continue About a 32 Player Windows Game
By Vanessa Francisco | January 29, 2014 6:27 PM EST
Rockstar Games remains silent about the GTA 5 PC version. The company is yet to make official announcements with regard to the widely popular Grand Theft Auto 5 game on the said platform but according to speculations, the game will not only be released, it could also come in 2014 as developers are already at the configuring stage of the gameplay.
Adding more credibility to the reports, a GTA forum member named "funmw2" has claimed to know more information about the plans for GTA 5 PC. The user wrote: "PC version of GTA Online will support 32 max players." Along with that statement, he also listed a link to a forum set up on Pastebin.com entitled "GTA V Scripts / Sources for PS3 MODZ v1." A script posted read: "HUD_COLOUR_NET_PLAYER1," all the way to "HUD_COLOUR_NET_PLAYER32."
The rumours about a 32 player version of GTA 5 have already emerged months ago when there were people who speculated that the upcoming GTA 5 PC version was being designed to support 32 players at the same time.
Rumours about the GTA V for PC hit a new high in the week of Jan. 20 when Amazon France listed GTA 5 for PC on its Web site. This led a lot of reports to swirl across the Internet worldwide but only a few hours after its initial listing, the post was removed and taken back down.
This temporary listing has certainly sparked renewed interest in the new version of GTA 5, which broke gaming sales records in 2013. The posting removed the little doubt from people's minds that the GTA 5 on PC is definitely in its development stage. It appears to be only a matter of time before Rockstar Games makes an official statement to confirm what most players have been waiting for in months.
Amazon Germany has also listed a Grand Theft Auto V PC product on its Web site and it has remained up. The product description reads that the game will be compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7 but no minimum system requirements were listed. The Web site lists a price for the game at 60 euros or 80 USD. There have also been rumours that the GTA V PC version could be launched as early as Mar. 19, 2014 but more recent reports suggest a later date. Some reports stay GTA 5 will come even before people see it on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Better Market Your Uranium Someplace Else, Japan Appetite No Longer Huge as Before – Former PM Tells Australia Queensland Premier Campbell Newman