'Man of Steel 2' Filming Set to Begin Immediately? Ben Affleck Share Insights on Being Batman in the Movie Sequel
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 29, 2014 5:16 PM EST
The upcoming film "Man of Steel 2" or also known as the "Batman vs. Superman" movie is reported to begin filming production immediately despite the circulating reports regarding its release date delay. Actor Ben Affleck has shared his insights on portraying the superhero character and teased the fans on what they can expect in the movie sequel with his co-star Henry Cavill reprising the role of Superman.
Ben and Jen were engaged after nine months of dating. The “Daredevil” co-stars are now proud parents to Violet, 7, and Seraphina, 3, with a third on the way. “We both know we couldn’t do what we do without each other . . . Ben always says, ‘If you love it, we can make it happen,’” Garner told In Style in December 2011. “Honestly, I would do anything for that man, because I know it’s not taken for granted.”
'How I Met Your Mother' Season 9 Spoilers: Synopsis For Episode 17 'Sunrise' Reveals Robin and Ted Will Recall Their Past Relationships
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Sam and Dean Winchester Go Undercover at a Spa, Synopsis for Episode 13 'The Purge' Released
Warner Bros. confirmed the involvement of actor Ben Affleck in their upcoming "Superman" movie project which immediately put a stop to the numerous speculations on who could portray the black-caped superhero. In the Iamrogue.com report, Mr Affleck recounted that he initially did not see himself portraying the role when the studio asked him to become Batman on the big screen.
However, the 41-year-old actor changed his mind when he was able to see the incredible stuff that writer-director Zack Snyder was doing for the him as well as the different approach to the rebooted character. "It was a unique take on Batman that was still consistent with the mythology. It made me excited. All of a sudden I had a reading of the character. When people see it, it will make more sense than it does now or even than it did to me initially," shared Mr Affleck.
The "Argo" actor further added that becoming the new Batman with the unique take on the character will differentiate him from the Batman that actor Christian Bale and director Christopher Nolan filmed. "It will be an older and wiser version, particularly as he relates to Henry Cavill's Superman character," stated Ben.
As for the negative reaction on his "Man of Steel 2" casting, Ben Affleck admitted that he expected that kind of reaction after Warner Bros. warned him about how it tends to initially play out. "Warner Bros. told me, 'You should know what you're getting into.' They showed me the reactions to other folks who had been cast in these roles," revealed the actor.
Ben Affleck further commented with a laugh that if he knew about the end result as "another Daredevil," he would be out there protesting himself. "Why would I make the movie if I didn't think it was going to be good and that I could be good in it?" expressed the actor.
Now that Ben Affleck dropped the directorial role in the pilot for Fox's "The Middle Man," the Enstars report claims the filming production schedule for "Man of Steel 2" is expected to kick off in Michigan. The movie sequel is scheduled to be released in theaters on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: 'Intelligence' Actor Josh Holloway Reacts to Aquaman Reports - [READ]
Man of Steel 2 Casting Rumours: Lost Actor Josh Holloway Considered to Portray Aquaman? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report