'Man of Steel 2' Filming Set to Begin Immediately? Ben Affleck Share Insights on Being Batman in the Movie Sequel
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 29, 2014 5:16 PM EST
The upcoming film "Man of Steel 2" or also known as the "Batman vs. Superman" movie is reported to begin filming production immediately despite the circulating reports regarding its release date delay. Actor Ben Affleck has shared his insights on portraying the superhero character and teased the fans on what they can expect in the movie sequel with his co-star Henry Cavill reprising the role of Superman.
Ben and Jen were engaged after nine months of dating. The “Daredevil” co-stars are now proud parents to Violet, 7, and Seraphina, 3, with a third on the way. “We both know we couldn’t do what we do without each other . . . Ben always says, ‘If you love it, we can make it happen,’” Garner told In Style in December 2011. “Honestly, I would do anything for that man, because I know it’s not taken for granted.”
'How I Met Your Mother' Season 9 Spoilers: Synopsis For Episode 17 'Sunrise' Reveals Robin and Ted Will Recall Their Past Relationships
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Sam and Dean Winchester Go Undercover at a Spa, Synopsis for Episode 13 'The Purge' Released
Warner Bros. confirmed the involvement of actor Ben Affleck in their upcoming "Superman" movie project which immediately put a stop to the numerous speculations on who could portray the black-caped superhero. In the Iamrogue.com report, Mr Affleck recounted that he initially did not see himself portraying the role when the studio asked him to become Batman on the big screen.
However, the 41-year-old actor changed his mind when he was able to see the incredible stuff that writer-director Zack Snyder was doing for the him as well as the different approach to the rebooted character. "It was a unique take on Batman that was still consistent with the mythology. It made me excited. All of a sudden I had a reading of the character. When people see it, it will make more sense than it does now or even than it did to me initially," shared Mr Affleck.
The "Argo" actor further added that becoming the new Batman with the unique take on the character will differentiate him from the Batman that actor Christian Bale and director Christopher Nolan filmed. "It will be an older and wiser version, particularly as he relates to Henry Cavill's Superman character," stated Ben.
As for the negative reaction on his "Man of Steel 2" casting, Ben Affleck admitted that he expected that kind of reaction after Warner Bros. warned him about how it tends to initially play out. "Warner Bros. told me, 'You should know what you're getting into.' They showed me the reactions to other folks who had been cast in these roles," revealed the actor.
Ben Affleck further commented with a laugh that if he knew about the end result as "another Daredevil," he would be out there protesting himself. "Why would I make the movie if I didn't think it was going to be good and that I could be good in it?" expressed the actor.
Now that Ben Affleck dropped the directorial role in the pilot for Fox's "The Middle Man," the Enstars report claims the filming production schedule for "Man of Steel 2" is expected to kick off in Michigan. The movie sequel is scheduled to be released in theaters on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: 'Intelligence' Actor Josh Holloway Reacts to Aquaman Reports - [READ]
Man of Steel 2 Casting Rumours: Lost Actor Josh Holloway Considered to Portray Aquaman? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date