‘24: Live Another Day’ Updates: British Actor Stephen Fry as Prime Minister
By Riza Ornos | January 29, 2014 5:15 PM EST
Popular British actor and comedian Stephen Fry is the new addition to the upcoming "24" series "Live Another Day's" stellar cast as he plays the British Prime Minister. Fry will star alongside "24's" leading star Kiefer Sutherland as the actor reprises his role as counter-terrorist agent Jack Bauer.
The 56-year-old comedian confirmed his casting in a tweet after reading an article on Hollywood insider Web site, Deadline. Fry's tweet reads "Well, this particular cat is out of the bag." He will be playing a recurring role as British Prime Minister Trevor Davies, a "strong and charismatic leader" as described by the BBC online report.
The 12-part series will feature Fry's character struggling from "personal and political crises" due to a strained relationship with President James Heller, played by William Devane. The new season of "24" will continue four year after the last season's finale. Now is Jack is in London running from CIA who is tasked to capture.
"24: Live Another Day" Updates
Fully immersed into the Jack Bauer character, Sutherland is back filming the new "24" series in London with a new series regular "Chuck" star Yvonne Strahovski. Back in his own element, the 47-year-old actor is looking dapper and sexy as he tries to talk to his unknown assailant.
Now a fugitive on the run, Jack is now being chased by CIA operatives and other unknown enemies. It seems that Jack has no plans to turn himself in but in the end he got himself shot by an unknown shooter.
"I'm terrified. I won't lie to you," says Keifer when asked about filming his new series. "Until we start shooting, I'm about as anxious and wound up as I've been in a long time."
When asked about the upcoming "24" movie, he said: "The film is an ongoing situation. There's always an opportunity to do that. Howard [Gordon] came up with an idea for a 12-episode run at this, and it was the opportunity that presented itself to us first."
The actor revealed that having the "24" movie is a fantastic idea. "It's something that we're very excited about doing, and it's something that we're really primarily focused on. So, if this ends up rebooting the show or causing a film to be made, so be it," says the "24: Live Another Day" actor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy