‘24: Live Another Day’ Updates: British Actor Stephen Fry as Prime Minister
By Riza Ornos | January 29, 2014 5:15 PM EST
Popular British actor and comedian Stephen Fry is the new addition to the upcoming "24" series "Live Another Day's" stellar cast as he plays the British Prime Minister. Fry will star alongside "24's" leading star Kiefer Sutherland as the actor reprises his role as counter-terrorist agent Jack Bauer.
The 56-year-old comedian confirmed his casting in a tweet after reading an article on Hollywood insider Web site, Deadline. Fry's tweet reads "Well, this particular cat is out of the bag." He will be playing a recurring role as British Prime Minister Trevor Davies, a "strong and charismatic leader" as described by the BBC online report.
The 12-part series will feature Fry's character struggling from "personal and political crises" due to a strained relationship with President James Heller, played by William Devane. The new season of "24" will continue four year after the last season's finale. Now is Jack is in London running from CIA who is tasked to capture.
"24: Live Another Day" Updates
Fully immersed into the Jack Bauer character, Sutherland is back filming the new "24" series in London with a new series regular "Chuck" star Yvonne Strahovski. Back in his own element, the 47-year-old actor is looking dapper and sexy as he tries to talk to his unknown assailant.
Now a fugitive on the run, Jack is now being chased by CIA operatives and other unknown enemies. It seems that Jack has no plans to turn himself in but in the end he got himself shot by an unknown shooter.
"I'm terrified. I won't lie to you," says Keifer when asked about filming his new series. "Until we start shooting, I'm about as anxious and wound up as I've been in a long time."
When asked about the upcoming "24" movie, he said: "The film is an ongoing situation. There's always an opportunity to do that. Howard [Gordon] came up with an idea for a 12-episode run at this, and it was the opportunity that presented itself to us first."
The actor revealed that having the "24" movie is a fantastic idea. "It's something that we're very excited about doing, and it's something that we're really primarily focused on. So, if this ends up rebooting the show or causing a film to be made, so be it," says the "24: Live Another Day" actor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date