‘24: Live Another Day’ Updates: British Actor Stephen Fry as Prime Minister
By Riza Ornos | January 29, 2014 5:15 PM EST
Popular British actor and comedian Stephen Fry is the new addition to the upcoming "24" series "Live Another Day's" stellar cast as he plays the British Prime Minister. Fry will star alongside "24's" leading star Kiefer Sutherland as the actor reprises his role as counter-terrorist agent Jack Bauer.
The 56-year-old comedian confirmed his casting in a tweet after reading an article on Hollywood insider Web site, Deadline. Fry's tweet reads "Well, this particular cat is out of the bag." He will be playing a recurring role as British Prime Minister Trevor Davies, a "strong and charismatic leader" as described by the BBC online report.
The 12-part series will feature Fry's character struggling from "personal and political crises" due to a strained relationship with President James Heller, played by William Devane. The new season of "24" will continue four year after the last season's finale. Now is Jack is in London running from CIA who is tasked to capture.
"24: Live Another Day" Updates
Fully immersed into the Jack Bauer character, Sutherland is back filming the new "24" series in London with a new series regular "Chuck" star Yvonne Strahovski. Back in his own element, the 47-year-old actor is looking dapper and sexy as he tries to talk to his unknown assailant.
Now a fugitive on the run, Jack is now being chased by CIA operatives and other unknown enemies. It seems that Jack has no plans to turn himself in but in the end he got himself shot by an unknown shooter.
"I'm terrified. I won't lie to you," says Keifer when asked about filming his new series. "Until we start shooting, I'm about as anxious and wound up as I've been in a long time."
When asked about the upcoming "24" movie, he said: "The film is an ongoing situation. There's always an opportunity to do that. Howard [Gordon] came up with an idea for a 12-episode run at this, and it was the opportunity that presented itself to us first."
The actor revealed that having the "24" movie is a fantastic idea. "It's something that we're very excited about doing, and it's something that we're really primarily focused on. So, if this ends up rebooting the show or causing a film to be made, so be it," says the "24: Live Another Day" actor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]