‘24: Live Another Day’ Updates: British Actor Stephen Fry as Prime Minister
By Riza Ornos | January 29, 2014 5:15 PM EST
Popular British actor and comedian Stephen Fry is the new addition to the upcoming "24" series "Live Another Day's" stellar cast as he plays the British Prime Minister. Fry will star alongside "24's" leading star Kiefer Sutherland as the actor reprises his role as counter-terrorist agent Jack Bauer.
The 56-year-old comedian confirmed his casting in a tweet after reading an article on Hollywood insider Web site, Deadline. Fry's tweet reads "Well, this particular cat is out of the bag." He will be playing a recurring role as British Prime Minister Trevor Davies, a "strong and charismatic leader" as described by the BBC online report.
The 12-part series will feature Fry's character struggling from "personal and political crises" due to a strained relationship with President James Heller, played by William Devane. The new season of "24" will continue four year after the last season's finale. Now is Jack is in London running from CIA who is tasked to capture.
"24: Live Another Day" Updates
Fully immersed into the Jack Bauer character, Sutherland is back filming the new "24" series in London with a new series regular "Chuck" star Yvonne Strahovski. Back in his own element, the 47-year-old actor is looking dapper and sexy as he tries to talk to his unknown assailant.
Now a fugitive on the run, Jack is now being chased by CIA operatives and other unknown enemies. It seems that Jack has no plans to turn himself in but in the end he got himself shot by an unknown shooter.
"I'm terrified. I won't lie to you," says Keifer when asked about filming his new series. "Until we start shooting, I'm about as anxious and wound up as I've been in a long time."
When asked about the upcoming "24" movie, he said: "The film is an ongoing situation. There's always an opportunity to do that. Howard [Gordon] came up with an idea for a 12-episode run at this, and it was the opportunity that presented itself to us first."
The actor revealed that having the "24" movie is a fantastic idea. "It's something that we're very excited about doing, and it's something that we're really primarily focused on. So, if this ends up rebooting the show or causing a film to be made, so be it," says the "24: Live Another Day" actor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build