Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Formally Offered £24.7m for Schalke Attacker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 29, 2014 5:13 PM EST
Arsenal have placed a formal and final bid of £24.7million for the services of Schalke attacker Julian Draxler, according to reports.
Arsenal are in pole position to land Schalke's Julian Draxler
Aside from the initial fee, the Gunners also stipulated that some add-ons are also to be included, should the Bundesliga outfit agree with the deal.
Draxler, who stands at 6'1, has the characteristics to be cast in the same mould as that of Arsenal legend Thierry Henry, according to Arsene Wenger.
Schalke offered the 20-year-old starlet to the Gunners last summer with an asking price of £37million - the player's release clause, but the north Londoners did not like the proposal.
Chelsea has been previously linked with Draxler, but their recent acquisition of Basel's Mohamed Salah - who essentially occupies the same position as that of the German international - puts the Gunners in pole position to land the Bundesliga talent and may consequently be for a lesser cost.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million