'Pokemon X and Y': Pokemon Bank No-Charge Trial Period Update
By Janice Somosot | January 29, 2014 4:55 PM EST
The "Pokemon X and Y" Pokemon Bank app was supposed to be released last Dec. 27, 2013, along with the Poke Transporter but it was postponed because of the high volume of traffic on the Nintendo Network service. Pokemon Bank allows players to deposit, store, and manage their Pokemon in private Boxes on the Internet. It is a paid service from Nintendo, with an annual charge of AU$6.50, NZ$8.50, $4.99 (US and Canada), £4.49 (UK), €4.99 (Europe), ¥500 (Japan), ₩5000 (South Korea), $40 (Hong Kong) and $150 (Taiwan) for usage. The good news is that players can try it first for a limited time without having to pay any fees. "Pokemon X and Y" players can take advantage of the no-charge trial period for the Pokemon Bank including the Poke Transporter app by downloading it between Dec, 27, 2013 and Jan. 31, 2014. By doing so, they will get a complimentary trial pass for 30 days. When the no-charge trial period is over, then the aforementioned charges will be applied.
Unfortunately, because of Nintendo's server issues, the no-charge trial period has been postponed as well. Some say that it will be extended up to February 2014, but Nintendo hasn't confirmed it yet. On Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, Nintendo of America announced on its official Twitter account that the Pokemon Bank and the Poke Transporter has been launched in some Asian countries including South Korea and Japan. This gave some Pokemon fans a glimmer of hope because it means that the launch of the Pokemon Bank in other regions, including North America and Europe, will not be far behind. This goes for the no-charge trial period as well which will take place once the Pokemon Bank goes live in the players' area. Nintendo of America also said that more information about the Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter will be released in the future.
Meanwhile, Nintendo of Europe apologised to the "Pokemon" fans for the delay and the inconvenience. They said that they will closely monitor the experiences of the players in the Asian countries where Pokemon Bank has been re-released as they prepare for the European release of the Pokemon Bank.
Check out Daan Koopman's (@NintenDaan) Twitter post about the Pokemon Bank:
Aaaaand I finally downloaded Pokemon Bank. The wait is over you guys! pic.twitter.com/6oEYXxEnVi
— Daan Koopman (@NintenDaan) January 22, 2014
Regarding the Pokemon Bank no-charge trial period, "Pokemon X and Y" players need to keep in mind that If the trial pass has already expired and they do not purchase a new pass for their Pokemon Bank, then they must withdraw the stored Pokemon immediately. If not, they might end up losing the Pokemon that is left in the Pokemon Bank Boxes. The remaining Pokemon stored in the Pokemon Bank can only be withdrawn for a set period of time, so players must hurry and withdraw all of their Pokemon as soon as they can. Or, they can purchase a new annual pass so they can continue using the Pokemon Bank.
No word yet on how long is this grace period of withdrawing Pokemon from the Pokemon Bank after the no-charge trial period is over.
Stay tuned for more "Pokemon X and Y" Pokemon Bank updates including its no-charge trial period as well as its release in other parts of the world including North America and Europe.
'Pokemon X and Y': Visit Friend Safari and Hall of Fame Friends to Find Pokemon with Hidden Abilities [WATCH VIDEOS] (Click here)
'Pokemon X and Y' Mega Evolution Update: How to Power Up the Mega Ring [WATCH VIDEO] (Click here)
'Pokemon X and Y': Battle with the Kalos Pokemon League Including the Elite Four and the Champion [WATCH VIDEO] (Click here)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’