Box Office: Vijay's 'Jilla', Ajith's 'Veeram' 17-Day Collections in Overseas Markets
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 29, 2014 4:45 PM EST
Vijay's "Jilla" and Ajith's "Veeram" have done fantastic business in the overseas markets. The films continue to be screened in a few theatres in the UK, Australia and Malaysia even in their third week.
Jilla Poster (Twitter/JithanRamesh)
"Jilla" has grossed £4,815 from five screens in its third weekend at the UK box office.
The Vijay starrer has minted a total of £243,029 (₹2.54 crore) in 17 days. On the other hand, "Veeram" earned £1,611 from three screens in its third weekend and its 17-day collections stand at £115,091 (₹1.20 crore), according to Bollywood Hungama.
"Jilla" leads over "Veeram" in the country, which is one of the key markets for Tamil films.
The collections of the Vijay and Ajith starrers might drop in the coming days as there a few big south films getting ready for release during this weekend.
"Jilla" is still being shown in one screen in Australia. The film has grossed a total of A$43,899 (₹24.06 lakh) in 17 days at the Australian box office.
Apparently, "Veeram" is not being screened any more in the country. However, the film's collections are much higher than "Jilla."
The Ajith starrer earned A$82,934 (₹44.94 lakh) in 10 days at the Australian box office. Even after completing the third weekend, the collections of "Jilla" are far from the 10-day earnings of "Veeram" in the country.
Both "Jilla" and "Veeram" continue to dominate the Malaysian box office.
"Jilla" grossed Malaysian Ringgit 44,855 from 20 screens in its third weekend in Malaysia. The film's 17-day collections amount to Malaysian Ringgit 903,799 (₹1.70 crore).
The third weekend collections of "Veeram" are higher than "Jilla". The Ajith starrer raked in Malaysian Ringgit 53,892 from 21 screens, but its 17-day collections are lower than "Jilla".
"Veeram" grossed Malaysian Ringgit 869,448 (₹1.63 crore) till the third Sunday (26 January) at the Malaysian box office.
Apart from overseas markets, "Jilla" and "Veeram" have performed exceptionally well in India. Both the action-packed entertainers have turned out to become hits despite strong competition at the box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier