Box Office: Vijay's 'Jilla', Ajith's 'Veeram' 17-Day Collections in Overseas Markets
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 29, 2014 4:45 PM EST
Vijay's "Jilla" and Ajith's "Veeram" have done fantastic business in the overseas markets. The films continue to be screened in a few theatres in the UK, Australia and Malaysia even in their third week.
Jilla Poster (Twitter/JithanRamesh)
"Jilla" has grossed £4,815 from five screens in its third weekend at the UK box office.
The Vijay starrer has minted a total of £243,029 (₹2.54 crore) in 17 days. On the other hand, "Veeram" earned £1,611 from three screens in its third weekend and its 17-day collections stand at £115,091 (₹1.20 crore), according to Bollywood Hungama.
"Jilla" leads over "Veeram" in the country, which is one of the key markets for Tamil films.
The collections of the Vijay and Ajith starrers might drop in the coming days as there a few big south films getting ready for release during this weekend.
"Jilla" is still being shown in one screen in Australia. The film has grossed a total of A$43,899 (₹24.06 lakh) in 17 days at the Australian box office.
Apparently, "Veeram" is not being screened any more in the country. However, the film's collections are much higher than "Jilla."
The Ajith starrer earned A$82,934 (₹44.94 lakh) in 10 days at the Australian box office. Even after completing the third weekend, the collections of "Jilla" are far from the 10-day earnings of "Veeram" in the country.
Both "Jilla" and "Veeram" continue to dominate the Malaysian box office.
"Jilla" grossed Malaysian Ringgit 44,855 from 20 screens in its third weekend in Malaysia. The film's 17-day collections amount to Malaysian Ringgit 903,799 (₹1.70 crore).
The third weekend collections of "Veeram" are higher than "Jilla". The Ajith starrer raked in Malaysian Ringgit 53,892 from 21 screens, but its 17-day collections are lower than "Jilla".
"Veeram" grossed Malaysian Ringgit 869,448 (₹1.63 crore) till the third Sunday (26 January) at the Malaysian box office.
Apart from overseas markets, "Jilla" and "Veeram" have performed exceptionally well in India. Both the action-packed entertainers have turned out to become hits despite strong competition at the box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Hints CW TV Series Could End With Season 6, Shares Latest Project on Instagram
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements