Box Office: Vijay's 'Jilla', Ajith's 'Veeram' 17-Day Collections in Overseas Markets
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 29, 2014 4:45 PM EST
Vijay's "Jilla" and Ajith's "Veeram" have done fantastic business in the overseas markets. The films continue to be screened in a few theatres in the UK, Australia and Malaysia even in their third week.
Jilla Poster (Twitter/JithanRamesh)
"Jilla" has grossed £4,815 from five screens in its third weekend at the UK box office.
The Vijay starrer has minted a total of £243,029 (₹2.54 crore) in 17 days. On the other hand, "Veeram" earned £1,611 from three screens in its third weekend and its 17-day collections stand at £115,091 (₹1.20 crore), according to Bollywood Hungama.
"Jilla" leads over "Veeram" in the country, which is one of the key markets for Tamil films.
The collections of the Vijay and Ajith starrers might drop in the coming days as there a few big south films getting ready for release during this weekend.
"Jilla" is still being shown in one screen in Australia. The film has grossed a total of A$43,899 (₹24.06 lakh) in 17 days at the Australian box office.
Apparently, "Veeram" is not being screened any more in the country. However, the film's collections are much higher than "Jilla."
The Ajith starrer earned A$82,934 (₹44.94 lakh) in 10 days at the Australian box office. Even after completing the third weekend, the collections of "Jilla" are far from the 10-day earnings of "Veeram" in the country.
Both "Jilla" and "Veeram" continue to dominate the Malaysian box office.
"Jilla" grossed Malaysian Ringgit 44,855 from 20 screens in its third weekend in Malaysia. The film's 17-day collections amount to Malaysian Ringgit 903,799 (₹1.70 crore).
The third weekend collections of "Veeram" are higher than "Jilla". The Ajith starrer raked in Malaysian Ringgit 53,892 from 21 screens, but its 17-day collections are lower than "Jilla".
"Veeram" grossed Malaysian Ringgit 869,448 (₹1.63 crore) till the third Sunday (26 January) at the Malaysian box office.
Apart from overseas markets, "Jilla" and "Veeram" have performed exceptionally well in India. Both the action-packed entertainers have turned out to become hits despite strong competition at the box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast