6 Top Things Hinted From Sony Official Android 4.4 KitKat For Xperia Z1, Z Ultra, Z, ZR/ZL, SP, T/TX And V
By Ryan Inoyori | January 29, 2014 4:43 PM EST
Sony has released a glimpse of what Xperia users may expect on the official Android 4.4 and 4.4.2 KitKat update coming to Xperia Z series, SP, T, TX and V this year. Most of these features are based on Xperia Sirius and Z1, including new camera modes, two UI and new battery managers.
Xperia Home UI
Sony Sirius user interface leaked featuring two types: Xperia and Simple home for those adapted and new users. Also, icons have changed inside and out, including the settings menu and battery icon. Sirius' new UI also allows personalization options for notifications and status bar icons at your heart's desire.
On Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Sony included Smart Social apps which include brand new UI and various selection of camera modes. Xperia Z1, Z Ultra Z and other members of Z series may receive some exclusive camera features from Sirius such as TimeShift video, Background defocus and more.
Small apps have been updated with new looks. Close All button becomes a native part of Recent Apps section and new features such as Smart Backlight controls which acts like Smart Stay of Samsung. Moreover, white balance app, smart call handling, double tap to wake up and answering machine may become a part of the Android 4.4.2 software update.
Better Sound Support
Xperia Sirius features new sound menu options with support for audio accessories and high resolution audio via USB. The upcoming smartphone also features S-Force audio engine on top of Clear Audio and xLOUD engines of most Xperia devices.
If you like personalization, you may combine the customization options in the notifications and status bars plus the My Xperia Themes and new wallpapers for more scheme design. As of now, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean only supports My Xperia Themes, no further customizations yet.
Improved Battery Management
Sony upgrades power management even further on Android KitKat based on Xperia Sirius. In addition to STAMINA mode, Low-battery mode and Location-based Wi-Fi, you'll get Queue background data which save battery life by sending background data at set intervals. In this way, whether connected to the Internet via mobile or Wi-Fi, you can control data syncing better to save more power.
Xperia Z series is expected to get Android KitKat this year while Xperia SP, T, TX and V may have to wait a little longer due to an upcoming Android 4.3 update rolling out from end of January to early February.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots