6 Top Things Hinted From Sony Official Android 4.4 KitKat For Xperia Z1, Z Ultra, Z, ZR/ZL, SP, T/TX And V
By Ryan Inoyori | January 29, 2014 4:43 PM EST
Sony has released a glimpse of what Xperia users may expect on the official Android 4.4 and 4.4.2 KitKat update coming to Xperia Z series, SP, T, TX and V this year. Most of these features are based on Xperia Sirius and Z1, including new camera modes, two UI and new battery managers.
Xperia Home UI
Sony Sirius user interface leaked featuring two types: Xperia and Simple home for those adapted and new users. Also, icons have changed inside and out, including the settings menu and battery icon. Sirius' new UI also allows personalization options for notifications and status bar icons at your heart's desire.
On Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Sony included Smart Social apps which include brand new UI and various selection of camera modes. Xperia Z1, Z Ultra Z and other members of Z series may receive some exclusive camera features from Sirius such as TimeShift video, Background defocus and more.
Small apps have been updated with new looks. Close All button becomes a native part of Recent Apps section and new features such as Smart Backlight controls which acts like Smart Stay of Samsung. Moreover, white balance app, smart call handling, double tap to wake up and answering machine may become a part of the Android 4.4.2 software update.
Better Sound Support
Xperia Sirius features new sound menu options with support for audio accessories and high resolution audio via USB. The upcoming smartphone also features S-Force audio engine on top of Clear Audio and xLOUD engines of most Xperia devices.
If you like personalization, you may combine the customization options in the notifications and status bars plus the My Xperia Themes and new wallpapers for more scheme design. As of now, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean only supports My Xperia Themes, no further customizations yet.
Improved Battery Management
Sony upgrades power management even further on Android KitKat based on Xperia Sirius. In addition to STAMINA mode, Low-battery mode and Location-based Wi-Fi, you'll get Queue background data which save battery life by sending background data at set intervals. In this way, whether connected to the Internet via mobile or Wi-Fi, you can control data syncing better to save more power.
Xperia Z series is expected to get Android KitKat this year while Xperia SP, T, TX and V may have to wait a little longer due to an upcoming Android 4.3 update rolling out from end of January to early February.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family