Watch: Scarlett Johansson's Sexy SodaStream Ad for Super Bowl Gets Banned and Then Becomes an Internet Sensation
By jaskiran kaur | January 29, 2014 4:38 PM EST
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" actress Scarlett Johansson's seductive SodaStream ad has become an internet sensation even before it was broadcast officially, as planned. The soda drinks manufacturer company was set to debut through this sexy Scarlett Johansson ad during the Super Bowl. But the ad has been banned from the much awaited sports event. Read on to find out why the channel banned the advert.
SodaStream is an Israeli company that manufactures products like home carbonation systems and flavourings. It assigned the American actress Scarlett Johansson as their global brand ambassador. It is said that the ad was set to debut on Feb 2, 2014 when the much anticipated sports event, Super Bowl, would begin. But Fox network decided to reject the ad and keep it away from its big debut.
According to the reports, Fox axed the ad from the popular NFL event not because it is too sexy but because of the brand's big competitors. The channel decided to ban Scarlett Johansson's commercial because it is "afraid of Coke and Pepsi," as per SodaStream CEO Daniel Birnbaum to USA Today.
The ad features actress Scarlett Johansson, who is preparing the drink and then wonders how to make the message go viral. In an attempt, she transforms into her sexy self and is shown sipping the soda drink seductively. And her closing line that appeared to have caused its ban is: "Sorry Coke and Pepsi."
The ad campaign is also surrounded by some criticism. Oxfam, an international welfare organisation of which Scarlett Johansson is an ambassador, issued a statement opposing "all trade from Israeli settlements, which are illegal under international law."
However, the ad, which will not be shown during the popular games event, has already become an internet sensation of sorts. It looks as though all it needed was rejection and some criticism to make its message go viral, as wished by Scarlett Johansson in the ad itself. The uncensored version of the ad that was published on Jan 27, 2014 on the video sharing Web site Youtube.com has gone viral and has garnered more than 2,500,000 views by Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014.
Watch the banned yet sexy Scarlett Johansson's SodaStream ad below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install