Watch: Scarlett Johansson's Sexy SodaStream Ad for Super Bowl Gets Banned and Then Becomes an Internet Sensation
By jaskiran kaur | January 29, 2014 4:38 PM EST
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" actress Scarlett Johansson's seductive SodaStream ad has become an internet sensation even before it was broadcast officially, as planned. The soda drinks manufacturer company was set to debut through this sexy Scarlett Johansson ad during the Super Bowl. But the ad has been banned from the much awaited sports event. Read on to find out why the channel banned the advert.
SodaStream is an Israeli company that manufactures products like home carbonation systems and flavourings. It assigned the American actress Scarlett Johansson as their global brand ambassador. It is said that the ad was set to debut on Feb 2, 2014 when the much anticipated sports event, Super Bowl, would begin. But Fox network decided to reject the ad and keep it away from its big debut.
According to the reports, Fox axed the ad from the popular NFL event not because it is too sexy but because of the brand's big competitors. The channel decided to ban Scarlett Johansson's commercial because it is "afraid of Coke and Pepsi," as per SodaStream CEO Daniel Birnbaum to USA Today.
The ad features actress Scarlett Johansson, who is preparing the drink and then wonders how to make the message go viral. In an attempt, she transforms into her sexy self and is shown sipping the soda drink seductively. And her closing line that appeared to have caused its ban is: "Sorry Coke and Pepsi."
The ad campaign is also surrounded by some criticism. Oxfam, an international welfare organisation of which Scarlett Johansson is an ambassador, issued a statement opposing "all trade from Israeli settlements, which are illegal under international law."
However, the ad, which will not be shown during the popular games event, has already become an internet sensation of sorts. It looks as though all it needed was rejection and some criticism to make its message go viral, as wished by Scarlett Johansson in the ad itself. The uncensored version of the ad that was published on Jan 27, 2014 on the video sharing Web site Youtube.com has gone viral and has garnered more than 2,500,000 views by Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014.
Watch the banned yet sexy Scarlett Johansson's SodaStream ad below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related