Aussie Actress Margot Robbie’s New Movie Role, Duchess No More, Filming Location
By Anshu Shrivastava | January 29, 2014 4:33 PM EST
Australian actress Margot Robbie is currently shooting for her next movie, "Z for Zachariah," in New Zealand. The shoot for this movie reportedly began on January 27, 2014.
Margot has gone simple and brunette for the role, which is a huge departure from her sexy, blonde look in "Wolf of Wall Street." The actress posted a picture of herself on her WhoSay account, saying "First day on set for Z! She ain't a Duchess no more."
On January 23, 2014, Margot, 23, had tweeted: "Prep for Z for Zachariah is well and truly underway - I'm now officially a brunette and spent the day milking cows and driving tractors!"
Talking about her new look, the actress said to POPSUGAR: "I think it needs to be a mousey brown colour for this role. Keeping it very limp, very of what it is - boring hair!"
Amanda Seyfried was originally supposed to star in the movie, playing the principal role of Ann Burden. As the filming date was moved ahead, Amanda was non-committal about doing the movie. Margot bagged the role. The character will no longer be 16 years old. The Hollywood Reporter reports that Ann will be aged-up.
"Z for Zachariah," a post-apocalyptic indie movie, is based on a book of the same name by Robert C. O'Brien. Craig Zobel is directing the movie. Nissar Modi has written the script. The movie also stars Chris Pine and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
In the book, Ann Burden, 16, is completely alone, as the nuclear war has destroyed the world that she once knew and lived in. She lives in a remote valley, alone and it seems, no one else has survived the nuclear war. However, someone else is alive, too. This man makes his way towards the remote valley. According to the book's synopsis, "Ann soon realizes there may be worse things than being the last person on Earth."
KFTV reports that the shooting of "Z for Zachariah," will take place mainly in locations around Canterbury, the area that surrounds Christchurch.
Margot has become one of the hottest Australian exports to Hollywood, after the success of "Wolf of Wall Street."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones