Aussie Actress Margot Robbie’s New Movie Role, Duchess No More, Filming Location
By Anshu Shrivastava | January 29, 2014 4:33 PM EST
Australian actress Margot Robbie is currently shooting for her next movie, "Z for Zachariah," in New Zealand. The shoot for this movie reportedly began on January 27, 2014.
Margot has gone simple and brunette for the role, which is a huge departure from her sexy, blonde look in "Wolf of Wall Street." The actress posted a picture of herself on her WhoSay account, saying "First day on set for Z! She ain't a Duchess no more."
On January 23, 2014, Margot, 23, had tweeted: "Prep for Z for Zachariah is well and truly underway - I'm now officially a brunette and spent the day milking cows and driving tractors!"
Talking about her new look, the actress said to POPSUGAR: "I think it needs to be a mousey brown colour for this role. Keeping it very limp, very of what it is - boring hair!"
Amanda Seyfried was originally supposed to star in the movie, playing the principal role of Ann Burden. As the filming date was moved ahead, Amanda was non-committal about doing the movie. Margot bagged the role. The character will no longer be 16 years old. The Hollywood Reporter reports that Ann will be aged-up.
"Z for Zachariah," a post-apocalyptic indie movie, is based on a book of the same name by Robert C. O'Brien. Craig Zobel is directing the movie. Nissar Modi has written the script. The movie also stars Chris Pine and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
In the book, Ann Burden, 16, is completely alone, as the nuclear war has destroyed the world that she once knew and lived in. She lives in a remote valley, alone and it seems, no one else has survived the nuclear war. However, someone else is alive, too. This man makes his way towards the remote valley. According to the book's synopsis, "Ann soon realizes there may be worse things than being the last person on Earth."
KFTV reports that the shooting of "Z for Zachariah," will take place mainly in locations around Canterbury, the area that surrounds Christchurch.
Margot has become one of the hottest Australian exports to Hollywood, after the success of "Wolf of Wall Street."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand