Aussie Actress Margot Robbie’s New Movie Role, Duchess No More, Filming Location
By Anshu Shrivastava | January 29, 2014 4:33 PM EST
Australian actress Margot Robbie is currently shooting for her next movie, "Z for Zachariah," in New Zealand. The shoot for this movie reportedly began on January 27, 2014.
Margot has gone simple and brunette for the role, which is a huge departure from her sexy, blonde look in "Wolf of Wall Street." The actress posted a picture of herself on her WhoSay account, saying "First day on set for Z! She ain't a Duchess no more."
On January 23, 2014, Margot, 23, had tweeted: "Prep for Z for Zachariah is well and truly underway - I'm now officially a brunette and spent the day milking cows and driving tractors!"
Talking about her new look, the actress said to POPSUGAR: "I think it needs to be a mousey brown colour for this role. Keeping it very limp, very of what it is - boring hair!"
Amanda Seyfried was originally supposed to star in the movie, playing the principal role of Ann Burden. As the filming date was moved ahead, Amanda was non-committal about doing the movie. Margot bagged the role. The character will no longer be 16 years old. The Hollywood Reporter reports that Ann will be aged-up.
"Z for Zachariah," a post-apocalyptic indie movie, is based on a book of the same name by Robert C. O'Brien. Craig Zobel is directing the movie. Nissar Modi has written the script. The movie also stars Chris Pine and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
In the book, Ann Burden, 16, is completely alone, as the nuclear war has destroyed the world that she once knew and lived in. She lives in a remote valley, alone and it seems, no one else has survived the nuclear war. However, someone else is alive, too. This man makes his way towards the remote valley. According to the book's synopsis, "Ann soon realizes there may be worse things than being the last person on Earth."
KFTV reports that the shooting of "Z for Zachariah," will take place mainly in locations around Canterbury, the area that surrounds Christchurch.
Margot has become one of the hottest Australian exports to Hollywood, after the success of "Wolf of Wall Street."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports