Truth Behind 'The Wanted' Break-Up Revealed: Max George Blames One Direction's Roaring Success
By Sonalee singh | January 29, 2014 4:30 PM EST
It is finally revealed why the popular music band The Wanted announced its split after four years of being together. Max George has confessed that the growing tension between the group members and the unsurpassable success of rival band One Direction were the reasons why The Wanted broke-up.
Fans of The Wanted were taken by surprise when the former announced about taking a break on Jan 22. It was previously speculated that the reason for their split was the band members' individual careers. However, Max George said in his recent interview to The Sun that One Direction was one of the reasons and it shouldn't come as a shock to the fans.
"One Direction are a phenomenon that no one else can compete with. They've taken over the market. We have our own fans, who we love, but we couldn't stop things from happening. It shouldn't be a surprise for anyone. As upsetting as it might be to some of the other guys, I have to live my life. Nathan and I haven't broken any promises either because we're both going to be on the tour," stated George.
This revelation might upset "The Wanted" fans as the band had built its own niche and if not at par with "One Direction," it was on a rise.
While announcing their split earlier this year, The Wanted had released a official statement on their website TheWantedMusic.com saying, "This tour will be their last for a while as Tom, Max, Jay, Siva and Nathan have collectively decided to take time to pursue personal endeavors following the tour's conclusion. The band wants to stress to their fans that they will continue on as The Wanted and look forward to many successful projects together in the future. They thank their fans for their continued love and support and look forward to seeing them on tour."
Previous to the split, the band had released their new album called "Word of Mouth" and had given smash hits like "Glow In The Dark," "I Found You," "Chasing The Sun," and "Glad You Came," These are the number which the band had performed together in their last tour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Emmy Awards 2014: Where To Watch Live Online, Top Nominations [VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- US, Syria to Work Together to Vaporise ISIS
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU