Truth Behind 'The Wanted' Break-Up Revealed: Max George Blames One Direction's Roaring Success
By Sonalee singh | January 29, 2014 4:30 PM EST
It is finally revealed why the popular music band The Wanted announced its split after four years of being together. Max George has confessed that the growing tension between the group members and the unsurpassable success of rival band One Direction were the reasons why The Wanted broke-up.
Fans of The Wanted were taken by surprise when the former announced about taking a break on Jan 22. It was previously speculated that the reason for their split was the band members' individual careers. However, Max George said in his recent interview to The Sun that One Direction was one of the reasons and it shouldn't come as a shock to the fans.
"One Direction are a phenomenon that no one else can compete with. They've taken over the market. We have our own fans, who we love, but we couldn't stop things from happening. It shouldn't be a surprise for anyone. As upsetting as it might be to some of the other guys, I have to live my life. Nathan and I haven't broken any promises either because we're both going to be on the tour," stated George.
This revelation might upset "The Wanted" fans as the band had built its own niche and if not at par with "One Direction," it was on a rise.
While announcing their split earlier this year, The Wanted had released a official statement on their website TheWantedMusic.com saying, "This tour will be their last for a while as Tom, Max, Jay, Siva and Nathan have collectively decided to take time to pursue personal endeavors following the tour's conclusion. The band wants to stress to their fans that they will continue on as The Wanted and look forward to many successful projects together in the future. They thank their fans for their continued love and support and look forward to seeing them on tour."
Previous to the split, the band had released their new album called "Word of Mouth" and had given smash hits like "Glow In The Dark," "I Found You," "Chasing The Sun," and "Glad You Came," These are the number which the band had performed together in their last tour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon