Truth Behind 'The Wanted' Break-Up Revealed: Max George Blames One Direction's Roaring Success
By Sonalee singh | January 29, 2014 4:30 PM EST
It is finally revealed why the popular music band The Wanted announced its split after four years of being together. Max George has confessed that the growing tension between the group members and the unsurpassable success of rival band One Direction were the reasons why The Wanted broke-up.
Fans of The Wanted were taken by surprise when the former announced about taking a break on Jan 22. It was previously speculated that the reason for their split was the band members' individual careers. However, Max George said in his recent interview to The Sun that One Direction was one of the reasons and it shouldn't come as a shock to the fans.
"One Direction are a phenomenon that no one else can compete with. They've taken over the market. We have our own fans, who we love, but we couldn't stop things from happening. It shouldn't be a surprise for anyone. As upsetting as it might be to some of the other guys, I have to live my life. Nathan and I haven't broken any promises either because we're both going to be on the tour," stated George.
This revelation might upset "The Wanted" fans as the band had built its own niche and if not at par with "One Direction," it was on a rise.
While announcing their split earlier this year, The Wanted had released a official statement on their website TheWantedMusic.com saying, "This tour will be their last for a while as Tom, Max, Jay, Siva and Nathan have collectively decided to take time to pursue personal endeavors following the tour's conclusion. The band wants to stress to their fans that they will continue on as The Wanted and look forward to many successful projects together in the future. They thank their fans for their continued love and support and look forward to seeing them on tour."
Previous to the split, the band had released their new album called "Word of Mouth" and had given smash hits like "Glow In The Dark," "I Found You," "Chasing The Sun," and "Glad You Came," These are the number which the band had performed together in their last tour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales