Truth Behind 'The Wanted' Break-Up Revealed: Max George Blames One Direction's Roaring Success
By Sonalee singh | January 29, 2014 4:30 PM EST
It is finally revealed why the popular music band The Wanted announced its split after four years of being together. Max George has confessed that the growing tension between the group members and the unsurpassable success of rival band One Direction were the reasons why The Wanted broke-up.
Fans of The Wanted were taken by surprise when the former announced about taking a break on Jan 22. It was previously speculated that the reason for their split was the band members' individual careers. However, Max George said in his recent interview to The Sun that One Direction was one of the reasons and it shouldn't come as a shock to the fans.
"One Direction are a phenomenon that no one else can compete with. They've taken over the market. We have our own fans, who we love, but we couldn't stop things from happening. It shouldn't be a surprise for anyone. As upsetting as it might be to some of the other guys, I have to live my life. Nathan and I haven't broken any promises either because we're both going to be on the tour," stated George.
This revelation might upset "The Wanted" fans as the band had built its own niche and if not at par with "One Direction," it was on a rise.
While announcing their split earlier this year, The Wanted had released a official statement on their website TheWantedMusic.com saying, "This tour will be their last for a while as Tom, Max, Jay, Siva and Nathan have collectively decided to take time to pursue personal endeavors following the tour's conclusion. The band wants to stress to their fans that they will continue on as The Wanted and look forward to many successful projects together in the future. They thank their fans for their continued love and support and look forward to seeing them on tour."
Previous to the split, the band had released their new album called "Word of Mouth" and had given smash hits like "Glow In The Dark," "I Found You," "Chasing The Sun," and "Glad You Came," These are the number which the band had performed together in their last tour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date