Truth Behind 'The Wanted' Break-Up Revealed: Max George Blames One Direction's Roaring Success
By Sonalee singh | January 29, 2014 4:30 PM EST
It is finally revealed why the popular music band The Wanted announced its split after four years of being together. Max George has confessed that the growing tension between the group members and the unsurpassable success of rival band One Direction were the reasons why The Wanted broke-up.
Fans of The Wanted were taken by surprise when the former announced about taking a break on Jan 22. It was previously speculated that the reason for their split was the band members' individual careers. However, Max George said in his recent interview to The Sun that One Direction was one of the reasons and it shouldn't come as a shock to the fans.
"One Direction are a phenomenon that no one else can compete with. They've taken over the market. We have our own fans, who we love, but we couldn't stop things from happening. It shouldn't be a surprise for anyone. As upsetting as it might be to some of the other guys, I have to live my life. Nathan and I haven't broken any promises either because we're both going to be on the tour," stated George.
This revelation might upset "The Wanted" fans as the band had built its own niche and if not at par with "One Direction," it was on a rise.
While announcing their split earlier this year, The Wanted had released a official statement on their website TheWantedMusic.com saying, "This tour will be their last for a while as Tom, Max, Jay, Siva and Nathan have collectively decided to take time to pursue personal endeavors following the tour's conclusion. The band wants to stress to their fans that they will continue on as The Wanted and look forward to many successful projects together in the future. They thank their fans for their continued love and support and look forward to seeing them on tour."
Previous to the split, the band had released their new album called "Word of Mouth" and had given smash hits like "Glow In The Dark," "I Found You," "Chasing The Sun," and "Glad You Came," These are the number which the band had performed together in their last tour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga