Hockey India League Where to Watch Live: Mumbai Magicians vs Uttar Pradesh Wizards Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 29, 2014 4:25 PM EST
The Mumbai Magicians will look to bounce back from their opening game loss when they host the Uttar Pradesh Wizards in the Hockey India League on Wednesday night.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for an 8 pm IST start with live coverage on Star Sports 1, Star Sports 3 and Star Sports HD1 in India. The game can also be watched via live streaming online HERE.
The Magicians were seemingly on their way to victory in their first game of the tournament only for the Punjab Warriors to fight back brilliantly to secure a 5-3 win.
"Our team played well but we did a few mistakes during the game," a disappointed Mumbai captain PR Sreejesh said after the game. "The team was very weak in converting the penalty corners and there was a lack of coordination between the players.
"In our next match we will try improve upon these mistakes and will try to do our best."
A lack of concentration in key moments was one of the main reasons behind the Mumbai Magicians' loss against Punjab, and the home side will look to ensure they don't make the same mistakes yet again when they take on the UP Wizards.
"In our first match though the team played well we got weak in our defence in the second half of the game," Mumbai Magicians coach MK Kaushik told the Hockey India website. "We need to start winning matches at our home turf as this builds confidence and makes the opponents think and rethink their strategy.
"Upcoming match we will work towards not repeating those mistakes again. As the team is good at penalty corners, we are hopeful of converting the chances we get," Sreejesh added.
The Uttar Pradesh Wizards pulled off an impressive come-from-behind 3-2 victory over defending champions Ranchi Rhinos in their first match, and the away side will no doubt take that confidence into the second game on Wednesday.
"The team played well though many players were new," Wizards coach Roelant Oltmans said. "I could see team effort on the ground which helped us convert chances. I do not have any strategy in place for the subsequent matches and will strategise one at a time. Our aim is to perform better than the opponent without putting much pressure on the team.
UP Wizards skipper VR Raghunath is determined not to get too carried away with the opening round win, however, and knows his team will have to cut out the mistakes that cost them two goals against the Rhinos.
"It's a new day tomorrow and a new match for us," Raghunath said on Tuesday. "After our win against Ranchi Rhinos, we would be playing with a positive mind. We will stick to our strength and would try to rectify the mistakes that we made in our first game."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef