Hockey India League Where to Watch Live: Mumbai Magicians vs Uttar Pradesh Wizards Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 29, 2014 4:25 PM EST
The Mumbai Magicians will look to bounce back from their opening game loss when they host the Uttar Pradesh Wizards in the Hockey India League on Wednesday night.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for an 8 pm IST start with live coverage on Star Sports 1, Star Sports 3 and Star Sports HD1 in India. The game can also be watched via live streaming online HERE.
The Magicians were seemingly on their way to victory in their first game of the tournament only for the Punjab Warriors to fight back brilliantly to secure a 5-3 win.
"Our team played well but we did a few mistakes during the game," a disappointed Mumbai captain PR Sreejesh said after the game. "The team was very weak in converting the penalty corners and there was a lack of coordination between the players.
"In our next match we will try improve upon these mistakes and will try to do our best."
A lack of concentration in key moments was one of the main reasons behind the Mumbai Magicians' loss against Punjab, and the home side will look to ensure they don't make the same mistakes yet again when they take on the UP Wizards.
"In our first match though the team played well we got weak in our defence in the second half of the game," Mumbai Magicians coach MK Kaushik told the Hockey India website. "We need to start winning matches at our home turf as this builds confidence and makes the opponents think and rethink their strategy.
"Upcoming match we will work towards not repeating those mistakes again. As the team is good at penalty corners, we are hopeful of converting the chances we get," Sreejesh added.
The Uttar Pradesh Wizards pulled off an impressive come-from-behind 3-2 victory over defending champions Ranchi Rhinos in their first match, and the away side will no doubt take that confidence into the second game on Wednesday.
"The team played well though many players were new," Wizards coach Roelant Oltmans said. "I could see team effort on the ground which helped us convert chances. I do not have any strategy in place for the subsequent matches and will strategise one at a time. Our aim is to perform better than the opponent without putting much pressure on the team.
UP Wizards skipper VR Raghunath is determined not to get too carried away with the opening round win, however, and knows his team will have to cut out the mistakes that cost them two goals against the Rhinos.
"It's a new day tomorrow and a new match for us," Raghunath said on Tuesday. "After our win against Ranchi Rhinos, we would be playing with a positive mind. We will stick to our strength and would try to rectify the mistakes that we made in our first game."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date