HTC One And One Mini Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out, Does It Fix Purple Camera Hue?
By Ryan Inoyori | January 29, 2014 4:00 PM EST
HTC One owners can now get the official Android KitKat before January ends featuring Android 4.4.2 firmware, new security enhancements, cloud printing and more. But does it fix the purple camera hue effect on the device?
Android KitKat Roll Out
HTC One Sense variant owners can finally rejoice for HTC finally approved the release of Android 4.4.2 update. Users of HTC One and One Mini in Canada will soon receive the sweetness of KitKat through six different network carriers: Bell, Rogers, TELUS, Virgin, Wind and SaskTel. They are currently working to certify the latest firmware build sent out by HTC which you should expect very soon.
In the U.S., HTC One users will receive their official Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Over-the-Air process from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon networks. International version of the HTC One Sense variant is now getting the latest firmware update in Europe, which confirms the possible release in the U.S.
Meanwhile, owners of HTC One X will get a dose of its final firmware update - Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean - after an HTC executive confirmed AT&T approval of the software and expected to be pushed in the same timeframe with HTC One's Android 4.4.2 update.
Changes And Features
Some features may depend according to the network carrier pushing the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update but some are standards from HTC.
1. HTC Sense 5.5 version
2. Android 4.4.2 default updates
3. Security enhancements
4. Cloud print service improvements
5. New bluetooth profiles to support more media interactions
6. Support of flash removed from the browser
7. BlinkFeed upgrades
8. User interface changes throughout the smartphone
You need to use a Wi-Fi connection for the update to avoid incurring charges through mobile data connection.
Purple Camera Hue
One of the flaws found in HTC One is the purple, blue, red hues on the camera app requiring some tweaking to fix it temporarily. Reports described the problem as images having tinted blue or purple or even red during captures under low-light conditions.
HTC sent out Android 4.3 Jelly Bean to fix the problem. According to the owners, purple camera hue effect persisted after the update. Based on the tweet of LlabTooFeR which contained an image of Android 4.4.2 change log, HTC didn't mention any fix on the purple hue issue. It was unknown if the problem would be resolved after HTC One gets the new firmware.
According to the comments on Android and Me Web site, one user asked if the purple hue will be resolved by updating the device to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Another user replied saying the problem isn't software- related.
"It's hardware issue. Get camera module replacement free of charge at any HTC service center."
If this is true, simply visit HTC to have the camera purple hue effect fixed. But if your area is too far from the center, use some tweaks by adjusting saturation and contrast on the camera app.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet