U.K. Socialite Commits Suicide In Beverly Hills After Cosmetic Surgery Went Wrong
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | January 29, 2014 3:44 PM EST
A British socialite found it unbearable to look at herself after going through a disastrous cosmetic surgery. She stripped herself naked and jumped off a high rise at Beverly Hills.
Sandra D'Auriol was killed after she jumped off the building. The 53-year-old used to work for Asprey, a favorite jeweler of the British royal family. She underwent a facelift on Jan. 21. When she got in the next morning, she apparently felt aggressive and agitated. Investigators suspected D'Auriol might have been a victim of anesthesia reactions which went wrong, news.come.au reported.
She took her clothes off and went on the top of the Camden Medical Arts building. According to the authorities, she stayed there for 3 hours which she dangled the feet off the edge. She, however, had an interaction with police negotiators who tried talking her out of the situation for hours. They were successful in talking to her and eventually she killed herself.
D'Auriol, a mother of two, used to stay in Hong Kong since 1983. She approached Dr. Brian Novack, a well-known cosmetic surgeon in Beverly Hills. The Hollywood Reporter mentioned Dr. Novack had previously worked with several celebrities, including Demi Moore. However, there might have been serious issues which made D'Auriol upset about the surgery outcome that she took her own life.
The Daily Mail reported Avi Rai, her former colleague at CWS, felt it was "tragic." Rai informed D'Auriol was British. However, he was not ready to comment much on the death since it was still under investigation.
According to her company profile, she was born in India and brought up in Ibiza and Singapore. The profile also said she used to create "one-of-a-kind" jewelery every season and display it in several major cities like Paris, London and New York. She worked in the company since 1999.
Watch top examples of cosmetic surgery gone wrong in Hollywood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner's Secret To A Slim and Sexy Body: All About Her Diet And Fitness Routine [Watch Video]
- Bill Gates Believes Ebola Could Spread Outside West Africa, Warns Countries Should Strengthen Healthcare
- Sleep Deprivation Among Teens Is The Main Cause of Low Academic Performance, Bad Behaviour And Lethargy, Finds Study
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Pilgrimage To Mecca: The Latest Health and Travel Advice For Muslim Hajj And Umrah With Regard To MERS-CoV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate