U.K. Socialite Commits Suicide In Beverly Hills After Cosmetic Surgery Went Wrong
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | January 29, 2014 3:44 PM EST
A British socialite found it unbearable to look at herself after going through a disastrous cosmetic surgery. She stripped herself naked and jumped off a high rise at Beverly Hills.
Sandra D'Auriol was killed after she jumped off the building. The 53-year-old used to work for Asprey, a favorite jeweler of the British royal family. She underwent a facelift on Jan. 21. When she got in the next morning, she apparently felt aggressive and agitated. Investigators suspected D'Auriol might have been a victim of anesthesia reactions which went wrong, news.come.au reported.
She took her clothes off and went on the top of the Camden Medical Arts building. According to the authorities, she stayed there for 3 hours which she dangled the feet off the edge. She, however, had an interaction with police negotiators who tried talking her out of the situation for hours. They were successful in talking to her and eventually she killed herself.
D'Auriol, a mother of two, used to stay in Hong Kong since 1983. She approached Dr. Brian Novack, a well-known cosmetic surgeon in Beverly Hills. The Hollywood Reporter mentioned Dr. Novack had previously worked with several celebrities, including Demi Moore. However, there might have been serious issues which made D'Auriol upset about the surgery outcome that she took her own life.
The Daily Mail reported Avi Rai, her former colleague at CWS, felt it was "tragic." Rai informed D'Auriol was British. However, he was not ready to comment much on the death since it was still under investigation.
According to her company profile, she was born in India and brought up in Ibiza and Singapore. The profile also said she used to create "one-of-a-kind" jewelery every season and display it in several major cities like Paris, London and New York. She worked in the company since 1999.
Watch top examples of cosmetic surgery gone wrong in Hollywood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 12 Terrifyingly Healthy Halloween Treats
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]