U.K. Socialite Commits Suicide In Beverly Hills After Cosmetic Surgery Went Wrong
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | January 29, 2014 3:44 PM EST
A British socialite found it unbearable to look at herself after going through a disastrous cosmetic surgery. She stripped herself naked and jumped off a high rise at Beverly Hills.
Sandra D'Auriol was killed after she jumped off the building. The 53-year-old used to work for Asprey, a favorite jeweler of the British royal family. She underwent a facelift on Jan. 21. When she got in the next morning, she apparently felt aggressive and agitated. Investigators suspected D'Auriol might have been a victim of anesthesia reactions which went wrong, news.come.au reported.
She took her clothes off and went on the top of the Camden Medical Arts building. According to the authorities, she stayed there for 3 hours which she dangled the feet off the edge. She, however, had an interaction with police negotiators who tried talking her out of the situation for hours. They were successful in talking to her and eventually she killed herself.
D'Auriol, a mother of two, used to stay in Hong Kong since 1983. She approached Dr. Brian Novack, a well-known cosmetic surgeon in Beverly Hills. The Hollywood Reporter mentioned Dr. Novack had previously worked with several celebrities, including Demi Moore. However, there might have been serious issues which made D'Auriol upset about the surgery outcome that she took her own life.
The Daily Mail reported Avi Rai, her former colleague at CWS, felt it was "tragic." Rai informed D'Auriol was British. However, he was not ready to comment much on the death since it was still under investigation.
According to her company profile, she was born in India and brought up in Ibiza and Singapore. The profile also said she used to create "one-of-a-kind" jewelery every season and display it in several major cities like Paris, London and New York. She worked in the company since 1999.
Watch top examples of cosmetic surgery gone wrong in Hollywood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Great Australian Sex Census Decodes Sex Technology Habits of Australians
- Dwayne Johnson Talks About Overcoming Depression
- Paris Hilton Quits Junk Food: A High Fat Diet Could Destroy Your Sense of Smell, Study
- HIV/AIDS Cure a Step Closer with Anti-Cancer Drugs 'Kicking' Virus Out of Infected Cells
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Agrees To Pay $190 Million To Settle Gynaecology Scandal
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More