Floyd Mayweather Did Not Bet $10M On Denver Broncos To Beat Seattle Sea Hawks On Super Bowl Sunday
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 29, 2014 3:24 PM EST
It is no secret that Floyd Mayweather bets huge amount of money on sports. The latest buzz swirling around numerous news Web sites was that Mayweather has reportedly put an enormous amount of bucks down to the Denver Broncos to beat the Seattle Sea Hawks by more than two points on Sunday at Super Bowl XLVIII.
The rumor started after Vegas Gambling Steam tweeted Mayweather's alleged $10 million bet. "*Betting Info* Floyd Mayweather L48hours bet 10.4 million on Broncos -2 (Action with 7 different shops + 4 offshore accts) 8Million in credit," it said. The social media immediately went crazy and several news outlet immediately reported the news.
But wait, there's more. "**BREAKING NEWS** Source: Floyd Mayweather not only bet 10.4 Mill on Broncos -2, he also is betting 2.6 million on Broncos -1/2 1st Half #IBN," another tweet reads.
Mayweather is no newbie to shocking displays of fortune, but before you start rolling your eyes, the undefeated boxer did not really bet $10 million on the Broncos, Fight Hype reported.
According to Mayweather's personal massage therapist Doralie Medina, there is not an ounce of truth to the story. "No, that's not true at all," Medina told Ben Thompson of Fight Hype. "Floyd was just laughing about that, but no, Ben, you can let everyone know that it's not true," said Medina. The boxing superstar said that people should stop believing all the betting rumors if they didn't come from him, Leonard Ellerbe, or Al Haymon.
Well, there you go. Mayweather did not bet $10 million on the Broncos.
Super Bowl XLVIII is only a few days away. Te betting odds are just getting more exciting than ever. In 2013, the fans bet an unmatched $99 million on the Super Bowl. This time around, the Nevada gambling industry are anticipating that the betting record will be broken come Sunday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy