Floyd Mayweather Did Not Bet $10M On Denver Broncos To Beat Seattle Sea Hawks On Super Bowl Sunday
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 29, 2014 3:24 PM EST
It is no secret that Floyd Mayweather bets huge amount of money on sports. The latest buzz swirling around numerous news Web sites was that Mayweather has reportedly put an enormous amount of bucks down to the Denver Broncos to beat the Seattle Sea Hawks by more than two points on Sunday at Super Bowl XLVIII.
The rumor started after Vegas Gambling Steam tweeted Mayweather's alleged $10 million bet. "*Betting Info* Floyd Mayweather L48hours bet 10.4 million on Broncos -2 (Action with 7 different shops + 4 offshore accts) 8Million in credit," it said. The social media immediately went crazy and several news outlet immediately reported the news.
But wait, there's more. "**BREAKING NEWS** Source: Floyd Mayweather not only bet 10.4 Mill on Broncos -2, he also is betting 2.6 million on Broncos -1/2 1st Half #IBN," another tweet reads.
Mayweather is no newbie to shocking displays of fortune, but before you start rolling your eyes, the undefeated boxer did not really bet $10 million on the Broncos, Fight Hype reported.
According to Mayweather's personal massage therapist Doralie Medina, there is not an ounce of truth to the story. "No, that's not true at all," Medina told Ben Thompson of Fight Hype. "Floyd was just laughing about that, but no, Ben, you can let everyone know that it's not true," said Medina. The boxing superstar said that people should stop believing all the betting rumors if they didn't come from him, Leonard Ellerbe, or Al Haymon.
Well, there you go. Mayweather did not bet $10 million on the Broncos.
Super Bowl XLVIII is only a few days away. Te betting odds are just getting more exciting than ever. In 2013, the fans bet an unmatched $99 million on the Super Bowl. This time around, the Nevada gambling industry are anticipating that the betting record will be broken come Sunday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June