Floyd Mayweather Did Not Bet $10M On Denver Broncos To Beat Seattle Sea Hawks On Super Bowl Sunday
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 29, 2014 3:24 PM EST
It is no secret that Floyd Mayweather bets huge amount of money on sports. The latest buzz swirling around numerous news Web sites was that Mayweather has reportedly put an enormous amount of bucks down to the Denver Broncos to beat the Seattle Sea Hawks by more than two points on Sunday at Super Bowl XLVIII.
The rumor started after Vegas Gambling Steam tweeted Mayweather's alleged $10 million bet. "*Betting Info* Floyd Mayweather L48hours bet 10.4 million on Broncos -2 (Action with 7 different shops + 4 offshore accts) 8Million in credit," it said. The social media immediately went crazy and several news outlet immediately reported the news.
But wait, there's more. "**BREAKING NEWS** Source: Floyd Mayweather not only bet 10.4 Mill on Broncos -2, he also is betting 2.6 million on Broncos -1/2 1st Half #IBN," another tweet reads.
Mayweather is no newbie to shocking displays of fortune, but before you start rolling your eyes, the undefeated boxer did not really bet $10 million on the Broncos, Fight Hype reported.
According to Mayweather's personal massage therapist Doralie Medina, there is not an ounce of truth to the story. "No, that's not true at all," Medina told Ben Thompson of Fight Hype. "Floyd was just laughing about that, but no, Ben, you can let everyone know that it's not true," said Medina. The boxing superstar said that people should stop believing all the betting rumors if they didn't come from him, Leonard Ellerbe, or Al Haymon.
Well, there you go. Mayweather did not bet $10 million on the Broncos.
Super Bowl XLVIII is only a few days away. Te betting odds are just getting more exciting than ever. In 2013, the fans bet an unmatched $99 million on the Super Bowl. This time around, the Nevada gambling industry are anticipating that the betting record will be broken come Sunday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’