Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date to Show Off Two Models like iPhone 5S and 5C, Says Analyst
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 29, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Two Samsung Galaxy S5 variants will stun waiting fans on its release date, according to credible analyst.
According to a report from Apple Insider, KGI Securities Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said that Samsung will launch its next-generation Galaxy S5 in two models, the Galaxy S5 "Prime" and Galaxy S5 "Standard".
Pheonix Pham by Concept-Phones
Samsung Galaxy S5 Concept Image by Pheonix Pham
Both variants will come in plastic models. Initial reports claimed that Samsung was going to release two Galaxy S5 variants: one with a metallic casing and the other with a plastic body. However, Mr Kuo said that a metal built is no longer an option for Samsung to keep the price low of Galaxy S5.
Another aspect where Samsung will cut the cost for the handset is on the screen display. Kuo said that both smartphones will pack a 5.2-inch display. However, the "Prime" model will reportedly use a higher resolution panel with 1440 x 2560 and a pixel density of 565 pixels per inch (ppi), while the "Standard" will use a 1920 x 1080 Full HD display with a pixel density of 423 pixels per inch (ppi).
The report added that the "Prime" variant will use a 32-bit octa-core Samsung Exynos 5430 processor using a 20nm process technology. On the other hand, the "Standard" model will feature either a 32-bit quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor or 32-bit octa-core Samsung Exynos 5422, which will be made using the 28nm process technology. Moreover, the Galaxy S5 "Prime" will come with a fingerprint scanner.
Meanwhile, a patent from Samsung was spotted last week and showed the Galaxy S5 having no buttons. The design of the smartphone is similar to its predecessor Galaxy S4 and S3. Both devices feature soft keys and a home button. The patent also suggested that Samsung Galaxy S5 will drop the rumoured retina scanner. However, Samsung still has not confirmed the details and features of its upcoming flagship phone.
Samsung Galaxy S5 release date is expected to happen as early as next month ahead the Mobile World Congress. While some reports said that Galaxy S5 will be introduced in March and will be available in April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid