Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 brought many things owners didn't like such as poor battery life, wireless issues and updating problems. Rumours pointed out Android 4.4.2 KitKat update soon but can it fix the bugs or will bring new ones instead?
Current Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean was supposedly the latest update but the company skipped due to issues they have found and decided to push Android 4.3. But Samsung released a buggy Android 4.3 Jelly Bean which was replaced by a newer firmware version that contains all necessary fixes.
The United States network carries Sprint Verizon were the first to push Android 4.3 for Galaxy S4, S3 and Note 2, and owners thought that it will go smooth and easy. Unfortunately, lots of users weren't able to get it and for those who did, complained of several bugs on their devices after the update.
Notable bugs include:
1. Unable to retrieve the firmware update
2. Update hangs and won't proceed
3. Wi-Fi drops and connectivity issues
4. Charging difficulties
5. Some keyboard issues
6. LTE autonomy under Wi-Fi connection
7. Bluetooth bugs
8. Poor battery life
9. Increase power demands
10. Phone automatically locks up
11. Google Apps glitches
Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Google made Android KitKat running Nexus devices to receive 4.4.2 version and it was expected to fix major bugs found on earlier firmware builds. Sadly, more came out and kept on plaguing Nexus owners primarily on Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.
Here are some terrible issues on Android 4.4.2 KitKat found on Nexus devices:
1. Battery life remains shorter due to Exchange unusual syncing
2. Exchange email client still buggy
3. Missing calls while connected to the Internet
4. Some units have been reported with malfunctioned dialler app
5. Media storage crash that prevents data transfer from PC
6. No control over Bluetooth audio output
7. NFC tags doesn't detect the device
8. Freezing firmware installation
9. Camera crash issues
10. Slow recharging using manufacturer's charger
Android 4.4.3 KitKat
According to some reports, Google may release an Android 4.4.3 KitKat update and people are expecting it will fix issues found on Nexus units running 4.4.2 version. If it works, Samsung may release Android 4.4.3 instead to make sure everything goes smoothly this time.
It may also allow Samsung to impart more features to Galaxy S4, S3 and Note 2 which could be based on Galaxy S5.
To contact the editor, e-mail: