Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date Not Coming as Company Lost Interest in Nexus Line
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 29, 2014 2:06 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date may no longer happen as reports said that the company has lost its interest in making the Nexus line.
This rumour stemmed from Edgar Murtazin's tweet saying that Google is potentially changing course on their Nexus platform, and discontinuing it in favor of the Google Play Edition devices. Murtazin's source of this particular information is still unknown but Murtazin's track record has a hit and miss reputation.
Photo of the Nexus 10, taken from http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html, which is released under CC 2.5 Attribution. Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License.
However, with the recent developments, or lack thereof, in Google, this could mean that he is probably right this time. Moreover, the development of the Google Play Edition program has come along quickly. More manufacturers are more than willing to make Google Play editions of their devices.
Waiting fans were disappointed that Google has not unveiled a new 10-inch tablet yet. The company skipped various rumoured release dates in the last few months.
Meanwhile, other reports also claimed that Google may skip Nexus 10 2 release date as the company will shift its focus on the rumoured Nexus 8. DigiTimes cited supply chain sources saying that Google is shifting its focus from the 7-inch tablet to the 8-inch niche market for the Nexus 8 tablet. The tablet is expected to arrive in the second half of 2014. The report added that the waning sales of Nexus 7 tablet is one of the causes of the shift. Moreover, the new iPad Mini with Retina display proved to be a strong competition.
Google has not disclosed any details yet on its plans. But Google Nexus 10 2 is also speculated to come with a new version of Android OS - Android 4.5. The tablet will also include a 10-inch display with 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, a 5-megapixel rear camera and a 3-megapixel front-facing camera. Necus 10 2 will most probably come in 16GB and 32GB storage variants. Other rumoured features of the tablet are either a Samsung Exynos 5 processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset or an NVIDIA Tegra 4 CPU. Any of these will be paired with a bigger RAM and a separate graphics chip, Adreno 330.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James