PS4 News: PS1, PS2 Titles Backwards Compatibility; PS4, PS3 'Battlefield' Update; More on 'The Elder Scrolls Online'
By Gel Galang | January 29, 2014 1:43 PM EST
PlayStation Now is bringing PS1 and PS2 titles over to the PS4, making backwards compatibility possible with Sony's next-gen console. But according to an insider source from Eurogamer, it seems that this is just a part of it, and the recent announcement of PS3 customisation for gameplay over IP of the PS3 may also come for the PS1 and PS2 titles.
According to the source, it seems like the same emulator plan that for the PS3 will be granted for the older PS titles while even targeting HD resolutions for the games. The next move, it seems, is finding that balance where the older titles can run without experiencing blurring, which the report suggests may be in the form of resolution scaling in unofficial PC emulation in Sony's consoles or the HD remasters in games.
What do you think of Sony's new move?
*The latest on "Watch Dogs": Release date, potential reason for delay and more here.
'Battlefield 4' Update to Apply to PS4 and PS3
A number of stability issues, fixes and improvements will be coming in for "Battlefield 4" come end of January or early February, and this latest update will include all platforms of the game, including the PS4 and PS3.
An update from Battlelog reveals that DICE had been gathering intel on how to improve the game, and so far, this new update is the latest in its efforts to improve the game for players.
"We are aiming to get a new update live for all platforms at the end of January/beginning of February (timing might change). This update will include a number of stability improvements, tweaks, and fixes. We will get back to you with the change notes as the update goes live," according to Battlelog.
*"Borderlands 2" is getting a new mode, which will make it more functional for those with colour blindness: Read the details here.
PlayStation Lifestyle has listed down the different vehicle fixes coming for all "Battlefield 4" platforms, and these include tweaks for aircraft and anti-aircraft, and tanks and anti-tank. There are reduction of ranges, physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles, velocity of the MAA's default, splash damage and even the intelligence of the MBT LAW missiles.
No Need for 'Elder Scrolls Online' Subscription for PS Plus
Users can add another list of games that don't need the PS Plus subscription to play online, and that's for the upcoming "The Elder Scrolls Online." GameRanx has spotted an update on the game, which states that the first multiplayer game of "The Elder Scrolls" no longer has to bother players with two kinds of subscription fees.
*Seems like the update for the PS4's 3D Blu-ray isn't coming soon: Read the full story here.
This is a plus for PS4 players because compared to the Xbox One version, which will require a membership to the Xbox Live Gold, as well as a $14.99 charge, to get access to "The Elder Scrolls Online," PS4 players now won't have to worry about PS Plus.
"A PlayStation Plus membership is not required to play The Elder Scrolls Online. PS4 players will only be required to pay the same monthly subscription associated with The Elder Scrolls Online that PC and Mac users will pay - nothing more," said Matt Firor, game director for ZeniMAx Online Studios.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools