PS4 News: PS1, PS2 Titles Backwards Compatibility; PS4, PS3 'Battlefield' Update; More on 'The Elder Scrolls Online'
By Gel Galang | January 29, 2014 1:43 PM EST
PlayStation Now is bringing PS1 and PS2 titles over to the PS4, making backwards compatibility possible with Sony's next-gen console. But according to an insider source from Eurogamer, it seems that this is just a part of it, and the recent announcement of PS3 customisation for gameplay over IP of the PS3 may also come for the PS1 and PS2 titles.
According to the source, it seems like the same emulator plan that for the PS3 will be granted for the older PS titles while even targeting HD resolutions for the games. The next move, it seems, is finding that balance where the older titles can run without experiencing blurring, which the report suggests may be in the form of resolution scaling in unofficial PC emulation in Sony's consoles or the HD remasters in games.
What do you think of Sony's new move?
*The latest on "Watch Dogs": Release date, potential reason for delay and more here.
'Battlefield 4' Update to Apply to PS4 and PS3
A number of stability issues, fixes and improvements will be coming in for "Battlefield 4" come end of January or early February, and this latest update will include all platforms of the game, including the PS4 and PS3.
An update from Battlelog reveals that DICE had been gathering intel on how to improve the game, and so far, this new update is the latest in its efforts to improve the game for players.
"We are aiming to get a new update live for all platforms at the end of January/beginning of February (timing might change). This update will include a number of stability improvements, tweaks, and fixes. We will get back to you with the change notes as the update goes live," according to Battlelog.
*"Borderlands 2" is getting a new mode, which will make it more functional for those with colour blindness: Read the details here.
PlayStation Lifestyle has listed down the different vehicle fixes coming for all "Battlefield 4" platforms, and these include tweaks for aircraft and anti-aircraft, and tanks and anti-tank. There are reduction of ranges, physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles, velocity of the MAA's default, splash damage and even the intelligence of the MBT LAW missiles.
No Need for 'Elder Scrolls Online' Subscription for PS Plus
Users can add another list of games that don't need the PS Plus subscription to play online, and that's for the upcoming "The Elder Scrolls Online." GameRanx has spotted an update on the game, which states that the first multiplayer game of "The Elder Scrolls" no longer has to bother players with two kinds of subscription fees.
*Seems like the update for the PS4's 3D Blu-ray isn't coming soon: Read the full story here.
This is a plus for PS4 players because compared to the Xbox One version, which will require a membership to the Xbox Live Gold, as well as a $14.99 charge, to get access to "The Elder Scrolls Online," PS4 players now won't have to worry about PS Plus.
"A PlayStation Plus membership is not required to play The Elder Scrolls Online. PS4 players will only be required to pay the same monthly subscription associated with The Elder Scrolls Online that PC and Mac users will pay - nothing more," said Matt Firor, game director for ZeniMAx Online Studios.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?