NBA Preview: Indiana Pacers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | January 29, 2014 1:34 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers are well on their way to the lottery, and the Indiana Pacers are looking to add to their woes when Paul George and company visit the Staples Center on Tuesday night.
NBA: Chicago Bulls at Memphis Grizzlies
The match-up features a Lakers squad which is one of the worst defensive teams in the league and a Pacers crew which is tops in D. Los Angeles allows 106.1 points per game—2nd worst in the entire league, while Indiana limits the opposition to just 90.2 PPG—the benchmark for defense in the NBA.
The Lakers at 16-29 are the 3rd worst team in the Western Conference and have lost 10 of their last 12 games. Meanwhile, the Pacers have an NBA-best 34-9 win-loss card but have just settled for a split in their last four games.
Bad news for the Hollywood team as George (18 points and 6/18 FGs), David West (16 points, 6/20 FGs) and Roy Hibbert (5 points) and the rest of the Pacers are looking to bounce back after bad performances in their last outing.
The Lakers are coming off a 110-103 blowout loss to the Knicks. Pau Gasol's double-double of 20 points and 13 rebounds and Jodie Meeks' 24 points all came to waste as the Lakers suffered their fourth loss in a row.
Betting Lines: Indiana Pacers (-10.5) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (O/U: 205.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Pacers are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games vs. West teams
- The Pacers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Pacific division teams
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Central division teams
- The Lakers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8