NBA Preview: Indiana Pacers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | January 29, 2014 1:34 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers are well on their way to the lottery, and the Indiana Pacers are looking to add to their woes when Paul George and company visit the Staples Center on Tuesday night.
NBA: Chicago Bulls at Memphis Grizzlies
The match-up features a Lakers squad which is one of the worst defensive teams in the league and a Pacers crew which is tops in D. Los Angeles allows 106.1 points per game—2nd worst in the entire league, while Indiana limits the opposition to just 90.2 PPG—the benchmark for defense in the NBA.
The Lakers at 16-29 are the 3rd worst team in the Western Conference and have lost 10 of their last 12 games. Meanwhile, the Pacers have an NBA-best 34-9 win-loss card but have just settled for a split in their last four games.
Bad news for the Hollywood team as George (18 points and 6/18 FGs), David West (16 points, 6/20 FGs) and Roy Hibbert (5 points) and the rest of the Pacers are looking to bounce back after bad performances in their last outing.
The Lakers are coming off a 110-103 blowout loss to the Knicks. Pau Gasol's double-double of 20 points and 13 rebounds and Jodie Meeks' 24 points all came to waste as the Lakers suffered their fourth loss in a row.
Betting Lines: Indiana Pacers (-10.5) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (O/U: 205.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Pacers are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games vs. West teams
- The Pacers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Pacific division teams
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Central division teams
- The Lakers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan