NBA Preview: Indiana Pacers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | January 29, 2014 1:34 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers are well on their way to the lottery, and the Indiana Pacers are looking to add to their woes when Paul George and company visit the Staples Center on Tuesday night.
NBA: Chicago Bulls at Memphis Grizzlies
The match-up features a Lakers squad which is one of the worst defensive teams in the league and a Pacers crew which is tops in D. Los Angeles allows 106.1 points per game—2nd worst in the entire league, while Indiana limits the opposition to just 90.2 PPG—the benchmark for defense in the NBA.
The Lakers at 16-29 are the 3rd worst team in the Western Conference and have lost 10 of their last 12 games. Meanwhile, the Pacers have an NBA-best 34-9 win-loss card but have just settled for a split in their last four games.
Bad news for the Hollywood team as George (18 points and 6/18 FGs), David West (16 points, 6/20 FGs) and Roy Hibbert (5 points) and the rest of the Pacers are looking to bounce back after bad performances in their last outing.
The Lakers are coming off a 110-103 blowout loss to the Knicks. Pau Gasol's double-double of 20 points and 13 rebounds and Jodie Meeks' 24 points all came to waste as the Lakers suffered their fourth loss in a row.
Betting Lines: Indiana Pacers (-10.5) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (O/U: 205.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Pacers are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games vs. West teams
- The Pacers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Pacific division teams
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Central division teams
- The Lakers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko