NBA Preview: Indiana Pacers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | January 29, 2014 1:34 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers are well on their way to the lottery, and the Indiana Pacers are looking to add to their woes when Paul George and company visit the Staples Center on Tuesday night.
NBA: Chicago Bulls at Memphis Grizzlies
The match-up features a Lakers squad which is one of the worst defensive teams in the league and a Pacers crew which is tops in D. Los Angeles allows 106.1 points per game—2nd worst in the entire league, while Indiana limits the opposition to just 90.2 PPG—the benchmark for defense in the NBA.
The Lakers at 16-29 are the 3rd worst team in the Western Conference and have lost 10 of their last 12 games. Meanwhile, the Pacers have an NBA-best 34-9 win-loss card but have just settled for a split in their last four games.
Bad news for the Hollywood team as George (18 points and 6/18 FGs), David West (16 points, 6/20 FGs) and Roy Hibbert (5 points) and the rest of the Pacers are looking to bounce back after bad performances in their last outing.
The Lakers are coming off a 110-103 blowout loss to the Knicks. Pau Gasol's double-double of 20 points and 13 rebounds and Jodie Meeks' 24 points all came to waste as the Lakers suffered their fourth loss in a row.
Betting Lines: Indiana Pacers (-10.5) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (O/U: 205.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Pacers are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games vs. West teams
- The Pacers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Pacific division teams
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Central division teams
- The Lakers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More