NBA Preview: Indiana Pacers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | January 29, 2014 1:34 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers are well on their way to the lottery, and the Indiana Pacers are looking to add to their woes when Paul George and company visit the Staples Center on Tuesday night.
NBA: Chicago Bulls at Memphis Grizzlies
The match-up features a Lakers squad which is one of the worst defensive teams in the league and a Pacers crew which is tops in D. Los Angeles allows 106.1 points per game—2nd worst in the entire league, while Indiana limits the opposition to just 90.2 PPG—the benchmark for defense in the NBA.
The Lakers at 16-29 are the 3rd worst team in the Western Conference and have lost 10 of their last 12 games. Meanwhile, the Pacers have an NBA-best 34-9 win-loss card but have just settled for a split in their last four games.
Bad news for the Hollywood team as George (18 points and 6/18 FGs), David West (16 points, 6/20 FGs) and Roy Hibbert (5 points) and the rest of the Pacers are looking to bounce back after bad performances in their last outing.
The Lakers are coming off a 110-103 blowout loss to the Knicks. Pau Gasol's double-double of 20 points and 13 rebounds and Jodie Meeks' 24 points all came to waste as the Lakers suffered their fourth loss in a row.
Betting Lines: Indiana Pacers (-10.5) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (O/U: 205.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Pacers are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games vs. West teams
- The Pacers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Pacific division teams
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Central division teams
- The Lakers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’