Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Thinks his Character Stefan Salvatore Needs to Get a New Fling
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 29, 2014 12:11 PM EST
"Vampire Diaries" actor Paul Wesley has shared what he thinks his character Stefan Salvatore needs in the fifth season of the hit CW TV series. In an interview with Celebuzz ahead of airing the 100th episode "500 Years of Solitude," the 31-year-old actor stated that the vampire character needs to get a new fling.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
Ian Somerhalder on Twitter: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Shares Hilarious Image of Pet Cat Moke Smelling His Butt
'The Originals' Spoilers: Image Stills For Episode 12 Show Klaus' New Enemy Papa Tunde, Watch Promo Video Featuring Elijah and Rebekah's Debate
Mr Wesley reached the thought of Stefan having a new fling after he was asked about the possibility on the Stefan-Caroline (Candice Accola) or "Steroline" romance. "There has been an undercurrent the past couple of years. I'd like it to happen. I think Stephan needs to get a new fling," stated the actor in the interview at The Grove in Los Angeles where he was helping in the launch of Old Spice's Re-fresh Body Spray and the "Scent Responsibly" educational program to end the over-spraying epidemic.
When asked if he is a Team Stelena shipper or Team Delena, Paul Wesley responded with Stefan and Elena (Nina Dobrev) being the TV series' couple but he thinks either Salvatore brother should end up with the girl. "I think it is all one big dysfunctional relationship!" shared Mr Wesley.
The actor also revealed in the interview that he likes the "Vampire Diaries" spin-off series "The Originals" and loves the character Klaus Mikaelson portrayed by English actor Joseph Morgan. "I like the mythology of it is really interesting. He's a complex character. He's pretty vicious, I like [those kinds of] characters," admitted Paul.
Paul Wesley may have loved the on-screen character Klaus but in real-life, his bromance with another "The Originals" star is getting stronger. "Hi Paul. I'm curious, you and Daniel Gillies have a loving relationship? PS: I love you two together," asked a fan of the actor on his Mobio INsider page. According to the WetPaint report, Paul's funny response read: "Yes, please tell no one, I beg of you."
Previous reports on Paul's bromance with Daniel include his confession of his man-crush for "The Originals" actor and the cardboard cutout of himself situated at the corner of Daniel Gillies' dressing room. On a serious note, Paul Wesley appears to have found new love with "The Originals" actress Phoebe Tonkin after getting spotted together in New York City searching for apartments and spending their holiday vacation in Australia.
Catch Paul Wesley as vampire Stefan Salvatore in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 that airs Thursday nights at 8 p.m. ET on the CW network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Episode 11 '500 Years of Solitude' Recap/Spoilers: Katherine Pierce Did It Again, Accomplished Evil Plan on Elena Gilbert - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Teases 100th Episode Will Seal Katherine's Fate - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Shares His Top Five Favorite Scenes in the CW TV Series [VIDEO] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen