Manny Pacquiao News: Pacman is ‘Only’ One-Dimensional Fighter, Says Tim Bradley
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 29, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Tim Bradley Jr. dropped a big bomb on Manny Pacquiao, as he described the eight-division world champion as one-dimensional fighter ahead of their much-awaited WBO Welterweight Championship rematch on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Manny Pacquiao will face Tim Bradley on April 12
After squeaking out a controversial split decision victory over Pacquiao roughly two years ago, Bradley will take on Pacquiao once again, but this time, he will be entering the ring as the champion.
Motivated by the questionable win over the Pacman, Bradley came through with impressive wins in his last two fights as he defeated Russian slugger Ruslan Provodnikov in gritty 12-round slugfest and then followed it up with a clear split-decision win over Juan Manuel Marquez to retain his WBO Welterweight belt.
Fighting One-Dimensional Fighter
In a recent interview with Fight Hype, Bradley said he's going to be a much better fighter than the last time he fought Pacquiao. The man hailed as the Desert Storm believed he has the advantage as a better boxer and tactician in the ring than a 'predictable, one-dimensional' slugger like the Pacman.
"I'ma be able to out-think Pacquiao as well. Coming into this fight, I feel I definitely will be able to out-think Pacquiao," Bradley said in the interview.
"Pacquiao has a lot of speed and power in both hands, but he's very predictable. Marquez is not and that's the reason why Marquez was able to give Pacquiao fits all the time was because he made Pacquiao think.
Bradley also sided with Pacquiao's bitterest rival Juan Manuel Marquez as way more cerebral fighter than the Pacman, whom he described as a fast and powerful boxer but fought only one way.
"You know, Marquez was more cerebral than Pacquiao, "Marquez always said, 'He won't beat me because he's not smarter than me.' I honestly feel that Marquez is very, very, very smart and he made adjustments in the fight.
"He [Marquez] altered his game and, you know, I had to alter my as well because I had to be ready for whatever he was doing. Pacquiao only fights really one way, man. Yeah, he only fights one way." Bradley said.
For more Pacquiao vs.Bradley update, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft