Manny Pacquiao News: Pacman is ‘Only’ One-Dimensional Fighter, Says Tim Bradley
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 29, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Tim Bradley Jr. dropped a big bomb on Manny Pacquiao, as he described the eight-division world champion as one-dimensional fighter ahead of their much-awaited WBO Welterweight Championship rematch on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Manny Pacquiao will face Tim Bradley on April 12
After squeaking out a controversial split decision victory over Pacquiao roughly two years ago, Bradley will take on Pacquiao once again, but this time, he will be entering the ring as the champion.
Motivated by the questionable win over the Pacman, Bradley came through with impressive wins in his last two fights as he defeated Russian slugger Ruslan Provodnikov in gritty 12-round slugfest and then followed it up with a clear split-decision win over Juan Manuel Marquez to retain his WBO Welterweight belt.
Fighting One-Dimensional Fighter
In a recent interview with Fight Hype, Bradley said he's going to be a much better fighter than the last time he fought Pacquiao. The man hailed as the Desert Storm believed he has the advantage as a better boxer and tactician in the ring than a 'predictable, one-dimensional' slugger like the Pacman.
"I'ma be able to out-think Pacquiao as well. Coming into this fight, I feel I definitely will be able to out-think Pacquiao," Bradley said in the interview.
"Pacquiao has a lot of speed and power in both hands, but he's very predictable. Marquez is not and that's the reason why Marquez was able to give Pacquiao fits all the time was because he made Pacquiao think.
Bradley also sided with Pacquiao's bitterest rival Juan Manuel Marquez as way more cerebral fighter than the Pacman, whom he described as a fast and powerful boxer but fought only one way.
"You know, Marquez was more cerebral than Pacquiao, "Marquez always said, 'He won't beat me because he's not smarter than me.' I honestly feel that Marquez is very, very, very smart and he made adjustments in the fight.
"He [Marquez] altered his game and, you know, I had to alter my as well because I had to be ready for whatever he was doing. Pacquiao only fights really one way, man. Yeah, he only fights one way." Bradley said.
For more Pacquiao vs.Bradley update, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet