Manny Pacquiao News: Pacman is ‘Only’ One-Dimensional Fighter, Says Tim Bradley
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 29, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Tim Bradley Jr. dropped a big bomb on Manny Pacquiao, as he described the eight-division world champion as one-dimensional fighter ahead of their much-awaited WBO Welterweight Championship rematch on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Manny Pacquiao will face Tim Bradley on April 12
After squeaking out a controversial split decision victory over Pacquiao roughly two years ago, Bradley will take on Pacquiao once again, but this time, he will be entering the ring as the champion.
Motivated by the questionable win over the Pacman, Bradley came through with impressive wins in his last two fights as he defeated Russian slugger Ruslan Provodnikov in gritty 12-round slugfest and then followed it up with a clear split-decision win over Juan Manuel Marquez to retain his WBO Welterweight belt.
Fighting One-Dimensional Fighter
In a recent interview with Fight Hype, Bradley said he's going to be a much better fighter than the last time he fought Pacquiao. The man hailed as the Desert Storm believed he has the advantage as a better boxer and tactician in the ring than a 'predictable, one-dimensional' slugger like the Pacman.
"I'ma be able to out-think Pacquiao as well. Coming into this fight, I feel I definitely will be able to out-think Pacquiao," Bradley said in the interview.
"Pacquiao has a lot of speed and power in both hands, but he's very predictable. Marquez is not and that's the reason why Marquez was able to give Pacquiao fits all the time was because he made Pacquiao think.
Bradley also sided with Pacquiao's bitterest rival Juan Manuel Marquez as way more cerebral fighter than the Pacman, whom he described as a fast and powerful boxer but fought only one way.
"You know, Marquez was more cerebral than Pacquiao, "Marquez always said, 'He won't beat me because he's not smarter than me.' I honestly feel that Marquez is very, very, very smart and he made adjustments in the fight.
"He [Marquez] altered his game and, you know, I had to alter my as well because I had to be ready for whatever he was doing. Pacquiao only fights really one way, man. Yeah, he only fights one way." Bradley said.
For more Pacquiao vs.Bradley update, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying