Manny Pacquiao News: Pacman is ‘Only’ One-Dimensional Fighter, Says Tim Bradley
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 29, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Tim Bradley Jr. dropped a big bomb on Manny Pacquiao, as he described the eight-division world champion as one-dimensional fighter ahead of their much-awaited WBO Welterweight Championship rematch on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Manny Pacquiao will face Tim Bradley on April 12
After squeaking out a controversial split decision victory over Pacquiao roughly two years ago, Bradley will take on Pacquiao once again, but this time, he will be entering the ring as the champion.
Motivated by the questionable win over the Pacman, Bradley came through with impressive wins in his last two fights as he defeated Russian slugger Ruslan Provodnikov in gritty 12-round slugfest and then followed it up with a clear split-decision win over Juan Manuel Marquez to retain his WBO Welterweight belt.
Fighting One-Dimensional Fighter
In a recent interview with Fight Hype, Bradley said he's going to be a much better fighter than the last time he fought Pacquiao. The man hailed as the Desert Storm believed he has the advantage as a better boxer and tactician in the ring than a 'predictable, one-dimensional' slugger like the Pacman.
"I'ma be able to out-think Pacquiao as well. Coming into this fight, I feel I definitely will be able to out-think Pacquiao," Bradley said in the interview.
"Pacquiao has a lot of speed and power in both hands, but he's very predictable. Marquez is not and that's the reason why Marquez was able to give Pacquiao fits all the time was because he made Pacquiao think.
Bradley also sided with Pacquiao's bitterest rival Juan Manuel Marquez as way more cerebral fighter than the Pacman, whom he described as a fast and powerful boxer but fought only one way.
"You know, Marquez was more cerebral than Pacquiao, "Marquez always said, 'He won't beat me because he's not smarter than me.' I honestly feel that Marquez is very, very, very smart and he made adjustments in the fight.
"He [Marquez] altered his game and, you know, I had to alter my as well because I had to be ready for whatever he was doing. Pacquiao only fights really one way, man. Yeah, he only fights one way." Bradley said.
For more Pacquiao vs.Bradley update, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales