2014 NBA Trade News: Dwyane Wade on Chicago Bulls' Radar as Star Plans to Opt Out Contract With Miami Heat
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 29, 2014 11:18 AM EST
Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade could consider opting out of his contract this summer, leaving the possibility of the flash possible alliance with his hometown team - the Chicago Bulls next season.
The Bulls could be candidate for Dwyane Wade
According to the Orlando Sentinel, the former NBA Finals MVP and multiple-time All-Star could forego the final year of his current contract to restructure a new deal with the Heat. It is well speculated that Wade, along with fellow stars LeBron James and Chris Bosh, will opt out from their contracts next summer for the chance to test the free-agency market.
Sporting World correspondent Lauren Moranor believed Wade will be the X-factor who could influence the decision of both James and Bosh this summer. If Wade decides to leave Heat, the two other stars would likely bolt out of South Beach as well as they try to join other teams with championship aspirations.
"The Orlando Sun-Sentinel reports that Wade is considering opting out of his contract at the end of the season in order to re-work his contract and ease the financial burden in order to re-sign both James and Bosh to better contracts," reported Sporting World.
"Wade took a pay cut when James and Bosh joined in free agency and he might be willing to do so again for the team. Instead of making around $40 million over the next two seasons, he could sign a deal worth $60 million over the next five seasons. That would make him a smaller salary cap and tax hit," he added.
Flash With the Bulls
Though there's always a possibility of staying put with the Heat, D-Wade might also consider returning home in Chicago to join Derrick Rose and the Bulls. "There is certainly no confirmation on Wade's behalf that this will happen, but the guard has been with the Heat for his entire career and could decide to end it there as well," Moranor said.
The Bulls are expected to amnesty Carlos Boozer this coming summer as they look to position them as an ideal destination for free-agents. Wade is averaging 18 points, 5 assists and 5 rebounds per game in another season-hampered with injuries - especially his bothersome knee.
Despite his injuries, Wade is still very much a capable scorer as a starter or a bench player, and many teams are still expected to make a run at him, if he decided to opt out.
For the Bulls, a backcourt consists of healthy Derrick Rose and Wade will be the most explosive they have since the Michael Jordan era. The leadership and ability of Wade, along with a solid roster, would certainly help the Bulls contend for a title in the next two or three years.
For more NBA Trade news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People