2014 NBA Trade News: Dwyane Wade on Chicago Bulls' Radar as Star Plans to Opt Out Contract With Miami Heat
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 29, 2014 11:18 AM EST
Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade could consider opting out of his contract this summer, leaving the possibility of the flash possible alliance with his hometown team - the Chicago Bulls next season.
The Bulls could be candidate for Dwyane Wade
According to the Orlando Sentinel, the former NBA Finals MVP and multiple-time All-Star could forego the final year of his current contract to restructure a new deal with the Heat. It is well speculated that Wade, along with fellow stars LeBron James and Chris Bosh, will opt out from their contracts next summer for the chance to test the free-agency market.
Sporting World correspondent Lauren Moranor believed Wade will be the X-factor who could influence the decision of both James and Bosh this summer. If Wade decides to leave Heat, the two other stars would likely bolt out of South Beach as well as they try to join other teams with championship aspirations.
"The Orlando Sun-Sentinel reports that Wade is considering opting out of his contract at the end of the season in order to re-work his contract and ease the financial burden in order to re-sign both James and Bosh to better contracts," reported Sporting World.
"Wade took a pay cut when James and Bosh joined in free agency and he might be willing to do so again for the team. Instead of making around $40 million over the next two seasons, he could sign a deal worth $60 million over the next five seasons. That would make him a smaller salary cap and tax hit," he added.
Flash With the Bulls
Though there's always a possibility of staying put with the Heat, D-Wade might also consider returning home in Chicago to join Derrick Rose and the Bulls. "There is certainly no confirmation on Wade's behalf that this will happen, but the guard has been with the Heat for his entire career and could decide to end it there as well," Moranor said.
The Bulls are expected to amnesty Carlos Boozer this coming summer as they look to position them as an ideal destination for free-agents. Wade is averaging 18 points, 5 assists and 5 rebounds per game in another season-hampered with injuries - especially his bothersome knee.
Despite his injuries, Wade is still very much a capable scorer as a starter or a bench player, and many teams are still expected to make a run at him, if he decided to opt out.
For the Bulls, a backcourt consists of healthy Derrick Rose and Wade will be the most explosive they have since the Michael Jordan era. The leadership and ability of Wade, along with a solid roster, would certainly help the Bulls contend for a title in the next two or three years.
For more NBA Trade news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet