Bulls Trade Rumours: Blockbuster Trade Involving Derrick Rose Will Make Chicago Championship Contender Next Season
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 29, 2014 11:10 AM EST
The Chicago Bulls can still be a championship contender even with franchise guard Derrick Rose is playing for another ball club. The Bulls, who remain a tough playoff contender despite losing Rose and dealing away Luol Deng, could pull off the most shocking but probably effective coup in franchise history by trading Rose either before the Feb 20 trade deadline or this coming summer.
Chicago's Derrick Rose tore his ACL in Game 1 of in the first round of last year's playoffs and was expected to miss a minimum of eight months.
According to Yahoo Sports contributor Delton Russell, the Bulls should explore on the possibility of trading Rose to an assets-loaded teams to speed up their rebuilding effort. Without a doubt, Rose has been the face of the franchise for the past four or five years, but two major knee surgeries could be a big blow on the Bulls' championship aspirations.
Rose averaged 15.9 points and 4.3 assists in his just first 10 games coming off lengthy rehabilitation after suffering a torn ACL injury. Rose' production this season is a far cry from his statistical line (25 points and 7 assists) when he won his first regular-season MVP in 2011.
Russell believes the Bulls have to trade Rose while he remains an attractive trade chip for other ball clubs. Despite his record-breaking deal with Adidas and multiple individual awards, Rose' second chapter of his career looks uncertain because of the injuries he suffered these past two seasons.
The Yahoo contributor added that Rose is not going to be an effective scorer if his knees continue to trouble him in the succeeding seasons. With his long range shooting remains a suspect, Rose might struggle to score a bunch of points, if he doesn't possess the explosiveness he used to have.
"Rose was never a great shooter. The thing that made him a difference-maker was his quickness and his explosive jumping ability that allowed him to drive the lane and play among the trees near the rim. If Rose goes up to dunk and finds his explosion is not longer there, is he really worth $20 million per year to be a jump-shooter?" the Yahoo Contributor stated.
Trade Proposition and Picture of Championship Caliber Roster
Russell said the Bulls could instantly bounce back even after trading Rose. With a loaded free agency class coming this summer, the Bulls will have enough cap space to sign Carmelo Anthony or perhaps Chris Bosh (if Carlos Boozer's contract in amnestied) to play alongside Joakim Noah, Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson.
Moreover, the Bulls could bring in European sharpshooter Nikola Mirotic to Chicago, giving them more firepower and foundation for their future campaigns. This trade proposal sounds absurd, but the Bulls front office executive must consider this crazy trade, if they want to continue their winning tradition, even without D-Rose.
For more Bulls Trade Rumors, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier