Bulls Trade Rumours: Blockbuster Trade Involving Derrick Rose Will Make Chicago Championship Contender Next Season
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 29, 2014 11:10 AM EST
The Chicago Bulls can still be a championship contender even with franchise guard Derrick Rose is playing for another ball club. The Bulls, who remain a tough playoff contender despite losing Rose and dealing away Luol Deng, could pull off the most shocking but probably effective coup in franchise history by trading Rose either before the Feb 20 trade deadline or this coming summer.
Chicago's Derrick Rose tore his ACL in Game 1 of in the first round of last year's playoffs and was expected to miss a minimum of eight months.
According to Yahoo Sports contributor Delton Russell, the Bulls should explore on the possibility of trading Rose to an assets-loaded teams to speed up their rebuilding effort. Without a doubt, Rose has been the face of the franchise for the past four or five years, but two major knee surgeries could be a big blow on the Bulls' championship aspirations.
Rose averaged 15.9 points and 4.3 assists in his just first 10 games coming off lengthy rehabilitation after suffering a torn ACL injury. Rose' production this season is a far cry from his statistical line (25 points and 7 assists) when he won his first regular-season MVP in 2011.
Russell believes the Bulls have to trade Rose while he remains an attractive trade chip for other ball clubs. Despite his record-breaking deal with Adidas and multiple individual awards, Rose' second chapter of his career looks uncertain because of the injuries he suffered these past two seasons.
The Yahoo contributor added that Rose is not going to be an effective scorer if his knees continue to trouble him in the succeeding seasons. With his long range shooting remains a suspect, Rose might struggle to score a bunch of points, if he doesn't possess the explosiveness he used to have.
"Rose was never a great shooter. The thing that made him a difference-maker was his quickness and his explosive jumping ability that allowed him to drive the lane and play among the trees near the rim. If Rose goes up to dunk and finds his explosion is not longer there, is he really worth $20 million per year to be a jump-shooter?" the Yahoo Contributor stated.
Trade Proposition and Picture of Championship Caliber Roster
Russell said the Bulls could instantly bounce back even after trading Rose. With a loaded free agency class coming this summer, the Bulls will have enough cap space to sign Carmelo Anthony or perhaps Chris Bosh (if Carlos Boozer's contract in amnestied) to play alongside Joakim Noah, Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson.
Moreover, the Bulls could bring in European sharpshooter Nikola Mirotic to Chicago, giving them more firepower and foundation for their future campaigns. This trade proposal sounds absurd, but the Bulls front office executive must consider this crazy trade, if they want to continue their winning tradition, even without D-Rose.
For more Bulls Trade Rumors, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best