Ed Sheeran Slams Miley Cyrus for 'Twerking' Dance Move: 'Twerking is what strippers do'
By Diadem Pambid | January 29, 2014 10:56 AM EST
After the "twerking" craze started out all thanks to Miley Cyrus, one celebrity to the next has slammed the "indecent" dance move. The latest includes British singer and songwriter, Ed Sheeran. According to the ginger-haired singer, "twerking" is a stripper move and that Cyrus should simply stick to singing.
Ed Sheeran performs during the BRIT Music Awards at the O2 Arena in London February 21, 2012.
"Smilers" might have to add another celebrity to their list of people who have dissed their queen's dance move. While some appreciate the fun and form of "twerking," not everyone is pleased about it. Ed Sheeran is in fact one of them. In an interview with E! News, the "A Team" singer dissed "twerking" and demanded that Miley Cyrus stop from dancing it.
"Twerking is what strippers do. It's a fact. If you go to a strip club, not that I go to strip clubs, but if you go to a strip club, they twerk," stated Sheeran.
From the way Sheeran said it, he could have gone to a strip club to know that strippers have been "twerking" just like Cyrus. Aside from slamming Cyrus to stop "twerking," the singer went on ahead to praise her for the song, "Wrecking Ball" being one heck of a good one.
"You shouldn't be encouraging little kids to twerk. Stop doing this, Miley Cyrus, please. Stop. Stop. Sing 'Wrecking Ball.' 'Wrecking Ball' is a great song," continued the British singer.
The big question is would Miley even listen to what Sheeran had to say? Everyone knows that the former Disney star listens to no one, even her mother, when it comes to the choices she makes. Would Sheeran's statement make any difference?
As for Miley Cyrus, the "twerk" queen is set to perform alongside Madonna in the upcoming MTV Unplugged special on Wednesday night on MTV.
"The performance will showcase a more intimate side of Cyrus and feature surprise guests for an unexpected re-invention of the songs that have defined her career, including several from her #1 critically acclaimed album, Bangerz," said MTV in a press release.
Ed Sheeran should probably tune in elsewhere by Wednesday night because one way or another, "twerking" would be part of the MTV Unplugged special with Miley Cyrus in it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools