Ed Sheeran Slams Miley Cyrus for 'Twerking' Dance Move: 'Twerking is what strippers do'
By Diadem Pambid | January 29, 2014 10:56 AM EST
After the "twerking" craze started out all thanks to Miley Cyrus, one celebrity to the next has slammed the "indecent" dance move. The latest includes British singer and songwriter, Ed Sheeran. According to the ginger-haired singer, "twerking" is a stripper move and that Cyrus should simply stick to singing.
Ed Sheeran performs during the BRIT Music Awards at the O2 Arena in London February 21, 2012.
"Smilers" might have to add another celebrity to their list of people who have dissed their queen's dance move. While some appreciate the fun and form of "twerking," not everyone is pleased about it. Ed Sheeran is in fact one of them. In an interview with E! News, the "A Team" singer dissed "twerking" and demanded that Miley Cyrus stop from dancing it.
"Twerking is what strippers do. It's a fact. If you go to a strip club, not that I go to strip clubs, but if you go to a strip club, they twerk," stated Sheeran.
From the way Sheeran said it, he could have gone to a strip club to know that strippers have been "twerking" just like Cyrus. Aside from slamming Cyrus to stop "twerking," the singer went on ahead to praise her for the song, "Wrecking Ball" being one heck of a good one.
"You shouldn't be encouraging little kids to twerk. Stop doing this, Miley Cyrus, please. Stop. Stop. Sing 'Wrecking Ball.' 'Wrecking Ball' is a great song," continued the British singer.
The big question is would Miley even listen to what Sheeran had to say? Everyone knows that the former Disney star listens to no one, even her mother, when it comes to the choices she makes. Would Sheeran's statement make any difference?
As for Miley Cyrus, the "twerk" queen is set to perform alongside Madonna in the upcoming MTV Unplugged special on Wednesday night on MTV.
"The performance will showcase a more intimate side of Cyrus and feature surprise guests for an unexpected re-invention of the songs that have defined her career, including several from her #1 critically acclaimed album, Bangerz," said MTV in a press release.
Ed Sheeran should probably tune in elsewhere by Wednesday night because one way or another, "twerking" would be part of the MTV Unplugged special with Miley Cyrus in it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy