Ed Sheeran Slams Miley Cyrus for 'Twerking' Dance Move: 'Twerking is what strippers do'
By Diadem Pambid | January 29, 2014 10:56 AM EST
After the "twerking" craze started out all thanks to Miley Cyrus, one celebrity to the next has slammed the "indecent" dance move. The latest includes British singer and songwriter, Ed Sheeran. According to the ginger-haired singer, "twerking" is a stripper move and that Cyrus should simply stick to singing.
Ed Sheeran performs during the BRIT Music Awards at the O2 Arena in London February 21, 2012.
"Smilers" might have to add another celebrity to their list of people who have dissed their queen's dance move. While some appreciate the fun and form of "twerking," not everyone is pleased about it. Ed Sheeran is in fact one of them. In an interview with E! News, the "A Team" singer dissed "twerking" and demanded that Miley Cyrus stop from dancing it.
"Twerking is what strippers do. It's a fact. If you go to a strip club, not that I go to strip clubs, but if you go to a strip club, they twerk," stated Sheeran.
From the way Sheeran said it, he could have gone to a strip club to know that strippers have been "twerking" just like Cyrus. Aside from slamming Cyrus to stop "twerking," the singer went on ahead to praise her for the song, "Wrecking Ball" being one heck of a good one.
"You shouldn't be encouraging little kids to twerk. Stop doing this, Miley Cyrus, please. Stop. Stop. Sing 'Wrecking Ball.' 'Wrecking Ball' is a great song," continued the British singer.
The big question is would Miley even listen to what Sheeran had to say? Everyone knows that the former Disney star listens to no one, even her mother, when it comes to the choices she makes. Would Sheeran's statement make any difference?
As for Miley Cyrus, the "twerk" queen is set to perform alongside Madonna in the upcoming MTV Unplugged special on Wednesday night on MTV.
"The performance will showcase a more intimate side of Cyrus and feature surprise guests for an unexpected re-invention of the songs that have defined her career, including several from her #1 critically acclaimed album, Bangerz," said MTV in a press release.
Ed Sheeran should probably tune in elsewhere by Wednesday night because one way or another, "twerking" would be part of the MTV Unplugged special with Miley Cyrus in it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List