Ed Sheeran Slams Miley Cyrus for 'Twerking' Dance Move: 'Twerking is what strippers do'
By Diadem Pambid | January 29, 2014 10:56 AM EST
After the "twerking" craze started out all thanks to Miley Cyrus, one celebrity to the next has slammed the "indecent" dance move. The latest includes British singer and songwriter, Ed Sheeran. According to the ginger-haired singer, "twerking" is a stripper move and that Cyrus should simply stick to singing.
Ed Sheeran performs during the BRIT Music Awards at the O2 Arena in London February 21, 2012.
"Smilers" might have to add another celebrity to their list of people who have dissed their queen's dance move. While some appreciate the fun and form of "twerking," not everyone is pleased about it. Ed Sheeran is in fact one of them. In an interview with E! News, the "A Team" singer dissed "twerking" and demanded that Miley Cyrus stop from dancing it.
"Twerking is what strippers do. It's a fact. If you go to a strip club, not that I go to strip clubs, but if you go to a strip club, they twerk," stated Sheeran.
From the way Sheeran said it, he could have gone to a strip club to know that strippers have been "twerking" just like Cyrus. Aside from slamming Cyrus to stop "twerking," the singer went on ahead to praise her for the song, "Wrecking Ball" being one heck of a good one.
"You shouldn't be encouraging little kids to twerk. Stop doing this, Miley Cyrus, please. Stop. Stop. Sing 'Wrecking Ball.' 'Wrecking Ball' is a great song," continued the British singer.
The big question is would Miley even listen to what Sheeran had to say? Everyone knows that the former Disney star listens to no one, even her mother, when it comes to the choices she makes. Would Sheeran's statement make any difference?
As for Miley Cyrus, the "twerk" queen is set to perform alongside Madonna in the upcoming MTV Unplugged special on Wednesday night on MTV.
"The performance will showcase a more intimate side of Cyrus and feature surprise guests for an unexpected re-invention of the songs that have defined her career, including several from her #1 critically acclaimed album, Bangerz," said MTV in a press release.
Ed Sheeran should probably tune in elsewhere by Wednesday night because one way or another, "twerking" would be part of the MTV Unplugged special with Miley Cyrus in it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales