Ed Sheeran Slams Miley Cyrus for 'Twerking' Dance Move: 'Twerking is what strippers do'
By Diadem Pambid | January 29, 2014 10:56 AM EST
After the "twerking" craze started out all thanks to Miley Cyrus, one celebrity to the next has slammed the "indecent" dance move. The latest includes British singer and songwriter, Ed Sheeran. According to the ginger-haired singer, "twerking" is a stripper move and that Cyrus should simply stick to singing.
Ed Sheeran performs during the BRIT Music Awards at the O2 Arena in London February 21, 2012.
"Smilers" might have to add another celebrity to their list of people who have dissed their queen's dance move. While some appreciate the fun and form of "twerking," not everyone is pleased about it. Ed Sheeran is in fact one of them. In an interview with E! News, the "A Team" singer dissed "twerking" and demanded that Miley Cyrus stop from dancing it.
"Twerking is what strippers do. It's a fact. If you go to a strip club, not that I go to strip clubs, but if you go to a strip club, they twerk," stated Sheeran.
From the way Sheeran said it, he could have gone to a strip club to know that strippers have been "twerking" just like Cyrus. Aside from slamming Cyrus to stop "twerking," the singer went on ahead to praise her for the song, "Wrecking Ball" being one heck of a good one.
"You shouldn't be encouraging little kids to twerk. Stop doing this, Miley Cyrus, please. Stop. Stop. Sing 'Wrecking Ball.' 'Wrecking Ball' is a great song," continued the British singer.
The big question is would Miley even listen to what Sheeran had to say? Everyone knows that the former Disney star listens to no one, even her mother, when it comes to the choices she makes. Would Sheeran's statement make any difference?
As for Miley Cyrus, the "twerk" queen is set to perform alongside Madonna in the upcoming MTV Unplugged special on Wednesday night on MTV.
"The performance will showcase a more intimate side of Cyrus and feature surprise guests for an unexpected re-invention of the songs that have defined her career, including several from her #1 critically acclaimed album, Bangerz," said MTV in a press release.
Ed Sheeran should probably tune in elsewhere by Wednesday night because one way or another, "twerking" would be part of the MTV Unplugged special with Miley Cyrus in it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage