Grammy Awards 2014: The Most Outrageous Red Carpet Looks
By Jesselle Maminta | January 29, 2014 9:51 AM EST
The Grammys red carpet is arguably the unofficial source of edgy, if not avant-garde, fashion. This year is no exception, as the celebs walked the red carpet in what seem to be the usual formal fare but with details that deem it worthy for Music's Biggest Night.
Katy Perry's Valentino frock is one of the best examples of this style, as the skirt is printed with music details such as notes, clefs and staffs. It's as if she is literally walking in music during her red carpet walk.
At first glance, Pharell may be just his usual self with a rather oversized hat. But netizens observed that the Vivienne Westwood hat was inspired by many things, from Smokey the Bear to the "Buffalo Girls" video.
It's not the first time that Madonna wore a suit (she has worn a similar attire in her tours and in the "Me Against The Music" video with Britney Spears), but she and her Ralph Lauren suit surely stood out in the sea of dresses at the Grammys. Not to mention that her son David shares the swagger in a similar suit and tie ensemble.
Men don't need much to inject personality to their outfits for their red carpet walk. Just take the case of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis -- the former wore a green velvet suit, while the latter had his in a black-and-gray silk houndstooth print.
And just like the Grammy-winning duo, many celebs turned to unique fabrics to add pizzazz to a rather classic outfit. Who can forget Beyonce's white lace frock that is anything but bridal? Or that sparkly Pucci dress that made Ciara look fabulous even with that proverbial bun in the oven? How about that chain mail overlay over Taylor Swift's Gucci number (which, according to Ed Sheeran, snapped while she was dancing)?
This year's Grammys has seen a bit less than the fanfare caused by the likes of Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj or even Miley Cyrus in terms of red carpet looks. But compared to Golden Globes or even Oscars, people are bound to see unique things that will inspire them to stand out from the crowd on their own red carpet moment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers