Grammy Awards 2014: The Most Outrageous Red Carpet Looks
By Jesselle Maminta | January 29, 2014 9:51 AM EST
The Grammys red carpet is arguably the unofficial source of edgy, if not avant-garde, fashion. This year is no exception, as the celebs walked the red carpet in what seem to be the usual formal fare but with details that deem it worthy for Music's Biggest Night.
Katy Perry's Valentino frock is one of the best examples of this style, as the skirt is printed with music details such as notes, clefs and staffs. It's as if she is literally walking in music during her red carpet walk.
At first glance, Pharell may be just his usual self with a rather oversized hat. But netizens observed that the Vivienne Westwood hat was inspired by many things, from Smokey the Bear to the "Buffalo Girls" video.
It's not the first time that Madonna wore a suit (she has worn a similar attire in her tours and in the "Me Against The Music" video with Britney Spears), but she and her Ralph Lauren suit surely stood out in the sea of dresses at the Grammys. Not to mention that her son David shares the swagger in a similar suit and tie ensemble.
Men don't need much to inject personality to their outfits for their red carpet walk. Just take the case of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis -- the former wore a green velvet suit, while the latter had his in a black-and-gray silk houndstooth print.
And just like the Grammy-winning duo, many celebs turned to unique fabrics to add pizzazz to a rather classic outfit. Who can forget Beyonce's white lace frock that is anything but bridal? Or that sparkly Pucci dress that made Ciara look fabulous even with that proverbial bun in the oven? How about that chain mail overlay over Taylor Swift's Gucci number (which, according to Ed Sheeran, snapped while she was dancing)?
This year's Grammys has seen a bit less than the fanfare caused by the likes of Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj or even Miley Cyrus in terms of red carpet looks. But compared to Golden Globes or even Oscars, people are bound to see unique things that will inspire them to stand out from the crowd on their own red carpet moment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28