Grammy Awards 2014: The Most Outrageous Red Carpet Looks
By Jesselle Maminta | January 29, 2014 9:51 AM EST
The Grammys red carpet is arguably the unofficial source of edgy, if not avant-garde, fashion. This year is no exception, as the celebs walked the red carpet in what seem to be the usual formal fare but with details that deem it worthy for Music's Biggest Night.
Katy Perry's Valentino frock is one of the best examples of this style, as the skirt is printed with music details such as notes, clefs and staffs. It's as if she is literally walking in music during her red carpet walk.
At first glance, Pharell may be just his usual self with a rather oversized hat. But netizens observed that the Vivienne Westwood hat was inspired by many things, from Smokey the Bear to the "Buffalo Girls" video.
It's not the first time that Madonna wore a suit (she has worn a similar attire in her tours and in the "Me Against The Music" video with Britney Spears), but she and her Ralph Lauren suit surely stood out in the sea of dresses at the Grammys. Not to mention that her son David shares the swagger in a similar suit and tie ensemble.
Men don't need much to inject personality to their outfits for their red carpet walk. Just take the case of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis -- the former wore a green velvet suit, while the latter had his in a black-and-gray silk houndstooth print.
And just like the Grammy-winning duo, many celebs turned to unique fabrics to add pizzazz to a rather classic outfit. Who can forget Beyonce's white lace frock that is anything but bridal? Or that sparkly Pucci dress that made Ciara look fabulous even with that proverbial bun in the oven? How about that chain mail overlay over Taylor Swift's Gucci number (which, according to Ed Sheeran, snapped while she was dancing)?
This year's Grammys has seen a bit less than the fanfare caused by the likes of Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj or even Miley Cyrus in terms of red carpet looks. But compared to Golden Globes or even Oscars, people are bound to see unique things that will inspire them to stand out from the crowd on their own red carpet moment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date