Grammy Awards 2014: The Most Outrageous Red Carpet Looks
By Jesselle Maminta | January 29, 2014 9:51 AM EST
The Grammys red carpet is arguably the unofficial source of edgy, if not avant-garde, fashion. This year is no exception, as the celebs walked the red carpet in what seem to be the usual formal fare but with details that deem it worthy for Music's Biggest Night.
Katy Perry's Valentino frock is one of the best examples of this style, as the skirt is printed with music details such as notes, clefs and staffs. It's as if she is literally walking in music during her red carpet walk.
At first glance, Pharell may be just his usual self with a rather oversized hat. But netizens observed that the Vivienne Westwood hat was inspired by many things, from Smokey the Bear to the "Buffalo Girls" video.
It's not the first time that Madonna wore a suit (she has worn a similar attire in her tours and in the "Me Against The Music" video with Britney Spears), but she and her Ralph Lauren suit surely stood out in the sea of dresses at the Grammys. Not to mention that her son David shares the swagger in a similar suit and tie ensemble.
Men don't need much to inject personality to their outfits for their red carpet walk. Just take the case of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis -- the former wore a green velvet suit, while the latter had his in a black-and-gray silk houndstooth print.
And just like the Grammy-winning duo, many celebs turned to unique fabrics to add pizzazz to a rather classic outfit. Who can forget Beyonce's white lace frock that is anything but bridal? Or that sparkly Pucci dress that made Ciara look fabulous even with that proverbial bun in the oven? How about that chain mail overlay over Taylor Swift's Gucci number (which, according to Ed Sheeran, snapped while she was dancing)?
This year's Grammys has seen a bit less than the fanfare caused by the likes of Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj or even Miley Cyrus in terms of red carpet looks. But compared to Golden Globes or even Oscars, people are bound to see unique things that will inspire them to stand out from the crowd on their own red carpet moment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments