Grammy Awards 2014: The Most Outrageous Red Carpet Looks
By Jesselle Maminta | January 29, 2014 9:51 AM EST
The Grammys red carpet is arguably the unofficial source of edgy, if not avant-garde, fashion. This year is no exception, as the celebs walked the red carpet in what seem to be the usual formal fare but with details that deem it worthy for Music's Biggest Night.
Katy Perry's Valentino frock is one of the best examples of this style, as the skirt is printed with music details such as notes, clefs and staffs. It's as if she is literally walking in music during her red carpet walk.
At first glance, Pharell may be just his usual self with a rather oversized hat. But netizens observed that the Vivienne Westwood hat was inspired by many things, from Smokey the Bear to the "Buffalo Girls" video.
It's not the first time that Madonna wore a suit (she has worn a similar attire in her tours and in the "Me Against The Music" video with Britney Spears), but she and her Ralph Lauren suit surely stood out in the sea of dresses at the Grammys. Not to mention that her son David shares the swagger in a similar suit and tie ensemble.
Men don't need much to inject personality to their outfits for their red carpet walk. Just take the case of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis -- the former wore a green velvet suit, while the latter had his in a black-and-gray silk houndstooth print.
And just like the Grammy-winning duo, many celebs turned to unique fabrics to add pizzazz to a rather classic outfit. Who can forget Beyonce's white lace frock that is anything but bridal? Or that sparkly Pucci dress that made Ciara look fabulous even with that proverbial bun in the oven? How about that chain mail overlay over Taylor Swift's Gucci number (which, according to Ed Sheeran, snapped while she was dancing)?
This year's Grammys has seen a bit less than the fanfare caused by the likes of Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj or even Miley Cyrus in terms of red carpet looks. But compared to Golden Globes or even Oscars, people are bound to see unique things that will inspire them to stand out from the crowd on their own red carpet moment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia