Chelsea FC Transfer News: Mourinho Insists that Blues Goalkeeper is Going Nowhere
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 29, 2014 6:40 AM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho insists that on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is going nowhere, following speculations that the latter to will be subjected to a player-for-player swap.
Jose Mourinho insists that Courtois will return to Stamford Bridge after Atletico loan spell
The 21-year-old is spending the season temporarily at Atletico Madrid, who happens to own Diego Costa - the former's counterpart in the rumoured deal.
Courtois has earlier stated that he is not willing to return to Stamford Bridge as a reserve and should that be the case, he might as well seek game-time elsewhere.
However, Mourinho remains firm that the Belgian international will return to his mother club after the loan spell this coming summer.
"No," was Mourinho's answer when asked if Courtois will be staying at Atletico for good.
Meanwhile, the Portuguese just kept mum when he was prompted with questions involving Costa-Courtois deal.
"Courtois is our player, Diego is not our player, so I cannot speak about Diego Costa," he said.
"About Courtois, I can, because he is my player."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage