Chelsea FC Transfer News: Mourinho Insists that Blues Goalkeeper is Going Nowhere
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 29, 2014 6:40 AM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho insists that on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is going nowhere, following speculations that the latter to will be subjected to a player-for-player swap.
Jose Mourinho insists that Courtois will return to Stamford Bridge after Atletico loan spell
The 21-year-old is spending the season temporarily at Atletico Madrid, who happens to own Diego Costa - the former's counterpart in the rumoured deal.
Courtois has earlier stated that he is not willing to return to Stamford Bridge as a reserve and should that be the case, he might as well seek game-time elsewhere.
However, Mourinho remains firm that the Belgian international will return to his mother club after the loan spell this coming summer.
"No," was Mourinho's answer when asked if Courtois will be staying at Atletico for good.
Meanwhile, the Portuguese just kept mum when he was prompted with questions involving Costa-Courtois deal.
"Courtois is our player, Diego is not our player, so I cannot speak about Diego Costa," he said.
"About Courtois, I can, because he is my player."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS