Chelsea FC Transfer News: Mourinho Insists that Blues Goalkeeper is Going Nowhere
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 29, 2014 6:40 AM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho insists that on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is going nowhere, following speculations that the latter to will be subjected to a player-for-player swap.
Jose Mourinho insists that Courtois will return to Stamford Bridge after Atletico loan spell
The 21-year-old is spending the season temporarily at Atletico Madrid, who happens to own Diego Costa - the former's counterpart in the rumoured deal.
Courtois has earlier stated that he is not willing to return to Stamford Bridge as a reserve and should that be the case, he might as well seek game-time elsewhere.
However, Mourinho remains firm that the Belgian international will return to his mother club after the loan spell this coming summer.
"No," was Mourinho's answer when asked if Courtois will be staying at Atletico for good.
Meanwhile, the Portuguese just kept mum when he was prompted with questions involving Costa-Courtois deal.
"Courtois is our player, Diego is not our player, so I cannot speak about Diego Costa," he said.
"About Courtois, I can, because he is my player."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match