Chelsea FC Transfer News: Milan Striker Wants to Reunite with Mourinho
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 29, 2014 5:40 AM EST
AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli knows what it's like to play under the guidance of Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, which makes him keen on reuniting with his former mentor in the near future.
"Of course I would like to play under Jose again.” - Mario Balotelli
"Of course I would like to play under Jose again," Balotelli told Sky Sports
The two first met at the San Siro when the Portuguese manager was forced to leave Stamford Bridge in spite of a successful stint.
Since then, they have had a very colorful relationship, mostly involving the French attacker's attitude towards work and professionalism. But eventually, Mourinho, who is known to have very good player-management skills, was able to win Balotelli's heart and most importantly, his respect.
"In my first days at Inter we had some problems, but then it turned into a mutual respect, and now we have a real friendship," he added.
Super Mario wants to, again, feel the sense of belongingness that he once felt when he was playing for a team overseen by the "Special One."
"When you are in Mourinho's team it is a family and he coaches on the principle that if all is well with the family it doesn't matter what is going on outside the team," he revealed.
The Chelsea gaffer is currently looking for a world-class forward that could take his squad to the next level.
Manchester United's Wayne Rooney was and is still on his priority list, but a striker with that of Balotelli's quality could be a very good, if not the best, alternative. He just needs to take care of the off-pitch issues, though.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L