Chelsea FC Transfer News: Milan Striker Wants to Reunite with Mourinho
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 29, 2014 5:40 AM EST
AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli knows what it's like to play under the guidance of Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, which makes him keen on reuniting with his former mentor in the near future.
"Of course I would like to play under Jose again.” - Mario Balotelli
"Of course I would like to play under Jose again," Balotelli told Sky Sports
The two first met at the San Siro when the Portuguese manager was forced to leave Stamford Bridge in spite of a successful stint.
Since then, they have had a very colorful relationship, mostly involving the French attacker's attitude towards work and professionalism. But eventually, Mourinho, who is known to have very good player-management skills, was able to win Balotelli's heart and most importantly, his respect.
"In my first days at Inter we had some problems, but then it turned into a mutual respect, and now we have a real friendship," he added.
Super Mario wants to, again, feel the sense of belongingness that he once felt when he was playing for a team overseen by the "Special One."
"When you are in Mourinho's team it is a family and he coaches on the principle that if all is well with the family it doesn't matter what is going on outside the team," he revealed.
The Chelsea gaffer is currently looking for a world-class forward that could take his squad to the next level.
Manchester United's Wayne Rooney was and is still on his priority list, but a striker with that of Balotelli's quality could be a very good, if not the best, alternative. He just needs to take care of the off-pitch issues, though.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June