Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Compete with Juventus for PSG Forward
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 29, 2014 2:59 AM EST
Arsenal are so interested in landing Paris Saint-Germain Forward Jeremy Menez, that they are willing to slug it out against Juventus for his signature, according to French newpaper Le Parisien.
PSG's Jeremy Menez on Arsenal's radar
The ex-Roma playmaker saw his participation decline since signing on for PSG in 2011. He has only made 8 starts for the Ligue 1 club this season, accounting for 2 goals and 2 assists to his name.
The 26-year-old has received 24 caps from the France men's team and is looking for a better opportunity elsewhere to regain his place in the international scene.
Menez has already proven that he can compete at the highest level. It's just a matter being in the right place and system.
While Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has reiterated his stance of refusing to settle for mediocre signings, the PSG man may be a tempting choice since he could be either a steal or a flop for a bargain price of €14 million.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’