Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Compete with Juventus for PSG Forward
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 29, 2014 2:59 AM EST
Arsenal are so interested in landing Paris Saint-Germain Forward Jeremy Menez, that they are willing to slug it out against Juventus for his signature, according to French newpaper Le Parisien.
PSG's Jeremy Menez on Arsenal's radar
The ex-Roma playmaker saw his participation decline since signing on for PSG in 2011. He has only made 8 starts for the Ligue 1 club this season, accounting for 2 goals and 2 assists to his name.
The 26-year-old has received 24 caps from the France men's team and is looking for a better opportunity elsewhere to regain his place in the international scene.
Menez has already proven that he can compete at the highest level. It's just a matter being in the right place and system.
While Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has reiterated his stance of refusing to settle for mediocre signings, the PSG man may be a tempting choice since he could be either a steal or a flop for a bargain price of €14 million.
Join the Conversation
- Bob Arum Calls Showtime ‘Masochists’ For Allowing Floyd Mayweather To Lose Company Money
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season