Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Compete with Juventus for PSG Forward
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 29, 2014 2:59 AM EST
Arsenal are so interested in landing Paris Saint-Germain Forward Jeremy Menez, that they are willing to slug it out against Juventus for his signature, according to French newpaper Le Parisien.
PSG's Jeremy Menez on Arsenal's radar
The ex-Roma playmaker saw his participation decline since signing on for PSG in 2011. He has only made 8 starts for the Ligue 1 club this season, accounting for 2 goals and 2 assists to his name.
The 26-year-old has received 24 caps from the France men's team and is looking for a better opportunity elsewhere to regain his place in the international scene.
Menez has already proven that he can compete at the highest level. It's just a matter being in the right place and system.
While Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has reiterated his stance of refusing to settle for mediocre signings, the PSG man may be a tempting choice since he could be either a steal or a flop for a bargain price of €14 million.
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June