NBA Preview: San Antonio Spurs vs. Houston Rockets Live Streaming and Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | January 29, 2014 2:20 AM EST
In this Texas rivalry, it appears that the Houston Rockets have the number of the San Antonio Spurs this season. The teams meet again Tuesday night in Houston, their third meeting in the teams’ season series, after the Rockets have taken the first two games in 2013.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder at San Antonio Spurs
Decimated by injuries, the San Antonio Spurs had to settle for a split in their last six games. The last one was a blowout loss to the Miami Heat, 113-101 last Sunday. In that NBA Finals rematch, the Spurs missed three key players—Tiago Splitter, Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green-- but the last two can return in time for the match-up with the Rockets.
Houston has the same record in its last six outings; a mediocre 3-3 that features back-to-back losses in a home-and-away against the Memphis Grizzlies. The Rockets lost 88-87 at home and then 99-81 on the road.
The Spurs shot 50.0 per cent from the field (38/76 FGs) in the game against the Heat but they couldn't contain Miami, which shot 58.1 per cent (43/74 FGs). The Spurs were also outrebounded, 37-28. Tim Duncan top-scored with 23 points but only had 3 rebounds. Tony Parker ended up with 11 points and 7 assists and Boris Diaw contributed 15 markers.
The Rockets are fifth in the league in scoring at 105.0 points per game. However, they completely struggled offensively against the Grizzlies shooting 40.5 and 30.0 per cent in the last two games. The Rockets were especially atrocious in the last loss as their stars struggled from the field; James Harden was 6 of 13 (16 points); Dwight Howard was 4 of 11 (10 points) and Chandler Parsons was 5 of 16 (11 points)
The Rockets beat the Spurs, 112-106 on November 30 and then treated them to a blowout, 111-98 on Christmas Day. Harden totaled 59 points in the two games versus the Spurs.
Watch the Rockets vs. Spurs via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: San Antonio Spurs (+1.5) vs. Houston Rockets (O/U: 210.5)
Game time: 11:00 a.m. AEDT
Betting Against the Spread
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- Spurs are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. Rockets
- Spurs are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Spurs are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
Houston Rockets Trends
- Rockets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Rockets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. Spurs
- Rockets are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. Southwest teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims