NBA Preview: San Antonio Spurs vs. Houston Rockets Live Streaming and Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | January 29, 2014 2:20 AM EST
In this Texas rivalry, it appears that the Houston Rockets have the number of the San Antonio Spurs this season. The teams meet again Tuesday night in Houston, their third meeting in the teams’ season series, after the Rockets have taken the first two games in 2013.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder at San Antonio Spurs
Decimated by injuries, the San Antonio Spurs had to settle for a split in their last six games. The last one was a blowout loss to the Miami Heat, 113-101 last Sunday. In that NBA Finals rematch, the Spurs missed three key players—Tiago Splitter, Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green-- but the last two can return in time for the match-up with the Rockets.
Houston has the same record in its last six outings; a mediocre 3-3 that features back-to-back losses in a home-and-away against the Memphis Grizzlies. The Rockets lost 88-87 at home and then 99-81 on the road.
The Spurs shot 50.0 per cent from the field (38/76 FGs) in the game against the Heat but they couldn't contain Miami, which shot 58.1 per cent (43/74 FGs). The Spurs were also outrebounded, 37-28. Tim Duncan top-scored with 23 points but only had 3 rebounds. Tony Parker ended up with 11 points and 7 assists and Boris Diaw contributed 15 markers.
The Rockets are fifth in the league in scoring at 105.0 points per game. However, they completely struggled offensively against the Grizzlies shooting 40.5 and 30.0 per cent in the last two games. The Rockets were especially atrocious in the last loss as their stars struggled from the field; James Harden was 6 of 13 (16 points); Dwight Howard was 4 of 11 (10 points) and Chandler Parsons was 5 of 16 (11 points)
The Rockets beat the Spurs, 112-106 on November 30 and then treated them to a blowout, 111-98 on Christmas Day. Harden totaled 59 points in the two games versus the Spurs.
Watch the Rockets vs. Spurs via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: San Antonio Spurs (+1.5) vs. Houston Rockets (O/U: 210.5)
Game time: 11:00 a.m. AEDT
Betting Against the Spread
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- Spurs are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. Rockets
- Spurs are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Spurs are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
Houston Rockets Trends
- Rockets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Rockets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. Spurs
- Rockets are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. Southwest teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Los Angeles Clippers 2014-2015 NBA Preview: Chris Paul, Blake And Lob City Aiming High
- ‘The X Factor Australia' 2014 Winner Prediction - Dean Ray Will Win Title, According To Betting Odds; Marlisa Punzalan, Brothers 3 Are The Underdogs
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored